No announcement yet.

So why does Des need the manifest??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So why does Des need the manifest??

I hope he doesn't have to put everyone thru a near death experience to "feel" it... Maybe he just needs to round them up, but these worlds/timelines are merging..

i have a feeling he has to kill them all or maybeget them on the ajira flight.

Comment

I got the impression that he wants them to know that they're connected to each other. That in whatever reality they will always be drawn to each other.

Comment

Hey they are all ending up at the hospital????

Comment

ya seems that way.

Comment

True... They probably will all end up some there for some reason or another. Locke may be headed there to check into his spinal surgery. Jack's already there working. Charlie's there (maybe). Claire's there because of her pregnancy. Jin is bringing Sun there after she got shot. I'm not sure about the others, but I wouldn't be shocked if something happened to Kate or Miles while Sawyer is bringing her back to the police station or wherever, and they have to take one of them to the hospital. Juliet will probably be there two working as a doctor, if my guess is accurate. I think Desmond does just want to round them up to figure out if his suspicious are true. I doubt he'd kill them all, but who knows on this show?!

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
              I got the impression that he wants them to know that they're connected to each other. That in whatever reality they will always be drawn to each other.
              That is the same thing I thought.

Comment

I just got the sense that Desmond wants the manifest so he can convince all of them that they are living an alternate life.

Comment

Well he probably has an idea that there are others on that flight which has that same feeling of belonging somewhere else. Once he round them up he can determine what has happen in the other "flash life" and perhaps understand what to do in this sideway life that needs to be done. Maybe he had to save the world from the MIB. I have a strange feeling that this flash sideway world is created by MIB to prevent them from stopping MIB from destroying their world when they realise that they have been duped. This flash sideway world is like the Matrix to them.

Comment

Yeah Des is the go between both realities.. Good thing they'll all be at the hospital... "See you in another life, brotha... Has a new meaning now..

Comment

Originally posted by McFly
                      Yeah Des is the go between both realities.
                      Right, Desmond is basically going to be able to "coordinate" things between universes. Very similar to All Good Things (the series finale to Star Trek TNG) in which Picard was coexisting in 3 different time periods, allowing him to prevent the end of mankind (which was all Q's doing to begin with of course). Desmond's middle name must be Jean-Luc. heh And Jacob/the Island are basically playing the part of Q here. Q was all about "the limitless possibilities of existence", and Jacob is a "possibilities" guy himself. Q was basically trying to get the best out of humanity/Picard, and Jacob, who is trying to prove Smokey wrong about mankind, is pretty much after the same thing.

Speaking of All Good Things, back when bearded wacko Jacko was crying and screaming about having to go back to Kate ("We have to go BACK!"), very similar to crazy old Picard screaming at Riker "We have to save humanity" now that I think about it. Very similar indeed.

Originally posted by WhoRU?
                      This flash sideway world is like the Matrix to them.
                      On the next episode of Lost...

Desmond: I know why you're here, brotha. I know what you've been doing... why you hardly sleep, why you live alone, and why night after night, you sit by your computer. You're looking for him (Jacob). I know because I was once looking for the same thing. And when he found me, he told me I wasn't really looking for him. I was looking for an answer. It's the question that drives us, brotha. It's the question that brought you here. You know the question, just as I did.

Jack: What is the Island...

Jacob: Unfortunately, no one can be told what the Island is. You have to see it for yourself.

Linus: All I do is what he (Jacob) tells me to do. If I have to choose between that and the Island -- I choose the Island.

MIB: I hate this island. This zoo. This prison. This reality, whatever you want to call it, I can't stand it any longer. It's the smell, if there is such a thing. I feel saturated by it. I can taste your stink and every time I do, I fear that I've somehow been infected by it.

Desmond: Whoa, brotha. Whoa.

MIB: I'm going to enjoy watching you die, Mr. Desmondson.

(later)

MIB: I killed you, Mr. Desmondson. I watched you die, and with a certain satisfaction, I might add. And then something happened. Something that I knew was impossible, but it happened anyway. You destroyed me, Mr. Desmondson. Afterward, I knew the rules, I understood what I was supposed to do, but I didn't. I couldn't. I was compelled to stay. Compelled to disobey. And now here I stand because of you, Mr. Desmondson. Because of you, I'm no longer an agent of this Island. Because of you, I'm changed, unplugged, a new man, so to speak, like you, apparently free.

Last edited by Xanderman; 04-07-2010, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderman
                        Right, Desmond is basically going to be able to "coordinate" things between universes. Very similar to All Good Things (the series finale to Star Trek TNG) in which Picard was coexisting in 3 different time periods, allowing him to prevent the end of mankind (which was all Q's doing to begin with of course). Desmond's middle name must be Jean-Luc. heh And Jacob/the Island are basically playing the part of Q here. Q was all about "the limitless possibilities of existence", and Jacob is a "possibilities" guy himself. Q was basically trying to get the best out of humanity/Picard, and Jacob, who is trying to prove Smokey wrong about mankind, is pretty much after the same thing.

Speaking of All Good Things, back when bearded wacko Jacko was crying and screaming about having to go back to Kate ("We have to go BACK!"), very similar to crazy old Picard screaming at Riker "We have to save humanity" now that I think about it. Very similar indeed.

On the next episode of Lost...

Desmond: I know why you're here, brotha. I know what you've been doing... why you hardly sleep, why you live alone, and why night after night, you sit by your computer. You're looking for him (Jacob). I know because I was once looking for the same thing. And when he found me, he told me I wasn't really looking for him. I was looking for an answer. It's the question that drives us, brotha. It's the question that brought you here. You know the question, just as I did.

Jack: What is the Island...

Jacob: Unfortunately, no one can be told what the Island is. You have to see it for yourself.

Linus: All I do is what he (Jacob) tells me to do. If I have to choose between that and the Island -- I choose the Island.

MIB: I hate this island. This zoo. This prison. This reality, whatever you want to call it, I can't stand it any longer. It's the smell, if there is such a thing. I feel saturated by it. I can taste your stink and every time I do, I fear that I've somehow been infected by it.

Desmond: Whoa, brotha. Whoa.

MIB: I'm going to enjoy watching you die, Mr. Desmondson.

(later)

MIB: I killed you, Mr. Desmondson. I watched you die, and with a certain satisfaction, I might add. And then something happened. Something that I knew was impossible, but it happened anyway. You destroyed me, Mr. Desmondson. Afterward, I knew the rules, I understood what I was supposed to do, but I didn't. I couldn't. I was compelled to stay. Compelled to disobey. And now here I stand because of you, Mr. Desmondson. Because of you, I'm no longer an agent of this Island. Because of you, I'm changed, unplugged, a new man, so to speak, like you, apparently free.

Yup, that episode really did go matrix on me for sure. Glad that I was not the only who thought of the same scripted lines.

Comment

I wonder how Ben will play into that then...obviously he wasn't on the flight.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎