No announcement yet.

You Know What's Sad?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You Know What's Sad?

Tonight, the Martian Manhunter was the hero Clark should be. I love MM, especially the version Phil Morris plays. I have always secretly wished he would get more respect from the writers by letting him really show off his powers.

Tonight, he did. Not only that, he did it intelligently. He acted like Superman acts- uses his brain to solve issues, to get out of jams, and his brawn only when necessary. On the flip-side; we got a Clark who decided to manhandle Tess again (in a very Batman-ish fashion), ran head first into a situation with Waller without thinking, and basically swept all the negative things Chloe has done since Season 8 under the rug by apologizing to her. She should be apologizing to him. The only thing he has to be ashamed of is not working more as a team player, but even that is questionable since the team did back-stab him in "Doomsday."

Since we are getting a Season 10, sign-up Phil Morris to play Jon-Jonzz full-time. Maybe then he can show Clark a thing or two about being the "symbol" he aims to be.

I thought the same thing. I think they both should have been on a joint mission where they came up with a plan & acted on it. Instead we got Clark being left in the dark again.

Comment

Originally posted by Supes4Ever
      Tonight, the Martian Manhunter was the hero Clark should be. I love MM, especially the version Phil Morris plays. I have always secretly wished he would get more respect from the writers by letting him really show off his powers.

Tonight, he did. Not only that, he did it intelligently. He acted like Superman acts- uses his brain to solve issues, to get out of jams, and his brawn only when necessary. On the flip-side; we got a Clark who decided to manhandle Tess again (in a very Batman-ish fashion), ran head first into a situation with Waller without thinking, and basically swept all the negative things Chloe has done since Season 8 under the rug by apologizing to her. She should be apologizing to him. The only thing he has to be ashamed of is not working more as a team player, but even that is questionable since the team did back-stab him in "Doomsday."

Since we are getting a Season 10, sign-up Phil Morris to play Jon-Jonzz full-time. Maybe then he can show Clark a thing or two about being the "symbol" he aims to be.
      QFT

Comment

Yeah, I don't understand. Why would MM keep Clark in the dark with what's going on? Instead we see Clark manhandle Tess to force information out of her.

Comment

MM sees himself as a protector of Clark, and I don't think it is too much of a stretch to think he sees himself as a mentor. If he felt the situation was too big to handle for Clark, I can understand why he kept him in the dark. He turned out to be right, because in the end he pretty much saved the day, while Clark almost screwed the pooch on the whole proto-JLA operation. What made less sense to me, is why Clark suddenly stopped trusting him. This is the same man (well alien) that gave up his powers to save you, and whom you have said you respect.

Comment

The original post is very thoughtful and right on point. I do not have a problem with MM coming off as a hero because unlike certain others coughyouknowhowcough he actually has the strength and ability to be a hero and someone we can look up to. Everything he did, Clark could have done if he wasn't so stupid and thinking so much with his fist. MM swept everyone off the board with his mind and actually using it! Clark really did piss me off with his whole, ooogabooga cave man routine. "Me mad...you suffa"

Comment

+1
              MM was 10x times more heroic than Clark, and that's disturbing.

Comment

Yeah, at one point it was embarrasing. They spent the whole season's budget on a guest star and the only special effect we get for Clark is a whossing sound.

It was also sad to see Clark apologizing to Chloe a second time. We know why she was so resentful, we heard him acknowlede his mistake to her and apologize but we didn't hear her saying a word about what she did last year that left him so hearbroken and disappointed of himself. Because Chloe's actions of last season not only got Jimmy killed but made Clark lose his fait in himself and she never said 'I'm sorry' for that. Sometimes I feel that the writers hate Clark.

Comment

Does CK have MM powers? No, does he have his intelligence after MM's age and what he's been through? No
                  Also, CK didn't have any knowledge on Checkmate, probably wouldn't be able to. Whist MM did, MM had been working on Checkmate for a while
                  So you can't really compare

Comment

You see Clark Kent on Smallville only has the power of strength and has no intellect whatsoever.
                    Clark can't be a hero on this show when up against MM because he doesn't have telepathy or the ability to fly. So let's just turn him into Bizarro and have him throw things around a big.

----- Added 39 Seconds later -----

Originally posted by jaksfreak91
                    +1
                    MM was 10x times more heroic than Clark, and that's disturbing.
                    So who's ready to start a letter writing campaign to turn this into the Martian Manhunter show.
                    Last edited by Dyanara; 04-10-2010, 11:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by LilMo
                      Does CK have MM powers? No, does he have his intelligence after MM's age and what he's been through? No
                      Also, CK didn't have any knowledge on Checkmate, probably wouldn't be able to. Whist MM did, MM had been working on Checkmate for a while
                      So you can't really compare
                      You know need MM's powers to do the right thing.
                      Reason that Clark doesn't have his power to the 100th power is because he still uses his human feelings...which MM don't.

Bravo! for MM the true hero of the episode.

Comment

True, J'onn J'onnz was more of a hero than Clark in this episode. But that doesn't make Clark less of a hero. Sure, I wasn't Crazy about Clark manhandling Tess again, but I don't think that it was wrong of him to do so. Sure, it wasn't very Superman-like of him to do, but he is going through his "Dark-Knight" phase right now, so that's to be expected.

Comment

You Know What's Sad?

Yeah, I do...................once again we see someone fly on SV, and it ain't Clark!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jpfort1957
                            Yeah, I do...................once again we see someone fly on SV, and it ain't Clark!!!!!!
                            LoL whose keeping count on this stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by jpfort1957
                              Actually we do see him fly, but not close up.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎