Television Ratings for "Upgrade"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smallville is #1 on Amazon Video on Demand.

Comment

nice tidbit snow glad it hear at least as always its doing great on those itunes/amazon online dl sites. anyone know how its doing on itunes right now?
      Last edited by superspider02; 04-17-2010, 09:54 AM.

Comment

I was worried for a minute when I looked at my TV guide channel and it had the Mets game in place of Smallville! I realized I just had the wrong zip code in place. It was a great episode and I hope it gets close to a million in the final ratings.

Smallville always does well on Amazon and itunes!

Comment

yea it totally does great on the dl front and with dvr/tivo figures. Which are ratings stuff networks are looking more into these days. Though the live figures are always the main draw.

Comment

Smallville before it went on hiatus was doing well, Conspiracy left off with 2.54 million viewers. The viewership decline isn't surprising, its like that for other shows as well on the CW.

Smallville S9 *Final Rating

#1 Savior ~ *2.57mil. & Live+7= 3.39mil.

#2 Metallo ~ (P)*2.24mil. & Live+7= 3.03mil.

#3 Rabid ~ *2.28mil. & Live+7= 3.02mil.

#4 Echo ~ *2.59mil. & Live+7= 3.25mil.

#5 Roulette ~ *2.47mil. & Live+7= 3.14mil.

#6 Crossfire ~ (P)*2.42mil. & Live+7= 3.24mil.

#7 Kandor ~ *2.63mil.

#8 Idol ~ *2.68mil. & Live+7= 3.47mil.

#9 Pandora ~ (P)*2.42mil. & Live+7= 3.20mil.

#10 Disciple ~ *2.49mil. & Live+7= 3.07mil.

#11 & #12 Absolute Justice ~ *2.77mil. & Live+7= 3.48mil.

#13 Warrior ~ *2.48mil. & Live+7= 3.25mil.

#14 Persuasion ~ *2.44mil. & Live+7= 3.11mil.

#15 Conspiracy ~ *2.54mil & Live+7= 3.28mil.

#16 Escape ~ *2.13mil.

#17 Checkmate ~ *1.9mil.

(P)-denotes pre-empted episodes
            Last edited by PrincessKent; 04-17-2010, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Man that sucks thought it would be higher even no New York views!

Comment

Holy Smokes! I didn't realize Smallville got as low as 1.84 million viewers last night. That is terrible and it only got a 0.7 in the demos.

Time Net Show 18-49 Rating 18-49 Share Viewers Live+SD (Millons)

8:00 NBC Secrets of the Mountain (8-10p movie) 1.4 5 7.87

CBS Ghost Whisperer (repeat) 1.0 4 4.43

FOX House (repeat) 1.0 4 3.04

ABC Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution (repeat) 0.9 3 3.00

CW Smallville 0.7 3 1.84

9:00 ABC Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution 1.4 5 4.09

FOX Kitchen Nightmares (repeat?) 1.3 4 3.21

CBS Medium (repeat) 1.0 3 4.76

CW America’s Next Top Model (repeat) 0.6 2 1.56

10:00 ABC 20/20 1.4/1.5 5 5.53

CBS Miami Medical 1.2/1.3 4 6.67

NBC Dateline NBC 1.2 4 5.40

Comment

Is that 1.84 the official numbers for last night?

Comment

I have question, I had to work again friday nite and I didn't DVR, somehow someone mess with the settings to record and it didn't, so I purchased UPGRADE off Amazon. I notice someone said it is no. 1 on Amazon, the question, how does that play in the ratings or does it? If it doesn't I view it and paid 2.99, but was not counted. Does CW get a portion of that 2.99, if so do they take that into consideration?

I remember someone posted that Smallville is very popular in Mexico and Latin America, with viewer ship around 14 to 16 million a episode, is that true, and are they maintaining those numbers?

I know alot of questions but it would be a help in easing my concern for season ten, I want it to come about, I don't want it to be a last minute decision to cancel like Dollhouse on Fox, I want it go out with the biggest bang every it deserve a great send off and they could accomplish it with 22 episodes for season ten. Thanks for your help.
                    Last edited by fan of the man; 04-17-2010, 11:36 AM.

Comment

1.84, that is just embarassing! It almost got beaten by America's Next Top Model repeat...

Comment

The nielsen ratings are flawed, and I don't think the networks like CW just only look at ratings per say... they factor in alot of stuff.

Internet tv is huge, especially for a show like Smallville. And the nielsen ratings don't account those viewers from Apple/Itunes, Amazon, the networks own website that shows the full length episodes, etc etc.....

Nielsen ratings are a joke in my opinion... these tv companies should kill the system because its destroyed some good shows on tv like arrested development when it had a HUGE following.
                        Last edited by PrincessKent; 04-17-2010, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Even if they do take that into account, that applies to every show out there. And I cant see viewership increasing that much tbh, ratings and demos are still appaling.

Comment

If I were the CW I'd get rid of Friday nights entirely and take back Sunday nights. They should know (especially in Spring when it warms up) that their audience will not be staying home on Friday nights anymore. I think it's time they ditch it and pick back up Sunday. That's a night when everyone is home because they have work/school on Monday's and I think Smallville or another show could do well on that night compared to Friday's.

Comment

Although I'm gutted that the ratings have dropped again I'm glad I now won't have to see any more posts or tweets about how Chlollie is the reason for the drop in ratings

Will those baseball games that ppl were mentioning on the live thread impact the ratings?

Comment

I think we all need to remember what happened last season during Spring.

Remember how the last half of Season 8 started declining once March came around? Well, the same thing is happening, but this time -- we're seeing the decline on Friday night instead of Thursday. It's a different ballgame, and I'm sure The CW is aware that the numbers aren't going to be as strong as they were earlier in the season.

I don't think we should panic yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎