Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Isabelle's ghost (call the Ghostbusters)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isabelle's ghost (call the Ghostbusters)

I thought only people who died on the island became ghosts that Hurley could see? Or at least that's how it was up to now, wasn't it? Are the ghosts that Hurley sees just Jacob manipulating him, sort of like Smokey manipulates people in the form of dead people? Why aren't more dead people visiting Hurley if it's so important that Smokey be stopped from leaving? Surely the various losties etc must know or have known lots of people who died in their, and since they didn't need to die on the island apparently, they should be showing up too, no? Finally, when will Hurley get his hands on a proton pack and send these restless souls straight back to hell (where they came from)??

Yeah Jacob is manipulating everything, now that he is dead himself. He is talking to every dead soul into visiting Hurley. . . . .I don't think so.

To be honest, I suspect as much with the dead people that was visiting Hurley during the whole time was on Jacob's side and not on Smokey's side.

How can you trust a guy/entity who doesn't give his name to you? i.e. Smokey aka MIB. Plus that clear fact that Smokey purposefully lie rather than conceal facts like Jacob does. In my book Smokey is the obvious bad guy, whereas Jacob is the good guy who wants everyone make the right choice, even to believe that Ben could change right up to the point of being stabbed by Ben.

I think that Jacob is Sobek the Egyptian god with a crocodile's head. A creator god that represents fertility and a sense of protection, repairing past evils. The statue is Tawaret, the Egyptian goddess of maternity and childbirth of which Jacob lived under. Sobek is regarded as being her consort.

And I think that Smokey is Anubis, the god of the Underworld. He judged the dead, which would be a thematic element shared with the like the smoke monster.

However the Smoke monster may be allude to being the "snake" in the Garden of Eden because he/MIB simply lies and deceives and does not care about people's right or wrongs, only in getting off the island. He uses dead peoples forms to trick people in doing things.

Jacob didn't do that before he was killed and I can't see him using Ghosts, when only Hurley is able to see and therefore is limited. It wouldn't work because as Jacob had said to Ricardo, it would be meaningless if he steps in and tell people what is right or wrong when they are to figure it out themselves.
    Last edited by WhoRU?; 03-26-2010, 07:18 AM.

Comment

Well if we want to get technical, Charlie didn't die on the island and Hurley saw him. I am getting the feeling that Jacob may be manipulating Hurley. Smoke monster can't leave the island so how could he replicate the body of Isabella or Ben's mother? It would also explain why when Ben told Richard he saw his mother who died off the island, Richard looked at Ben differently.

Saying that, I'd think if Jacob mas manipulating Hurley and Richard by being Isabella, it would really cheapen that last scene.

Comment

The monster scanned him like Locke, Kate and Juliette (what looked like photos being taken, were the persons memories) and saw a weakness he could use to manipulate Richard to kill Jacob..

Comment

Originally posted by WhoRU?
          Yeah Jacob is manipulating everything, now that he is dead himself. He is talking to every dead soul into visiting Hurley. . . . .I don't think so.
          I meant that the dead people visiting Hurley might actually be Jacob in disguise, not that Jacob is talking every dead soul into visiting Hurley. If these are the actual people who died, now "one with the universe", or one with the Island/God/whatever, or communicating from another plane of existence/reality (given we've got AU's in the mix now), I'm fine with that. Just noting the possibility that it could be Jacob given that Smokey does similar stuff. And given the "new side" to Jacob we've been shown, a more violent/aggressive side, I'm not counting out the possibility that Jacob is above doing such a thing to achieve his purpose.

I think that Jacob is Sobek the Egyptian god with a crocodile's head. A creator god that represents fertility and a sense of protection, repairing past evils. The statue is Tawaret, the Egyptian goddess of maternity and childbirth of which Jacob lived under. Sobek is regarded as being her consort.

And I think that Smokey is Anubis, the god of the Underworld. He judged the dead, which would be a thematic element shared with the like the smoke monster.
          Yeah this is the kind of stuff I'm sure many of us have also read online. It's probably going to end up being something like this. I just hope they try to have some sort of scientific basis as well, like these "gods" actually being beings from another reality/universe/dimension or something like that (highly evolved beings), rather than simply making it all "magic". Basically following the example of Stargate or other such sci-fi. I just don't want this to be the Mummy Returns after all these years.

Originally posted by Tabularasa
          Well if we want to get technical, Charlie didn't die on the island and Hurley saw him.
          That's true, but he was still in the island's vicinity wasn't he....anyway.

Saying that, I'd think if Jacob mas manipulating Hurley and Richard by being Isabella, it would really cheapen that last scene.
          True, but perhaps Jacob realizes he's got to fight fire with fire. He might need to get his hands a little dirty to beat MIB. That said, it probably really is the dead people, in some sort of afterlife, existing in some other plane or whatever. But I'm not counting out it being Jacob just yet either.
          Last edited by Xanderman; 03-26-2010, 04:46 PM.

Comment

It wouldn't really explain how Charlie, Ann Lucia afterlife ghost appearing/visiting Hurley while he was in hospital off the island when Jacob is alive. Jacob couldn't have that power, could he? Even then, Jacob would have appeared to alive as himself rather than some dead chick because of what he represents and that Hurley has complete confidence in him. Isabelle's ghost appeared almost straight away to Hurley as soon as Richard stormed off. Jacob seems to lead people and not chase after people.

Comment

I think Jacob has a lot of power and he would visit Hurley as Charlie or Ana Lucia since Hurley didn't know Jacob yet.

Comment

Even then, Jacob would have appeared to alive as himself rather than some dead chick because of what he represents and that Hurley has complete confidence in him.
                That's true, he could have probably just appeared as himself because Hurley was listening to him anyway. However that said, it probably wouldn't have had the same effect on Richard if Hurley told him it was Jacob standing there right beside him. I mean Richard's in love with Isabella right, not Jacob. lol Also Richard had kind of had it with Jacob by this point afterall, believed him to be a liar, etc, and probably wouldn't care what Jacob had to say. Being Isabella, on the other hand, allowed Jacob the opportunity to really pull on his original chess pawn's Richard's heartstrings via his other pawn, Hurley.

Anyway, just making a case for the possibility of it actually being Jacob in disguise. It's probably the actual dead people, but who really knows with this show.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎