Collapse
No announcement yet.

#5.22 Swan Song (Season Finale)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

what if Castiel is God? just throwing it out there any thoughts. i mean it wud be a big twist

what a twist!

Comment

Originally posted by chole_fan
      ^^Haha! So God is, in essence, a transformer?? I'd love to see the KITT graphics from Chaning Channels come back, only this time its God...could you imagine. "Dean, this is God...we really need to talk about some of the things you've done in here over the years"

Heehee

Comment

Originally posted by Call_Me_Ishmael

Oh, no, I meant I hope Kripke makes Bobby turn out to be God, lol. If Kripke were to play God, it might be pretty cool, but some may view it as M. Night Shyamalan douchebaggery.
        A true that lol

Comment

My thoughts on the finale...

Castiel dies.
          Why: We know that Castiel takes on Michael with drastic results for Castiel. We also know that the heaven/hell/apocalypse storyline comes to a close this season. So where would that leave Castiel for next season? It would almost seem to be an unfair "ace in the hole" for the Winchesters hunting their every day riff raff with a warrior of heaven on their side. So thus--Castiel takes on Michael in an attempt to stave off the battle between him and Lucifer and is killed.

Adam returns.
          Why: We know Michael will be appearing in the finale as he has to fight Castiel. After "Point of no Return", it seems pretty logical to guess that Michael has inhabited Adam as his vessel in a similar way to how Lucifer is inhabiting Nick.

God is revealed.
          Why: Kripke has stated God will appear in the finale, and he will speak. Kripke also said that what God has to say will reflect the theme of the show. My thought? The theme of the show has been primarily about two things: family and free will. God, as an omnipotent being, has chosen not to intervene and does not see this as his problem for the same reason that bad things happen to good people every day: it's free will. It's the way he created the world, filled with human beings who have the ability to choose their own destinies. He allows nature to take its toll, he's allowing the angels to do their worst, and he's allowing the Winchesters to try and stop it. In my humble opinion, God will not just show up and save the day. He will show up after the Winchesters have saved the day and speak to them briefly.

God will be 1 of 2 people.
          Why: While I personally love the idea of God being the Impala(it's been there since the beginning--when John met Mary, and then passed onto the boys, etc.) I think ultimately God will be a person. And I think that person has to be one of John or Mary Winchester.

In spite of my theory about Bobby in the "Who will play God" thread, there is one thing from "Dark Side of the Moon" that has irked me. Ash told the Brothers that he has searched high and low throughout heaven and could find absolutely no trace of John and Mary Winchester. Now that's peculiar, especially given that we know John clawed his way out of hell to save his boys in "All Hell Breaks Loose Part 2". So if John didn't continue his upward climb into heaven, it logically leaves him on Earth...where he could well have become the vessel for God. Now, the flipside of that is that John is as stubborn as both Sam and Dean combined...would he agree?

Then there's Mary. She's the absentee(not by her choice) parent who gave her life to protect her boys. If God wanted a sympathetic face to appear to the Brothers as, it would be Mary. John definitely stirs up some mixed emotions in both Sam and Dean, but Mary is the one the boys both love unconditionally and never had any blazing fights with. She could be the logical choice both for the Boys, and for the show--given that JDM's schedule is jam packed, Mary might be the easier choice for both schedules and financials.

Chuck will appear.
          Why: We know this because IMDB lists him among the cast. As a prophet, he does have a direct line to what will happen in the future. With Zachariah no longer around to plant images in his head, that makes his visions far more reliable in my opinion. I think Chuck will be used to help nail down Lucifer's location for the final confrontation wherein the Brothers will try and trick the greatest trickster of them all back into his own cage.

EDIT:

To go a little further...

Crowley will turn on the Brothers.
          Why: Never trust a demon. Crowley is to Dean what Ruby was to Sam, and I firmly believe that in a way very similar to how Lilith was the only one who knew Ruby's true mission, Lucifer is the only one who knows Crowley's true mission. We've seen Sam start to hint at the idea of saying "Yes" to Lucifer in order to trap him. The only way Sam would consider that is if he thought he could win. Interesting that Crowley helping them to the point where all it could take is "one little yes" to trick the Devil "back into his box" puts Sam right in Lucifer's crosshairs? I feel Crowley is out for No. 1, for sure, but he also strikes me as a very, very material man. Obsessed with his riches, his house, his tailor...how difficult would it be for Lucifer to woo him with the promise of more? Just risk your life, help me get this maggot to say "Yes", and the world is your oyster. It's elaborate, cunning, and exactly the type of trick Lucifer would pull.
          Last edited by Mike; 05-04-2010, 03:52 PM.

Comment

the preview looks awesome! I just hate that dean is beat up so badly by Lucifer/Sam. Should be a good edge of your seat all the way through episode!

Comment

Yes the preview was like WTF!? I have a feeling this will be a very strong episode for Jared. Definitely a nail bitter! EPIC!

Comment

KSiteTV is a website focusing on television series that fans get excited about, featuring show news, interviews, previews, and more.
                Last edited by KSiteTV; 05-09-2010, 10:52 AM. Reason: Since I went to the trouble of posting on KSiteTV, I'd appreciate that linkage.

Comment

Based on spoilers saying a beloved character will die and another Archangel will bite the dust, I'm putting my money on that Archangel being Chuck's protector so Chuck is made vulnerable, is attacked and killed. DNW Cas or Bobby to die .

Thanks for the promo vid, I missed it last night, lol. People weren't lying when they said Dean gets his arse kicked . Looks like Sammy does say yes and it isn't so easy taking control.
                  Last edited by obsessedwithsv; 05-07-2010, 05:21 AM.

Comment

I am not sold on the Bobby as God theory....I think that Sam will go against Lucifer - and lose. It's been building from the beginning that Dean may lose Sam for good. And stepping outside of the show for a moment...remember Charmed? Prue gets killed and conveniently Paige, the lost sibling is there to restore the three?? Sam dies and Adam (gag) rides shotgun with Dean. The drastic consequences for Castiel may be that he's totally stripped of angel status and has to finish out his life as a human.
                    That would make for some awesome Dean-drama, but it wouldn't be Supernatural any more. Killing off Sam would be like kicking a puppy.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilMandy
                      I am not sold on the Bobby as God theory....I think that Sam will go against Lucifer - and lose. It's been building from the beginning that Dean may lose Sam for good. And stepping outside of the show for a moment...remember Charmed? Prue gets killed and conveniently Paige, the lost sibling is there to restore the three?? Sam dies and Adam (gag) rides shotgun with Dean. The drastic consequences for Castiel may be that he's totally stripped of angel status and has to finish out his life as a human.
                      That would make for some awesome Dean-drama, but it wouldn't be Supernatural any more. Killing off Sam would be like kicking a puppy.
                      I don't think they will kill off Sam.

Comment

I hope you're right Kari.

Comment

Originally posted by Lexgirl33
                          Yes the preview was like WTF!? I have a feeling this will be a very strong episode for Jared. Definitely a nail bitter! EPIC!
                          I agree! I think Jared is totally gonna rock the finale

EvilMandy - I agree with Kari, no way they can kill off Sammy. The show would lose 3/4 of it's audience with that move and would quickly die out next season.

I am wondering where the "Cas is human" thing is going, either:

A. He is the beloved character that dies, killing him will be much easier now that he's human.

or

B. He will survive the finale and having him be "human" is the writers way of giving him a place in next season.

This is going to one looooong week

Comment

Originally posted by obsessedwithsv
                            Based on spoilers saying a beloved character will die and another Archangel will bite the dust, I'm putting my money on that Archangel being Chuck's protector so Chuck is made vulnerable, is attacked and killed. DNW Cas or Bobby to die .

Thanks for the promo vid, I missed it last night, lol. People weren't lying when they said Dean gets his arse kicked . Looks like Sammy does say yes and it isn't so easy taking control.
                            Doubtful Raphael was Meant as a 1 Time Character and the article was posted before "Hammer of the Godfs " Aired so i think she meant Gabriel also i don't think it will be chuck cause he doesn't really fit the category of Beloved Character only Dean, Sam, Castiel and Bobby Do i Have a feeling it will be Bobby that will be Killed i think Crowley will be killed before they can Trap Lucifer meaning he can't return Bobby's Soul and i don't think sam will be Trapped with Lucifer i have a feeling God will show up last Second saving sam and Destoying Lucifer

Comment

I picked up the latest Supernatural Magazine yesterday, and they had an interview with Kripke about S.6, and he said that Dean and Sam were both going to be going on and that he couldn't see Supernatual going on without the both of them. He did say that doesn't mean one of them won't die in the finale however. We've seen them bring people back from the dead before.

Comment

didnt see anyone post this link yet, so, sneak peak for finale!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

enjoy

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎