This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

clark's were fine as usual to me.

Comment

I loved the comic book feel to the action scenes...

Comment

I love the Chloe save. Very comic book inspired.

Comment

Originally posted by WhoRU?
          I love the Chloe save. Very comic book inspired.
          i would definitely agree. this scene is one of the coolest in smallville history

Comment

Originally posted by gerber
            i would definitely agree. This scene is one of the coolest in smallville history
            word.

Comment

Some great effects tonight. Martian Manhunter's powers looked really cool, and when Clark saved Chloe was awesome. The castle shot was pretty cool but man, they should never use that shot of Luthorcorp ever again, looks awful. And another thing that I really hate is the overuse of slow motion, the opening scene with Tess looked so damn cheesy.

Comment

J'onn J'onnz was incredible! Finally, they are actually making use of his powers! I was wondering if we would ever see him use telepathy and shape-shifting. Outstanding. Both powers were used well.

I also loved the scene where Clark saved Chloe. It gave you the feel of comic-book action. That was something we've never seen before on Smallville. Kudos to whoever came up with that idea. Brilliant.

Comment

I was very impressed by the SF in Checkmate! I think it had something to do with the new director or something....

Comment

MM's stuff was awesome. Glad they're using his whole phasing green effect that they made in Absolute Justice well. Very cool. The Clark rescuing Chloe scene was also pretty awesome.

Comment

Epic. Best this season. Seamless. Finally, a really great effects heavy episode.

Comment

i think this was really well directed especially for an action program.it makes me want to see what else this director has done (i havent looked up who directed this epiusode as of this writing)

Comment

I loved the special effects, it was amazing !
                          I loved too, the beginning of the episode with Tess.

Comment

No complaints here. I thought all the special effects and camera work was very well done. Clark saving Chloe and Martian Manhunter powers were my favorites.

Comment

special effects

after watching "checkmate" I had to see it again. Clark looks like he's going to have to choose to save Watchtower or pledge his loyalties to Checkmate... well it looks like it was only Clark in "mate" rather than checkmake. The main power goes down, Clark hears in the distance, with his obviously matured hearing ability, the gunman's voice where he's about to fire his 9mm and kill Watchtower. Clark, blurs in to the room where the gunman's finger is pulling the trigger, Clark obviously knowing how much time he has before the round from the 9mm will reach Chloe, moves around the room disarming every single threat before reaching out to catch the bullet in his bare hand... simply unbelievable!! I think that this episode may have made me love Smallville all over again.

Comment

Great action sequences in this epi....I was happy even though I was missing Lo Lo

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎