No announcement yet.

If skinning is so painful...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If skinning is so painful...

wouldn't the sleeper-cell girlfriend of John May's stepson been crying when her claws broke through the cloned human skin on her fingers? Just a thought, hope they start explaining stuff like that soon. And on the same topic, where did Anna's human teeth go to when she stuck out her real teeth? That would have ripped her cloned mouth tissue a bit.

I'm sure the pain was brief. Maybe they have no nerves in their fingertips so that when they use their claws it doesn't hurt. As for Anna's fangs, you got me on that one. Where are they when they are not out???? Behind her eyes??? lol They are too long to be contained in her gums.

Comment

I think Anna must use Extra Strength Polydent, so her human dentures don't pop out when her lizard vampire fangs from hell pop out. Really, it's the only logical explanation. :-)

Comment

I think considering the Adreneline..if that's how you spell it...made her feel little of the pain.
        Actualy with Anna you could still see the human teeth, at least at the top.
        The real ones came out right behind the fake ones.
        But you gott to look REALLY close on a still pic to see the buttom of the teeth

Right between the upper lip and teeth, i'm certain that's the buttom of her human teeth

Comment

Indeed. See what a good grip she gets with the Extra Strength Polydent?!

Comment

Silly *pokes*
            I guess they are well attached to the cloned skin.
            It would have to be annoying attaching each tooth again if they come out so easy.
            And most likely be painful too

Comment

Looks like Photoshop CS5 is out, lol. Major warp tool!

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Meteror Freak
              Maybe they have no nerves in their fingertips so that when they use their claws it doesn't hurt.
              I don't buy that. The sleeper V's have been here for 10 or 20+ years. Nobody could survive embedded amongst humans for that long with no nerves in their fingers. Our finger nerves warn us when the bathtub is too hot, or a bowl of soup is too hot, etc. We'd badly burn our fingers without nerves or even get them chopped off in car doors, etc. if we didn't sense pain in them.

----- Added 9 Minutes later -----

Also, in the flashback, Ryan said to John May, "you've been wearing your human skin too long" so I think there has to be more to the cloned human skin than just a mask to look like us. If skinning is so painful, it has to somehow hurt the Vs badly. And perhaps this is why Anna needs humans aboard the ship. Maybe the V's need our skin because they have a horrible skin disease on their planet or maybe (in keeping with today's global warming and environmental fears) their ozone layer is gone and all their lizard skin has burned off and human skin protects their lizard skin so it can grow back... Remember in the original V, John said, "our planet is in serious environment difficulty".
              Last edited by resistorperish; 04-15-2010, 04:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Lizard Lover
                I think considering the Adreneline..if that's how you spell it...made her feel little of the pain.
                Actualy with Anna you could still see the human teeth, at least at the top.
                The real ones came out right behind the fake ones.
                But you gott to look REALLY close on a still pic to see the buttom of the teeth

Right between the upper lip and teeth, i'm certain that's the buttom of her human teeth
                Good lord...she looks like Satan in a wig. LOL

Anyway, I don't think we've got a full picture on what "skinning" entails. We're assuming that the process only includes removing the cloned skin. But who's to say that "skinning" doesn't actually involve removing ALL epidermis for the Vistiors? I'm talking ripping off both the clone human stuff AND their true reptillian scaly flesh?

Now that would hurt.

Comment

There are 2 things to consider:
                  1) As Lightning just pointed out, "skinning" probably involves more than just the cloned skin.

2) The human skin is more like a very sophisticated space suit. Living in normal human air without it might not be a very pleasant thing for Vs.

We really don't know for sure how the skin suit works or the extent of its bond to the person wearing it. We can't be sure, for example, how it transmits tactile sensation to the wearer or if the entire skin can do so. We don't know how it's put on or what holds it properly in place. We don't know if its blood supply mingles (maybe through IV-like tubes or artificial vessels) with the wearer's blood supply.

It does appear that when the suit is damaged it doesn't hurt.

Whatever "skinning" actually is, it's pretty certainly fatal.

Comment

Skinning didn't go over well in the Hellraiser franchise.

Comment

Oh… I thought the skinning was of the reptilian skin????

Comment

I believe it is both skins.
                        First the human skin, then the reptilian one
                        Considering some of the blades Joshua used had saws on...kind of what you would need for reptilian skin

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎