Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of this episode?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of this episode?

Discuss
    10 - Welcome Back
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - We waited this long for this?
    0%

I am going with 8. It was a good episode but for some reason I though Death would have been a bigger baddie. I have a feeling hes not done yet. The fact that we didn't get to see him, just makes me wonder.

Overall though this was a strong episode, it was just missing something.

Comment

I think it was a good episode, but I do think this is just the start for Death....a little teaser to mess with their heads.

Comment

Gave it a 9. It was a really good episode, but I wanted to see Death. I agree with y'all though, I think he will be back.

I liked having a kinda Bobby-centric episode. Really gave Jim a chance to shine as an actor. And we got some great insight into his psyche!

One thing that bugged me...there was no mention of Sam drinking demon blood and using his powers! No talk about the detox! It was like it never happened. I thought they would at least mention it. Maybe it will come up in future episodes.
        Last edited by chole_fan; 03-25-2010, 07:10 PM.

Comment

I gave it a 9. It was good....but I was hoping for more.

But yey for a more Bobby centered epi!!!

Comment

Originally posted by chole_fan
            One thing that bugged me...there was no mention of Sam drinking demon blood and using his powers! No talk about the detox! It was like it never happened. I thought they would at least mention it. Maybe it will come up in future episodes.
            Is it really needed? I mean, it's probably been a month, and I doubt Sam would want to discuss over it. There is a hint of it happened though, I mean, they have been staying with Bobby since then.

And also, Dean didn't speak of him being in the hospital during the ending of "On The Head Of A Pin" and "It's a Terrible Life" during "The Monster At The End Of This Book".

Comment

9 for me it was a little disgusting but it was a good episode.

Comment

im sorry but im going with a 7 on this one. this really wasn't the best episode of the season...

Comment

9. Was a "ok" episode, wish "death" was present in the show. Love the human touch of bobby in this episode.

Comment

I too thought it was good, but I liked actually seeing the horsemen since War and Famine were done so well! I hope we see Conquest!

Comment

It was a good ep but not the best of the season. I gave it a 7.

Comment

I also gave it a 7. It wasn't bad but it wasn't great either. Just...good.

The opening sequence was pretty good. (did anyone else wonder if the dead guy rising being named Clay was a shout out to Jared? After all, he's played 2 characters named Clay, most recently in Friday the 13th.) The use of the narration from the documentary was clever.

Digger and the boys and then the Sheriff (that's the Mom from The Suite Life of Zach and Cody!) and then Bobby being recognized on the phone.

Bobby telling them there's no case but the boys going ahead anyway and then the zombie just living like a normal guy. Caught by the cops (I would have paid money to see them being run through the system. They ARE both legally dead now so when they ran their prints I wonder what the reaction was?) and then the reveal of Karen Singer (whoever did the make-up on this one did an outstanding job on the zombies' lips. All grey and blue. Very cool.

Dean and the pie (and Sam's look! So priceless!). The reveal that Death is the cause. And then Dean's insistence that Karen be taken out (I did wonder how he and Sam would have reacted if that was Papa or Mama Winchester? Or Jess?). Bobby begging the boys to "leave her be".

Karen admitting she remembers and the discussion with Dean.

Sam and the zombie woman (that scene? Ew!).

I felt so bad for the sheriff when her little boy turned. And then poor Sam had to go in there and shoot the kid? Sam's come a long way but still....(I totally flashed back to Croatoan when he let that person get away because he couldn't shoot a human).

Karen telling Bobby about the message, Bobby shooting her and then the zombies massing at Bobby's (I kinda figured he was the target).

Bobby and Dean made a good team.

Sam to the rescue! (did anyone else notice the blood splatter on the camera lens when he shot that last guy? I wonder if that was intentional?)

And then the final scenes. The mass burnings and the private cremation of Karen. And Bobby's reveal on the message (of course the demons--and likely the angels as well--are trying to take Bobby out!) and the bleakness of that final moment.

This episode really felt like the Apocalypse was real, if you take my meaning?

One thing though: I didn't care much for the directing (John Showalter) of this one. That's just a personal preference. I checked Wiki and this was his first episode of SPN so maybe that's it.

So yeah, good episode but not great. A 7.

Comment

7. I was a little disappointed with this episode, but I suppose they're trying to tease us because Death would be the most terrifying of the four horsemen. I was pretty grossed out when Sam got drooled on by that zombie, though. I seriously thought I was going to lose my dinner. XD

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎