Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Teenager + beer = What was Dean thinking?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teenager + beer = What was Dean thinking?

I don't know if that was mean't to be funny or serious? Dean gives a teenager a beer and seconds later the kid's dead. Dean's reaction sold it guess that's the last time he'll give a teenager a beer. But if you ask me Dean was stupid 'don't tell your parents'. Even it he lived he wouldn't have to cause they'd smell it on his breath.

Well he deserved one...he killed demons..sure, it was all a trick by the whore, but still, to them, the kid killed demons.

Comment

true I thought it was Kripke's way of throwing in one of the old classic rules. 'if you do under-age drinking you die' from horror movies. Only in this case before he even has a chance to taste his beer he's killed.

Comment

Personally, I see it as more along the lines of Dean not caring about soceity's laws. The kid fought demons and survived. If I were Dean, I would of done the same thing. I mean, how would it of sounded (with everything we've seen/heard Dean do) if he would of said "sorry kiddo, not old enough yet."

As for his "reaction"...it was because mere moments after the kid was left with him he gets killed.

Comment

Dean was probably thinking: a) most likely not the kids first beer, and by the kids reaction I don't think it was, and b) There's a decent chance this kid's going to be dead within a year.

Say what you will about underage drinking, but one beer will not get the kid hammered, or even mildly drunk. Plus, the kid still would've been taken if it were just Sam and Dean having a cold one.

Comment

I took the scene as sort an "older brother-figure giving younger brother-figure a cold one". It was like most of you have stated, the kid fought nasty demons and they were celebrating, even if short-lived.

Comment

I didn't see the big deal in it. Like others have said, if it was the Apocalypse & you knew it was, you wouldn't really care about laws---not that Dean really follows most of them anyway. And a couple hundred years ago, it was legal for kids much younger than him to be drinking. He was obviously a responsible kid too, so there was no harm done. The beer isn't what killed him.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎