Television Ratings for "Upgrade"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, that's bad, but my guess a few pages back was 1.5 to 1.7 based on previous NYC preemptions.

For example

Oct 30 Identity....4.32 million
    Nov 06 Bloodline...4.46 million
    Nov 13 Abyss.......3.56 million (preempted in New York)

Notice how Abyss lost nearly a million viewers compared to the previous two episodes because it didn't air in NYC and that was during sweeps. And Upgrade was missing more than NYC, that's why the CW's coverage was only 86% instead of the usual 95%. With those statistics it's a miracle it got as many viewers as it did.

Thanks for the link to the screen time numbers, Supsfan. Looks like everyone got good screen time and Clark got the most by far.

Comment

• I think they should stop with the hiatus in march and just end SV season in April Instead of May. I know there's the whole May sweeps thing that they try to make sure the season lasts until then. But if you are a network that half your stations preemt for sports you might as well not even worry about sweeps because its counter productive IMO

Comment

• Originally posted by batfinx
        Notice how Abyss lost nearly a million viewers compared to the previous two episodes because it didn't air in NYC and that was during sweeps. And Upgrade was missing more than NYC, that's why the CW's coverage was only 86% instead of the usual 95%. With those statistics it's a miracle it got as many viewers as it did.
        Hard to say how much Abyss would have gotten with the NY audience. My guess is NY watches the show on a slightly better rate then the rest of US on average but I don't think it would have broken 4M to be honest with NY(though probably been close withing 100k either way)

Comment

• I normally try to look for the silver lining in a bad situation, but it's hard to find one. Could it be the faithful have turn off our belove show. I know the CW is not doing their part in promoting the show, but we could usually depend on the faithful 2 to 3 million faithfuls to be there week in and week out. I thought I would never see it drop below 2 million. I know as someone has said before that live viewing in this day time is not the same as it once was, a prime example is the nightly news on the major networks, at one time they were viewed by 80 percent of TV viewers at 6 to 7. Today their viewership is down to 15 percent. People are now getting their news via internet, Cable news, blogs, etc. I hope Smallville is doing well in the new media (internet downloads, dvr, ect).
          I really want Smallville to end on big bang, I want it to have it's greatest season every in it's last, but what has happen in the last couple episodes with the rating concern me greatly. I hope I am over reacting, I need some assurance that there still going to be a tenth despite the last couple episodes. Please Help.

Comment

• Originally posted by fan of the man
            I really want Smallville to end on big bang, I want it to have it's greatest season every in it's last, but what has happen in the last couple episodes with the rating concern me greatly. I hope I am over reacting, I need some assurance that there still going to be a tenth despite the last couple episodes. Please Help.
            Well you just have to look at the ratings for the rest fo the CW and see that SV isn't the only one to be below the 2M mark(only 3 of 10 shows where above 2M). Other then maybe Vampire Diaries and America's Top Next Model I don't see anything the CW can put on Friday nights that will do any better ratings wise, and considering those are it's 2 top shows I don't see them moving to Friday's anytime soon.

I have no clue what is up witht he CW in general. It used to be most shows got close to 3M and anything under that was bad, now it seems like 2M average for the season is the success meter. Considering the lack of effort the station puts into trying to make SV a success(crappy night, puts a repeat of a show that has no crossover audience after it, lack of promotion, etc) I don't think it's doing terrible when you compare it to what else the CW has to offer.
            Last edited by Supsfan; 04-21-2010, 02:35 AM.

Comment

• I think it's because cw messed up and put wrong promo lol fail.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎