Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matrixville, New apporoach????

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, total lurker here. I just had to add that my little comic book geek heart has never been happier with a Smallville action scene. It does remind me of the intro to Watchmen but I still think it's very creative .

I love Clois and I actually liked Clana at times, but SV has always been a bit too melodrama heavy for me. So I never really loved this show until the last two seasons. With these scenes, Absolute Justice and the laundry-list of DC-canon guest stars, it feels like SV is finally getting serious about its roots. I keep seeing people on the boards saying, "Superman would never do that!", followed by rebuffs with actual examples from the comic books. It's like, now that SV's finally making Clark man up the fans who never read the books are just confused. They keep expecting SV Clark to mope, which I find a little sad. But it is comforting to see that the writers are finally (and, well, slowly) giving him a spine.

Originally posted by jayesse8
    I liked the visual tableau of the GA leap ... very comic-book frame-ish.
    Good point about the Green Arrow leap. I just re-watched and totally agree .

Jazzylg, you're right, the efx crew has really stepped it up this season. And WickedSusi, I love your avatar.

Comment

Originally posted by luciddreams
      Hi, total lurker here. I just had to add that my little comic book geek heart has never been happier with a Smallville action scene. It does remind me of the intro to Watchmen but I still think it's very creative .

Good point about the Green Arrow leap. I just re-watched and totally agree.
      Thank you, I thought it was rather stunning ... and I do really appreciate the graphic novel and cinematic homages in this episode. Very well done.

Comment

Yea I love the slow motion effects. The intro of this episode reminded me of the Watchmen and the scene where clark saves chole had that comic style to it. Which I think they should have done that a long time ago in this show. I just want to see another Justice League episode already with EVERYONE!

Comment

I didn't like it... I like the action of the fight scenes and this just seemed like freeze frames.

Comment

Way too much slow motion. It can work well but most don't seem to know how to do it. Just give me a fight scene with no fancy camera work angles or special effects for once.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎