No announcement yet.

Finally we get to see more of Martian Manhunter's powers

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally we get to see more of Martian Manhunter's powers

I was glad we finally got to see J'onn J'onzz use his shapeshifting & telepathic powers. I knew that it was him as Waller when they showed Waller in that flame trap.

How many powers does he have? I loved them in this episode but how can he have so many, even more that clark.

Comment

mind-reading: he removed Amanda Waller's memory, He read the mind of a few people
      He flew
      Martian Manhunter shape shift into Amanda Waller which is the 3rd time I think
      Static where we saw him in his true form hiden in the shadow, Justice and Doom which is on you tube(We saw his true form but I'm not sure if it's conunity or not), Absolute Justice show John transformed into Martian Manhunter
      I think he had super stregnth and that's all I remember It showed he was weak to fire but not like
      and I was glad I was wrong that Martian Manhunter didn't died(especially since he died in Final Crisis and came back to life in Blackest Night#8 along with Aquaman, Bart Allen, Max Lord, etc)

The Martian Manhunter's adventures were of a clandestine nature. As Jones, he would investigate crimes like any other cop. But when police work wasn't good enough to stop the bad guys, or if there was a menace a badge and a gun just couldn't handle (such as an alien invasion or a mad scientist), he would shift into his Martian form and use his powers to wrap things up.
      J'onn's exploits in his Martian form were not known to the public and only a few criminals would see this strange green creature attack them before they were knocked out. And a lot of the time, J'onn would simply make himself invisible so as not to be found out.

One of the Martian Manhunter's signature traits is his vulnerability to flame. Although it has been an element of the character since his earliest appearances, writers have depicted it with great inconsistency throughout the character's long career. In some instances, it is portrayed as a physical susceptibility inherent to the Martian race, while at other times it has been explained as a personal psychosomatic disorder[citation needed]. The degree of vulnerability has also been wildly inconsistent, in some cases capable of stripping away his powers and killing him, while at other times simply inflicting pain or delirium with no actual danger of physical harm[volume & issue needed]. This weakness has been diminished or cured on more than one occasion, only to have it return with a vengeance in a later story[volume & issue needed]. Thus, it is difficult to define.
      Last edited by ironman29758; 04-09-2010, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Clark and him I think equal each other out.

Comment

Was that Smallville's interpretation of Martian Vision we saw him using tonight?

Comment

Comment

Glorious. Just... glorious. Just when I thought I couldn't love him more. So many awesome moments I can't choose my favorite. And then what he said to Clark at the end about being an ambassador. I adore MM.

Comment

He has more and much cooler powers than Clark, doesn't he?

Comment

Finally MM gets to be MM on SV.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
                    I was glad we finally got to see J'onn J'onzz use his shapeshifting & telepathic powers. I knew that it was him as Waller when they showed Waller in that flame trap.
                    Yeah that was great. I'm glad we got to see the phase shifting back in Absolute Justice as well. Although I would look to see him actually walk through a wall or something. And yeah I figured it was him too.

Comment

Yeah, too much of them. I like to see Clark's powers.

----- Added 51 Seconds later -----

Originally posted by Bizarrolover
                      He has more and much cooler powers than Clark, doesn't he?
                      Definitely not. And the fact they showed his powers several times was not needed.
                      Last edited by curiosity; 04-09-2010, 10:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

They did well with MM, utilized him to his full potential, thought his scenes were fantastic. Perhaps that's the problem, after nine season why are the still progressing at the rate of a turtle?

Comment

it was totally great to see mm in full action tonight. besides aj this is the most we seen of john using his powers in the show. Plus it was great to see martian heat vision, telephy, shapeshifting, and all the other cool powers of his.

Comment

He's finally showing that he's the MARTIAN MANHUNTER! I'm so happy...

Comment

Question: I've never really gotten a straight definition on this...what exactly does Martian Vision do? All I know is, it looked awesome.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎