No announcement yet.

Is Sarah Redeemed?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Sarah Redeemed?

Do you think Sarah redeemed herself in this episode?

I'm gonna be a prick and say I don't think she needed to be redeemed. But I get where you're coming from, and I thought she was great tonight. She thought Chuck executed a guy, and she was clearly shaken by it, but still trusted him enough to go with him before finding out the whole truth.

I don't have a problem with her kissing Shaw. She cared about him, and he was going on a suicide mission.

Comment

Yeah, I didn't have a HUGE problem with her kissing Shaw either, considering there was a high probability that he could've died by going into that precarious situation. However, I still was mad at her that she abandoned Chuck the way she did when he could have been in severe emotional distress if he'd really killed that guy in the last episode, and it wasn't until she learned the truth that she fully was ready to accept Chuck's offer. Also, even though I don't like the Sarah/Shaw relationship, I think it was pretty tacky of her to want to head straight to Mexico with Chuck while Shaw was still in the hospital, with so much left unsaid and undecided between them. I can't decide if it's more or less rude than what Chuck did to Hannah a few episodes back. Still, I like Sarah, and I think they're moving her character back in the right direction.

Comment

Originally posted by SGuthrie27
        Yeah, I didn't have a HUGE problem with her kissing Shaw either, considering there was a high probability that he could've died by going into that precarious situation. However, I still was mad at her that she abandoned Chuck the way she did when he could have been in severe emotional distress if he'd really killed that guy in the last episode, and it wasn't until she learned the truth that she fully was ready to accept Chuck's offer. Also, even though I don't like the Sarah/Shaw relationship, I think it was pretty tacky of her to want to head straight to Mexico with Chuck while Shaw was still in the hospital, with so much left unsaid and undecided between them. I can't decide if it's more or less rude than what Chuck did to Hannah a few episodes back. Still, I like Sarah, and I think they're moving her character back in the right direction.
        I think the flaws in the way Chuck and Sarah react under those circumstances is the writers need to create needless drama and flip flopping when it comes to matters of the heart. Am I still talking about Chuck? I don't know, anyways, yeah I totally agree on all accounts.

Comment

She’s definitely coming out of her panic state. Shaw was never her true choice and when Chuck told her ILYx3 and kissed her she was home again.

I quote Lou on the Chucktv site.
          “Her statement of not loving Chuck is a sympton of pain but Chuck is not the source. Sarah is. It is herself that she loathes. Chuck represents her past. And her shame. When Chuck passed the red test it equated to a lost opportunity for Sarah. A chance that may never come again to, in some measure, redeem herself. This is a line in the sand moment. Not a reinforced bunker. Such lines can be crossed. Sometimes the person making them is begging for someone to cross them.”

You can read it all here:

Comment

^ Along those lines, she talked about how her red test had changed her and she wasn't the same person afterwards. Naturally, she thought the same applied to Chuck.

The only problem is that this wasn't spelled out much until last week's episode. For most of S3, it just appeared that she didn't like Chuck was doing just because she didn't think he had that in him. I wish they would have touched on her reasoning earlier in the season. Don't know if it would have made the Shaw relationship easier to swallow, but it would have made her decisions more understandable to everyone

Comment

Originally posted by smeyer44
              ^ Along those lines, she talked about how her red test had changed her and she wasn't the same person afterwards. Naturally, she thought the same applied to Chuck.

The only problem is that this wasn't spelled out much until last week's episode. For most of S3, it just appeared that she didn't like Chuck was doing just because she didn't think he had that in him. I wish they would have touched on her reasoning earlier in the season. Don't know if it would have made the Shaw relationship easier to swallow, but it would have made her decisions more understandable to everyone
              That’s very, true and maybe a mistake by the show runners.

Comment

In a way yes because she picked the right guy Chuck.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎