No announcement yet.

Desmond the "New" Jacob

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desmond the "New" Jacob

Though it was a Hurley-centric episode, AU Desmond's visits were reminiscent of Jacob's visits with the castaways. He didn't exactly touch Hurley, but it almost seemed like he manipulated Hugo into visiting Libby. And then there was the whole running over Locke...the man can't get a break. And assuming he'll go to the rest of them, what's so going to happen to them?

hmm could be desmond is ment to be the new jacob. perhaps it explains how jacob could always be around but instead of the flashing with the electromagents he was able to do it thru the looking glass. like it was jacobs reflection doing the work like desmonds "reflection" doing the work.

Comment

I was also wondering how he knew where they were and who they were, when he never met them?

Comment

He got the flight manifest. And like Penny said back in season 2, with enough money and determination, you can find just about anyone. Desmond's got a lot of money and a lot of determination to make everyone in the flash-sideways see they're living an alternate life.

Comment

Well, is Desmond going to gather them together in the AU???

Comment

I'm wondering aout that, too. But I still can't get over the scene in which he runs over Locke. Is it his way of making Locke remember who he really is? Or is he preventing Locke from doing something bad (which we don't really know about)?

Comment

Originally posted by GuardianAngel
              I'm wondering aout that, too. But I still can't get over the scene in which he runs over Locke. Is it his way of making Locke remember who he really is? Or is he preventing Locke from doing something bad (which we don't really know about)?
              I've been thinking this too. Running somebody down with a car is a really drastic way to jog somebody's memory. Alternate time line or not. If Desmond knows about both time lines is it safe to guess that he knows Locke's fate and advanced the story a bit by trying to kill him? What I'm trying to wrap my head around is if he is trying to prevent something from happening or make something happen. Could this in some way stop Esau/Smoky/Locke's plan to leave the island? I have no idea.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎