No announcement yet.

And so God is....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And so God is....

Testing the boys? Fishing? I'm not following why God bothered to save them or release Dean from hell if he really had no intention of stopping anything or helping when he was really needed.

Well I mean, taking Dean from hell I guess he hoped Dean would stop Sam but you know that seem botched from the start because neither brother had enough info.....

It just seems odd....

I agree...something seems off. I just can't accept the "God doesn't care one way of the other" explanation.

There's got to be more to it than that...I just don't have a clue what it might be

Comment

he is playing ski ball ski bal is more important to him then the world

Comment

Maybe Josh told them he doesn't want Dean and Sam to continue to look for God. My guess is that he cares, but doesn't feel this is his fight. If they continue to look for him then it's wasting time. I dunno.

Comment

Maybe he's showing them the consequences of free will. I think we'll see him eventually. The mere fact that he's on Earth means they could run into him anytime. I think he's holding out for the right time since the Winchesters are still not strong enough to handle the task.

Comment

ummm hes god why isnt this his fight? its his creation thats being destroyed. but agian if you buy a house for a homeless family and a year later they get killed and the house burns down cause a bolt of lightning hit it is it really your problem? but again if god is ment to be our father then fathers are ment to protect there kids. atleast from what ive heard

Comment

But if it really isn't God's fight, and he intends to do nothing about it... why is he even on Earth to begin with?

You can't tell me that God can't imagine whatever he wants and needs up in his Kingdom. Heck, being God, he doesn't need to imagine, could make it real.

Wouldn't bet my life on it, but I'm thinking he's doing something so important he can't be bothered by trying to be tracked down, so by spreading the word to have Sam, Dean, & Cas to stop looking for him is so he can do what he's doing, and not be distracted.

Comment

Originally posted by SVfan26
                But if it really isn't God's fight, and he intends to do nothing about it... why is he even on Earth to begin with?

You can't tell me that God can't imagine whatever he wants and needs up in his Kingdom. Heck, being God, he doesn't need to imagine, could make it real.

Wouldn't bet my life on it, but I'm thinking he's doing something so important he can't be bothered by trying to be tracked down, so by spreading the word to have Sam, Dean, & Cas to stop looking for him is so he can do what he's doing, and not be distracted.
                Makes sense I mean if Sam Dean and Cass are so busy looking for him the boys can't do their job which is saving people and I think God is a private person he probabley feels that the boys would be in the way of whatever he trying to do.
                Last edited by kari916; 04-02-2010, 04:03 PM.

Comment

I think that God needs convincing that 'free will' is worth the fight. Maybe Dean and Sam will finally get him to directly intervene, in the season finale.

Comment

Great point, Kari.

Another way to look at is, he's non-verbally saying "Stop looking to me to solve everything for you; get your acts together and do it; I'll help when the time is right".

Comment

Great point, Kari.

Another way to look at is, he's non-verbally saying "Stop looking to me to solve everything for you; get your acts together and do it; I'll help when the time is right".
                      Good point! I hadn't thought of that. I liked your earlier theory too, that God is working on something much bigger and much more important at the moment.

Either way, I think we all agree something is up!

Comment

Good point. As long as I see God on Supernatural, in some sort of visage, I will be extremely happy. I trust Kripke to pull it off well.

Comment

I think God will help save the day after all since Season 6 is happening. Sam will have to stay alive after Lucifer is beaten in the finale. But what i'm curious about is what will be the storyline for Season 6? I can't think of anything that could top the end of the world. And Lucifer as the main villain I just hope they don't pull a Smallville. And extend this storyline I also don't want them to half ass the new story either. Make it good and believable like they actually thought it through.

Comment

There is so much that hasn't happened yet with the Apocalypse plot that still needs to happen that should be the focus of season 6. There's no way they should wrap up the Apocalypse that soon. There were too many fillers this season to end it already.

But even after the Apocalypse is done, I still want to see a season of the Winchesters fighting off the Croatoan virus and ultimately beating it. It could be the fallout of the Apocalypse. And don't forget, the Duane Tanner demon survived that episode & has been spreading the virus ever since season 2. So who knows how many people have that virus by now. We also never found out what happened to those people that disappeared. My guess is that they are sleeper cells that dissipated & will begin the outbreak once Pestilence or whoever Duane Tanner was speaking to orders it.

Comment

I don't see any reason to prolong the Apocalypse arc into next season. It would been nice if they only slowed things down, but they're not. We've got two Horsemen, and only two more to go, and then with Lucifer's vessel, Nick, will most likely be in all kinds of mess up whenever we see him again.

And also, it was just a regular demon controlling Duane Tanner. I too thought it would be a special "Croatoan demon", but I'm figuring that it's just Pestilence's doing. And Azazel, or Lilith, sent a demon out to test out the virus before the special child ends up opening the Devil's Gate. So, with that being said, I doubt the virus has started now. In the episode, "The End", it was stated it started back in 2012. And even with certain events starting earlier than expected, Pestilence might be starting the virus in "The Devil You Know", but it hasn't started any earlier. The demon inside Duane stopped it, and hasn't been seen since, well, because the virus was only used for a test run.

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Divine Skylord
                              I think that God needs convincing that 'free will' is worth the fight. Maybe Dean and Sam will finally get him to directly intervene, in the season finale.
                              That is the only thing I can think of at the moment.
                              Last edited by Call_Me_Ishmael; 04-01-2010, 09:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎