No announcement yet.

Shaw's Revenge

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smeyer44
    I don't think they'll make him one-dimensional and irrational, but I think it's pretty much a given that he'll be a bad guy (or at least a threat to our two main characters). I think he'll try and use Sarah, and therefore Chuck, to go after whoever gave the order to kill Eve. Once that person has been either discovered and/or taken down, he'll then turn his attention to taking out Sarah.

Whether she's at fault or not, Shaw literally just saw Sarah kill his wife, in cold blood. I'd bet the majority of people wouldn't let that slide, regardless of context.

Blueyes, I hope you're not making or breaking this episode on whether or not Shaw turns out to be a bad guy, b/c it seems to be pointing that way. But, I've been wrong before. frequently
    Yes, it would totally make him a one-dimensional and irrational guy if he's not able to understand that it was all part of her Red Test. It wasn't personal, plus he knows exactly how bad she feels about doing it.

I know many people hate the guy so they don't really care how the character is handled as long as he disapears out of the picture, but I like him, and I don't buy him being so blinded by revenge that he would not understand her reasons. I don't have a problem with him wanting to avenge his wife's death, I understand that, but he should take it to those who ordered Sarah to do it and why, not with her. Plus just hours ago he had feelings for Sarah. It just doesn't make sense to me, sorry, it is bad storytelling.

Comment

I think he'll fully understand that it was not her decision to kill his wife. In the end, he'll be one of those people that believes a person should be held accountable for their actions regardless of whether it was an order or not. (If I may digress, this is somewhat like how the Gerard Butler's 300 character held the messanger responsible for the words coming out of his mouth, even if they are not his words). I think if he were really irrational, he'd have come into Sarah's apartment with guns blazing. It's very calculating and spy-like, in my opinion, to use her until he doesn't need her anymore.

Obviously, we're coming from different places in terms of Shaw. I've liked the spy work from him, not so much the relationship stuff. Clearly you've enjoyed his character and don't want him to be fundamentally changed, which I get. It's not something I'd root for in any character I like. Because I'm curious, how would you like this episode to play out for Shaw?

Comment

I think we're being led to believe Shaw will kill Sarah for killing his wife. After all, one of his original prefaces to us when he came on the show was revenge for The Ring or whomever for taking his wife's life. In the end though, I think Chuck will save Sarah and Shaw may be more interested in the information Sarah can provide on who ordered Sarah's red test to kill his wife. Will Shaw die in the end? Who knows? Maybe no and he'll become another nemisis for Chuck down the road like Bryce. Speak of....isn't it about time for the insanely handsome Bryce Larkin to make another miraculious recovery? All I know is whatever I think is going to happen on the show, never does, which means my scenario means zilch.

Comment

Originally posted by smeyer44
          I think he'll fully understand that it was not her decision to kill his wife. In the end, he'll be one of those people that believes a person should be held accountable for their actions regardless of whether it was an order or not. (If I may digress, this is somewhat like how the Gerard Butler's 300 character held the messanger responsible for the words coming out of his mouth, even if they are not his words). I think if he were really irrational, he'd have come into Sarah's apartment with guns blazing. It's very calculating and spy-like, in my opinion, to use her until he doesn't need her anymore.

Obviously, we're coming from different places in terms of Shaw. I've liked the spy work from him, not so much the relationship stuff. Clearly you've enjoyed his character and don't want him to be fundamentally changed, which I get. It's not something I'd root for in any character I like. Because I'm curious, how would you like this episode to play out for Shaw?
          I'd have him struggle with the issue for a while, while Sarah tries to make him understand her point of view and begs for forgiveness. Should be VERY intense, emotional and poignant. I wanna see tears. But finally, he should realize that she was just following orders, that it wasn't personal. Then they both reunite with Chuck and possibly Casey and try to find the people responsible for this, which should happen somehow, lol, and then it's pure Ring butt kicking in an epic way. I could see Shaw almost dying just to make it more dramatic. And then, he just gets reassigned to another mission, another place far away from Chuck and Sarah. Not that I'm rooting for the Chuck and Sarah ship, because I'm not; they bore me now, but that's the general idea.
          Last edited by blueyes; 04-05-2010, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BRAISKI
            I would think that Chuck will kill Shaw to defend Sarah.
            Originally posted by A Flawed Fashion
            That would be interesting. I'm betting the first time Chuck does kill, it will be fore Sarah.
            Were we right or what?!

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎