No announcement yet.

Matrixville, New apporoach????

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrixville, New apporoach????

Well tonight was back to the action scenes at least with this episode and a little change sprung up AKA MATRIXVILLE.

With all the budgeting and changes that has happen on Smallville, this was actually refreshing to see the new slow motion fight scenes and of course with TW wearing the black, it brought back the Matrix memory. Even though this has been done in other fight movies/shows, for some reason it made me feel like this should of been done a long time ago in Smallville, as like in Smallville should of started this trend. But for me it seem to like bring you even closer to Clark using his powers, it also gives it that comic book feel, and it wasn't cheesy.

So congrats to maybe a new idea with the Smallville way of fighting with also the new flash scene slow motion matrix type of mixture.

Did you guys like it?
    Last edited by Promise; 04-10-2010, 06:59 AM.

ITA; this method not only looks totally cool, but it allows us to get longer, more FX heavy, and better fight scenes.

I also think they should have done this a long time ago. It worked wonders for AJ, and it will probably enable a powers heavy fight in Salvation that would not otherwise be possible; thus avoiding a repeat of Doomsday.

It really gives the fights an awesome live action, yet comic booky feel at the same time. Kudos to the person who came up with this idea.

Comment

I liked the fight scene with Clark at the Castle, where they would freeze the frame. That was pretty cool. I didn't like the slow-mo Tess fight at the beginning, though. I thought that was just cheesy.

Comment

I think the effect was over used.

Comment

More like Watchman effects. There is no need for Tess to have slow motion action fights.

Comment

That was probably my favourite scene to date in Smallville. I loved the slow stop motion scene.

Comment

awesome i loved it.

Comment

I loved the styling of that save at the end! It really had the feel of looking at comic book panels and showing how quickly Clark was moving through the room - but it really only worked because we had the strobing of overhead lights due to the power failure at Castle - so each "shot" and new camera angle was for the duration of the lights blinking on. I really wouldn't mind if they continue this effect again in the future, but having that little set-up of the lights flickering made the effect seem logical. Kudos to the director & cinematographer for how this episode was shot.

Comment

I thought the Tess scene at the beginning went a little overboard, but overall I loved the intro. And the "comic book fight" at the end? Pure awesome.

Comment

Yes, I must say...i did enjoy the whole slow-mo/freeze frames! Better look to the action sequence.

Comment

My fav was the shot of Green Arrow leaping between the buildings along the night skyline - very cool.

Comment

I must be the only one who didn't enjoy it, the beginning scene and this seemed to corny

You can really see how there budget has been cut so they can only use Freeze Frames with slight animations, even if it did look cool
                        I did enjoy CK and Chloe looking at each other then disappearing, that gives it a more dark/Batman-esque look

Comment

Originally posted by Promise
                          Well tonight was back to the action scenes at least with this episode and a little change sprung up AKA MATRIXVILLE.

With all the budgeting and changes that has happen on Smallville, this was actually refreshing to see the new slow motion fight scenes and of course with TW wearing the black, it brought back the Matrix memory. Even though this has been done in other fight movies/shows, for some reason it made me feel like this should of been done a long time ago in Smallville, as like in Smallville should of started this trend. But for me it seem to like bring you even closer to Clark using his powers, it also gives it that comic book feel, and it wasn't cheesy.

So congrats to maybe a new idea with the Smallville way of fighting with also the new flash scene slow motion matrix type of mixture.

Did you guys like it?
                          I love it ! They should do that more often !

Comment

Originally posted by LilMo
                            I must be the only one who didn't enjoy it, the beginning scene and this seemed to corny

You can really see how there budget has been cut so they can only use Freeze Frames with slight animations, even if it did look cool
                            I did enjoy CK and Chloe looking at each other then disappearing, that gives it a more dark/Batman-esque look
                            I liked the visual tableau of the GA leap ... very comic-book frame-ish.

Did not care for the elementary / rudimentary strobe-light save, but I did like the disappearance of CK and Chloe, as you point out. That emphasized the unspoken, "I'm here for you now" importance of the save.

Comment

I loved the fight at the Castle with Clark and check mate. I thought the effect there was very cool

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎