Television Ratings for "Escape"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nah, it's up in the demo and that's what still matters.

I'm surprised it actually went up.

I think the real test will be next week. And hopefully they air some promos about it, b/c it looks like a really good, pivotal episode.

Comment

• Unfortunately "Checkmate" is going to be preempted in Chicago!

Comment

• ^^

Oh well. Perhaps it'll still do what other pre-empted episodes have done then.

Comment

• 2.127 million is pretty good actually. I've been waiting for the Spring ratings drop all season and "the sky is falling" posts that were sure to follow. Sure enough- ratings have dropped in the Spring, like they have for the last eight years and sure enough they were "the sky is falling" posts. Comparing this years' Spring drop to last years' (that was 'Requiem' to 'Infamous') is very in-line with what happened when SV came back in '09. I'm sure, during this Spring ratings drop, that we will have episodes that dip below the 2 million mark and although that will bother me it won't really shake me up at all. To me: ratings are always a means to an end, the end being more episodes of the show I like. In that regard S9's ratings have already achieved what they needed to do...it got S10.
          Last edited by badraven; 04-06-2010, 03:13 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hellokitty
            ^^

Oh well. Perhaps it'll still do what other pre-empted episodes have done then.
            Metallo was preempted in NY, while Crossfire was preempted in Chicago. Not sure where Pandora was preempted(I think a bunch of smaller towns). In terms of households, NY is roughly 7.5M while Chicago is about 3.5M. Hard to rate how much a hit each city is in terms of viewers, NY watches SV it seems at a slightly higher average then normal while Chicago seems to be one of SV's biggest markets in terms of average amount of viewers per houreshold. I am taking a guess that NY is a lose of about 180-250k viewers, while Chicago in the 100-150k range.

Comment

• Good it went above 2mil, not so bad now

----- Added 16 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by tyson08
              Finally someone speaking the truth! The ratings for an episode are always dependent on how the prior episode was received and/or promotion of the new episode.
              Or the trailer that precedes it. There are many factors but no one can claim what is a factor and what isn't completely. Hiatus is an obvious one, though it hadn't effected ratings for Disciple. The amount of viewers that didn't tune in can still be internet savvy, I would think a lot of those still watching weren't ignorant of the internet, why the same following showed up for Savior despite being moved to Fridays with little promotion and talk. I would think some would seek info online, and possibly saw a trailer, like on youtube which I have seen some comments mocking the shippyness of Escape, and that it seemed lame. Actually, quite a few saying how ridiculous the the episode looked prior to it being aired. It may or may not have been a factor. But to this level, I would hope not

----- Added 17 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Supsfan
              Metallo was preempted in NY, while Crossfire was preempted in Chicago. Not sure where Pandora was preempted(I think a bunch of smaller towns). In terms of households, NY is roughly 7.5M while Chicago is about 3.5M. Hard to rate how much a hit each city is in terms of viewers, NY watches SV it seems at a slightly higher average then normal while Chicago seems to be one of SV's biggest markets in terms of average amount of viewers per houreshold. I am taking a guess that NY is a lose of about 180-250k viewers, while Chicago in the 100-150k range.
              Oi
              Last edited by Dominicus; 04-06-2010, 08:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• It should be noted both of these were pre-empted in Chicago last night(SV will be preempted this Friday, although shown at 10:30 CST)

90210 (92% coverage CW normally 95%) 1.335 million viewers
                Melrose Place (92% coverage) 0.864 million viewers

The overnights were 1.55 and 1.05 respectively, which means that the sporting event counted for about 200K viewers
                Last edited by Supsfan; 04-07-2010, 02:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by shawn316
                  There's no excuse for why this episode received perhaps the lowest ratings ever, other than it was perhaps one of the worst episodes Smallville has aired. This episode would be bad for season 1 standards. For me, it went beyond a "filler" episode and they(producers) are going down a slippery slope again with all this soap opera/young & the restless crap. I really felt like I was watching a Scary Movie 6 movie the whole time I was watching this episode. Just more recycled storyline from earlier seasons.

I was wondering how anyone would know if the show was good or bad, just a though! Also if your a fan of any show why not watch anyhow, that is if your a fan!!!

Take Care,

Jack

Comment

• Does anyone know when the Live+7's for this episode are gonna be released?

Comment

• DVR Live +7 numbers for Escape:

MattMtvguy Factoring in DVR+7, #Smallville 'Escape' winds up with 2.7 mil.

Comment

• Thanks, Maria
                        Smallville S9 *Final Rating - DVR
                        #1 Savior ~ *2.57mil. & Live+7= 3.39mil.

#2 Metallo ~ (P)*2.24mil. & Live+7= 3.03mil.

#3 Rabid ~ *2.28mil. & Live+7= 3.02mil.

#4 Echo ~ *2.59mil. & Live+7= 3.25mil.

#5 Roulette ~ *2.47mil. & Live+7= 3.14mil.

#6 Crossfire ~ (P)*2.42mil. & Live+7= 3.24mil.

#7 Kandor ~ *2.63mil.

#8 Idol ~ *2.68mil. & Live+7= 3.47mil.

#9 Pandora ~ (P)*2.42mil. & Live+7= 3.20mil.

#10 Disciple ~ *2.49mil. & Live+7= 3.07mil.

#11 & #12 Absolute Justice ~ *2.77mil. & Live+7= 3.48mil.

#13 Warrior ~ *2.48mil. & Live+7= 3.25mil.

#14 Persuasion ~ *2.44mil. & Live+7= 3.11mil.

#15 Conspiracy ~ *2.54mil & Live+7= 3.28mil.

#16 Escape ~ *2.13mil. & Live+7= 2.7_mil.

#17 Checkmate ~ (P)*1.99mil.

#18 Upgrade ~ (P)*1.56mil.

#19 Charade ~ (P)*2.05mil.

(P)-denotes pre-empted episodes

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡