No announcement yet.

That mouse is looking pretty good!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That mouse is looking pretty good!

I watched some of the episodes of the original series that they played on Syfy, and I like how for the remake they kept some of the elements similar but different. In the original, one of the aliens got a human girl pregnant on purpose and she killed him for using her, but their child, Elizabeth, became a key character later. In the remake, the alien who gets a human pregnant is a good guy, and it was kind of an accident. I loved how they had the women bearing a half-alien child craving the dead mouse on the mousetrap. That tied the shows together in an interesting way.

Originally posted by dunkman
    I loved how they had the women bearing a half-alien child craving the dead mouse on the mousetrap.
    They could’ve made it freakier… she could’ve been craving mouse and thumbing through the cookbook called "To Serve Man" written by Damon Knight.

Comment

Originally posted by Saber
      They could’ve made it freakier… she could’ve been craving mouse and thumbing through the cookbook called "To Serve Man" written by Damon Knight.
      Lol so The Simpsons were homaging something else when they did a similar joke long ago eh? They were on an alien ship and Lisa/Bart finds a book called "How to Cook Humans". Then one of the aliens blows some dust off of it which reveals the title to actually be "How to Cook FOR Humans". But then more dust is removed by a Simpson and we see the title to actually be "How to Cook FORTY Humans". Then the alien does one last dust removal and the full title is finally revealed: "How to Cook FOR FORTY Humans". The offended aliens then take the Simpsons back home instead of the paradise of their own planet because of their lack of faith/trust. lol
      Last edited by Xanderman; 04-04-2010, 12:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎