Television Ratings for "Upgrade"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same but with NYC missing this week, I doubt it. And are they trying to kill the ratings? What's with the 90210 promo instead of Smallville.
    I wondered that too, if I didn't know it was going to be on next week, I'd wonder, given that promo

Comment

Originally posted by tyson08
      If I were the CW I'd get rid of Friday nights entirely and take back Sunday nights. They should know (especially in Spring when it warms up) that their audience will not be staying home on Friday nights anymore. I think it's time they ditch it and pick back up Sunday. That's a night when everyone is home because they have work/school on Monday's and I think Smallville or another show could do well on that night compared to Friday's.
      If I remember correctly, the reason they actually gave Sunday back to the affiliate stations was because they were LOSING money that night, bit time. They had a string of unsuccessful shows (Life is Wild, Easy Money Valentine, In Harm's Way) that got eaten up by the other networks, which is why they ended original programming on that night. So, I'm not sure that would be a good place for SMALLVILLE.

Comment

You guys have to account that NY and Connecticut was pre-empt

Comment

Yeah I thought it was pre empted in two different places.

Comment

The ratings are plummeting because there are fewer and fewer reasons to watch. Even the loyal fan base is jumping ship. Ridiculous, boring plots with little or no hope that things will get better. Anybody know who Chloe is anymore? Gives critical information to Tess without batting an eye? End the show this year - don't continue to drag this mess forward. I'll be glad when the rights to Superman revert back to the owner's families. Smallville used to be fun, now it's dark and boring - a lethal combination.

Comment

Smallville will have low friday night ratings, and high tivo-amazon-itunes ratings. People like the show. But I, for one, missed on Friday, because I have stuff to do then! I've been watching this show for years now, I'm definitely going to watch it, but Friday at 8 is horrendous timing.

Comment

That's terrible news, this is a message for the producers:
                1. Make him fly already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                And I'm talking about Clark!!!!!!!
                2. Get rid of Chloe!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                3. Make an interesting/fun storyline for next season, involving Lois and Clark as individuals (no couple)!
                These 3 things could be very helpful for the show, especially the first one.
                And +1 to the move to Sundays.

Comment

Hmm the days are getting longer, becoming spring/summer time, no more cold sitting in your house next to a fireplace/heater on friday night :P This along with it seems SV is the red-headed step child of the CW :P
                  Last edited by Cinge; 04-17-2010, 02:06 PM.

Comment

WWOOOWWWWWWW. the ratings are horrible. i love smallville, but i do think this is simply a result of show going on way past its prime.

Comment

Missed opportunities like this episode, (Brian was great in eppy two), and more useless Tess, Zod, and "is that really" Chloe. Even Clark wasn't good.
                      This is the type of eppy that makes me wonder Why? like to record or even watch at all.
                      Makes me long for Lana and angst, at least there was something to see.

Comment

There's always been a decline with viewership with Smallville and most shows on the CW in the latter half of the season... its too bad Smallville is shoved on Friday nights.

I mean Supernatural got 2.7 mill last Thursday and Smallville last year on Thursdays was bringing in upwards of 3.0 mill... Smallville is not doing too bad on Friday nights... Shows like Gossip Girl and 90210 that CW promotes the hell of out are doing way worse then Smallville and their not on Friday nights.

If it were all about ratings Smallville would have been canned back in Season 5.

Last edited by PrincessKent; 04-18-2010, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Well, the episode was great. Who cares about the ratings?

Comment

The ratings always go down in the 2nd half lately.....but what doesn't surprise me is that after last weeks crappy episode I understand why people are tuned out!!

Comment

1.84 million?

Uh-oh.

I don't believe the ratings went down for any reason other than the lack of The CW promoting the show. It isn't about how long the show has been around for, nor the things that have yet to happen.

Comment

It was pre-empted in AZ too guys.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎