Special Effects in "Escape"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great effects for a change. Especially the flying scene at the beginning, love the way Zod descended.

Comment

I re-watched the opening zod flight scene to see how different it was. For the doomsday scene they played it backwards, but repositioned the building thing they fly over and got rid of the time in the clouds between that building thing and the luthorcorp building. Then they added clark on the building and just zoomed in on him when the shot closes in. It wasn't changed nearly as much as the escape shot. In escape they made a completely new shot but kept the beginning of the doomsday clip. Instead of going straight towards the daily planet, the shot slows down and goes off to the side slightly and the shot gets clear and we see zod leaping down. Each shot was changed quite a bit, but the escape clip no doubt cost the most because it was a new rendering of the same 3D space. Did that make any sense?

Comment

Originally posted by e-µ-i
        Especially the flying scene at the beginning, love the way Zod descended.
        That flight scene and descent in the beginning were actually the best effects of the night. About time they shot a new flying sequence, no matter how short it was, or dark, at least it was original and looked good.

Comment

What I don't get, is how Lois exploded, then was inexplicably okay again.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎