Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doctor Who #5.1 "The Eleventh Hour"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt Smith is awesome as The Doctor. He plays the humour, seriousness,kindness and cockyness of the Time Lord well.

Comment

Doctor Who #5.1 "The Eleventh Hour" U.S. Countdown/LIVE Thread

Our British counterparts already got to see it; now those of us in the United States get to enjoy this fantastic episode.

Less than 20 hours left here in California!

Comment

ooh I want to spoil :P

Comment

I have a sneaky suspicion some folks might have seen the episode already.

Comment

I am tuned in and waiting, meanwhile I am watching "Last of the Time Lords".

Comment

10/10

This is still my favourite episode of Series 5 so far, great way to introduce us not just to the new doctor but the new companion as well.

Oh and the new TARDIS, spectacular.

Comment

I finally got around to watching this and it was really very good. Matt was impressive as the Doctor (bits of Tennant but also his own style, that was nice).

The little girl turning out to be Amy was something one could see a mile away but still worked out well. Loved the bit about the nurse/boyfriend saying that she had made him dress up as the Doctor when they were kids.

And I loved the Doctor's reaction to what he looks like now and his changes (especially it seems in what he likes to eat) from previous Doctors.

Also the swimming pool in the library? Awesome!

A lovely start to Matt's run, although I do kind of hate the bow tie. He looked much better in the 'raggedy' clothes, IMO. But perhaps it will grow on me.

Comment

Well I gave this episode 8 out of 10. Pretty much the only thing that I dont like is the theme.
                  It was only the first episode with a new Doctor *and* a new Companion so, that's kind of a lot to reajust to. I liked the episode a lot but, I didnt love it. But, it was way creepy with the Prisoner Zero teeth in the humans or, when the humans had the wrong voice, like the guy barking, or the woman speaking with a little girl's voice or, not moving her mouth when she was talking. That was so creepy.
                  When I learned that Matt Smith was going to be the next Doctor I found other stuff that he's been in because, I had no idea who he was. So, I saw Moses Jones and, the Sally Lockhart movies that also star Billie Piper. So, I know that he can act and, he can do a huge range of acting so, I'm hopeful that he will grow into his role as The Doctor (I've only seen the first three episodes thus far).

Comment

Originally posted by Captain_Rickman
                    Well I gave this episode 8 out of 10. Pretty much the only thing that I dont like is the theme.
                    It was only the first episode with a new Doctor *and* a new Companion so, that's kind of a lot to reajust to. I liked the episode a lot but, I didnt love it. But, it was way creepy with the Prisoner Zero teeth in the humans or, when the humans had the wrong voice, like the guy barking, or the woman speaking with a little girl's voice or, not moving her mouth when she was talking. That was so creepy.
                    When I learned that Matt Smith was going to be the next Doctor I found other stuff that he's been in because, I had no idea who he was. So, I saw Moses Jones and, the Sally Lockhart movies that also star Billie Piper. So, I know that he can act and, he can do a huge range of acting so, I'm hopeful that he will grow into his role as The Doctor (I've only seen the first three episodes thus far).
                    If you check out the " Secret Diary of a call girl " I hear that is pretty wonderful. It has Billie and Matt, as well. - Sorry, I just thought to mention that.

Comment

Originally posted by MsNoelle
                      If you check out the " Secret Diary of a call girl " I hear that is pretty wonderful. It has Billie and Matt, as well. - Sorry, I just thought to mention that.
                      That is going to lead to a lot of fanfiction stories now. Lol, just kidding.

Comment

lol but, thanks for mentioning it. I knew Billie Piper stars in that but, I didnt know Matt Smith is in it, too. I havent seen it so, I might just have to check it out

Comment

So I just got the DVD for the series 5 part 1 and noticed a lot of scenes that weren't in the original version when I first watched it on BBC America and seen since I recorded it as well.

At first I thought they were deleted stuff but did some checking and turns out it was the stuff that BBC America shorted to fit it into it's normal 60 minute time frame.

I will say it kind of give me a new experience and really added some depth here and there. Also man Moffat has his screws up like any other writer but that guy can write good character moments at times. Which having good actors help to.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎