Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally answers to the whispers.......

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally answers to the whispers.......

well we got atleast one big reveal. the whispers are ghosts of those who have diedand havent moved on. i pretty much assumed that to begin with but nice for the confirmation

I don't get it. If Miles and Hurley are special because they can talk to dead people, then does that make everyone special because they can hear the dead people? But honestly, there really wasn't any other reasonable explanation then what they gave us.

Comment

well i think its more like living in a haunted house. normal people can see and sense them and what not but just random dead people who have moved on can only be talked to by certian people. perhaps not everyone on the island who is dead hasnt moved on and maybe some have.

Comment

This could also tie into Miles. If he was born on the island, maybe that's why he has the power to talk to dead people because he hears them all the time on the island.

Comment

I wasn't a fan of the explanation at all. I would've made it something cooler, like "voices from the other side" (the AU), or "echoes from the past/previous timeline" given all the time travel and the possibility of causal loops (ie. that the same things keep happening over and over -- Star Trek TNG did the echo thing in an ep where the ship kept blowing up over and over). The "dead people not moving on" thing is really quite lame. Thanks for dropping the ball on one of the long-running mysteries, show. Let's hope you don't blow more of them. That said, maybe they're doing something where dead people exist in another plane or dimension or universe and so it's not really a "supernatural" thing (my hope). And the island, perhaps existing somewhat out of time or space or whatever, acts as a sort of middle ground and connects everything together (just like the Force binding everything together on Star Wars or some nonsense like that). heh

Obi-Wan Jacobi should tell Hurley to "use the Force" at a very critical moment, and then Hurley would just blow a huge fart. "That's NOT what I meant goddammit" Jacob would say before passing out. Hurley would then go nuts and start blowing farts in everyone's faces. "Hey Jack, fix THIS!" Hurley would laugh. And so would we, my friends. So would we.
          Last edited by Xanderman; 04-14-2010, 08:13 PM.

Comment

So does this mean in Season 4 Episode 6 "The Other Women" when Juliet and Jack were trying to find Charolette and Daniel before they got to the Chemical plant thingy, that Woman (Goodwins wife) that showed up to tell Juliet where to go was dead? There were whispers before she magically appeared in the Jungle, and she said Ben sent her. But Ben was locked in a basement. Although, they never made it clear that she was dead either.

Hmmmmmmmmm

Comment

Not a fan of the answer either.. As this plays out it looks like my 1st of 1000 theories was just about right.. Trapped souls sounds like purgatory to me, and as a known fact that Damon & Carlton said that the island was NOT purgatory/hell/limbo or any other word u want to use, back in season 2... It (at the moment) has me a little bummed with the writers...

Take a look back at season 2.. This season has just about canceled out season 2's main mysteries... Why the hell are the candidates the specific #'s for the DI and their computer?? How does this tie in where were at now, and with what we know about the #'s and Jacob...? Ohh well, getting off track a little.. But, in 04' if u would have asked me what my theory was on the whispers and the island, my response would have been almost exactly what were seeing..

Walt appearing soaking wet after the whispers??? Is he dead and trapped too, and for what...? Killing birds? And Michael wasn't on the island when he died.. Yeah he was on the freighter but, the freighter didn't travel with the island... Remember Dan in the zodiac raft? They had to go back cause it disappeared... Which led to Dan saying they (in the zodiac) must have been in the radius... And Sawyer pointing out the freighter was just gone a second after coughing up black smoke... IDK these answers are just out to please the masses and kids.. So it don't go right over their heads...

I will say tho in Michael's case maybe it was cause the murders he committed, on island..?
              Last edited by McFly; 04-16-2010, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MannaBanana
                So does this mean in Season 4 Episode 6 "The Other Women" when Juliet and Jack were trying to find Charolette and Daniel before they got to the Chemical plant thingy, that Woman (Goodwins wife) that showed up to tell Juliet where to go was dead? There were whispers before she magically appeared in the Jungle, and she said Ben sent her. But Ben was locked in a basement. Although, they never made it clear that she was dead either.

Hmmmmmmmmm
                unless it was smokey since it seems smokey wanted the island destroyed but that plan didnt work.

Comment

Originally posted by superhippie2000
                  unless it was smokey since it seems smokey wanted the island destroyed but that plan didnt work.
                  Its these LITTLE details that im affraid we wont get answers to!

*sigh* ...... but...... *fingers crossed*

Comment

Originally posted by McFly
                    Why the hell are the candidates the specific #'s for the DI and their computer?? How does this tie in where were at now, and with what we know about the #'s and Jacob...?
                    Per wiki the #'s apparently tie in to some equation scientists used to predict when mankind would destroy itself or something. Why these numbers are connected to specific people doesn't seem to make a lot of sense though... unless they're doing something like everything in the universe can be brought down to a mathematical equation type idea, and so variables/numbers in certain equations can refer to specific people/lifeforms in said universe. Who knows. Jacob/the island might be some sort of AI or advanced computer from the future? And Smokey making those funny, somewhat mechanical sounds might point to his smoke form being some sort of mechanical creation? The island is a living spaceship, from the future, from another dimension. Makes perfect sense when you think about it....lol j/k

Walt appearing soaking wet after the whispers??? Is he dead and trapped too, and for what...? Killing birds?
                    He never died though did he....so maybe Walt is just special and able to communicate as if he were a ghost, but isn't. Walt has super powers....

And Michael wasn't on the island when he died.. Yeah he was on the freighter but, the freighter didn't travel with the island...
                    Christian also wasn't on the island when he died, although his body was brought there.... I'm guessing it doesn't matter where a person dies, as long as they have a connection to the living people, the losties, etc, who are on the island.

I will say tho in Michael's case maybe it was cause the murders he committed, on island..
                    Possibly...but again, Christian's ghost was on the island too and he had nothing to do with the island until his rotting carcass was brought on to it. lol But that might have been MIB in disguise or Jacob or something right so I don't know....

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎