Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Escape?"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I loved everything about this episode except the scene with the Silver Banshee. The idea of them getting away for a weekend, ending up at the same place, hilarious breakfast scene- especially after Lois & Chloe left the table - talk about uncomfortable silence. Clois kissing. Them getting in bed. The last scene with Clois when Clark just looks at Lois, lifts her up on the counter, kissing her.

A solid 9 from me. Would have given a 10 if it wasn't for a certain banshee.

Comment

• It was fun. I was lighthearted and funny episode to me.

Comment

• During the last three seasons, the characters spent more and more time in Metropolis. Which is a problem, when your show is called Smallville (suggesting a specific geographical location). No doubt, in an attempt to keep Smallville relevant to Smallville, Clark, Chloe and Lois got to remain residents of Smallville. When Chloe and Jimmy moved in together, they had to do it, in the Talon apartment (rather than her moving into his apartment in Metropolis or them getting a place together). New character Tess Mercer moved into the Luthor Mansion (rather than having her own apartment in Metropolis). Certain scenes where also placed in Smallville. I think "Absolute Justice", "Dominion" and "Prophecy" were the only episodes deviod of Smallville scenes.

I'm bringing this up, because I feel this episode features some of the most obvious attempts, to keep Smallville relevant to Smallville. First you have Zod and Tess meeting in the Kent barn, with a weak motivation, instead of at her office in Metropolis. Towards the end of the episode, you have a scene with the two of them, in bed, at the Luthor Mansion. These scenes could've easily been set elsewhere and is an obvious attempt to, not only have more Smallville scenes in the episode, but scenes set at the Kent Farm and the Luthor Mansion. Four of the six main characters spend the episode, at a bed & breakfast, along with a Metropolis scene with Lois and Clark. If it weren't for the above mentioned Smallville scenes, the town would've only appeared at the end, when Clark and Lois shows up at the Talon apartment and Zod was briefly in the Kent House, when he was talking to Lois (during which, he raced over to Metropolis).

Other than that, I thought the episode was okay. We're introduced to another future Superman villain. I'm assuming Silver Banshee will one day discover another portal and return. I have mixed feelings, whether or not they should've made that clearer. There is always a risk that they end up hitting us over the head with it and you wish that they hadn't included a tease for her return (which may, and didn't, not happen during the show's run, so why bother with one?).

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎