Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Ordinary Family (ABC)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

This show sounds and looks a lot like The Incredibles.

Comment

There's no way that show will be as interesting and as good as the first season of Heroes. I'm affraid it won't be a hit. The whole "family drama" thing is totally killing it in my opinion ...

Comment

Originally posted by STFanatic
        I do hope they don't go the "Alien" reason for the powers later in the series, or at least they get to keep the instruction book
        I think the reason will be science-based - and possibly connected to the company Stephanie works for.

Comment

I think the show's focus will be more about the family dynamic than their new found abilities. It's not going to be merely how/why they received their powers, but how they maneuver normal life with these abilities. And from the promos it didn't seem like they were hiding their new skills.

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
            I think the show's focus will be more about the family dynamic than their new found abilities. It's not going to be merely how/why they received their powers, but how they maneuver normal life with these abilities. And from the promos it didn't seem like they were hiding their new skills.
            Completely agree there.

I think it's just more of a "fun" show. I do admit I'm still getting used to Chiklis in this role but I think the show has lots of potential.

The second clip was funny, reminded me a bit of Spidey when Peter first tests out his web on a rooftop

Comment

This show looks very promising and I really love Jimmy Bennett and Julie Benz. Hopefully it will be a huge hit for ABC

Comment

What else has Jimmy Bennett been in? He looks familiar but I don't know a lot about him to be honest....

Julie Benz has been an actress I've liked for a long time, ever since I watched her on a really bad sitcom that of course 14-year-old me still loved.

Comment

^^^Jimmy Bennett, for only being 14 has an impressive resume. His credits including movies such as: Star Trek, Evan Almighty, Firewall, and Anchorman just to name a few.

This show is going to be fun and much more family friendly than "Heroes" ever was. As I've stated before almost like a live-action "Incredibles" series.

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
                    ^^^Jimmy Bennett, for only being 14 has an impressive resume. His credits including movies such as: Star Trek, Evan Almighty, Firewall, and Anchorman just to name a few.

This show is going to be fun and much more family friendly than "Heroes" ever was. As I've stated before almost like a live-action "Incredibles" series.
                    I agree, I hope it keeps that "family" aspect of it. Heroes tried to become too adult and it all kind of fell apart. But I really enjoy Michael Chiklis' work, so I'll watch this.

Comment

Originally posted by KryptonSite
                      What else has Jimmy Bennett been in? He looks familiar but I don't know a lot about him to be honest....

Julie Benz has been an actress I've liked for a long time, ever since I watched her on a really bad sitcom that of course 14-year-old me still loved.
                      Julie Benz is a great actress, loved her guest appearence in Supernatural: "Faith".

You might have seen Jimmy Bennett in the Star Trek movie?
                      Last edited by Krypto_marcus; 08-14-2010, 01:08 AM.

Comment

The family aspect is what many people tuned into Smallville for the first few seasons, and what many of us have missed. If NOF can keep that vibe, I think it will be a hit for ABC.

I am disappointed that it will be shown opposite NCIS. Still, it's one of the few new shows I am looking forward to.

Comment

I'm actually more afraid of GLEE than I'm worried about NCIS. It's a really, really tough timeslot.

Comment

Originally posted by KryptonSite
                            I'm actually more afraid of GLEE than I'm worried about NCIS. It's a really, really tough timeslot.
                            And that's the reason why I love my DVR. Thank you modern technology.

Comment

Originally posted by Atomic girl
                              The family aspect is what many people tuned into Smallville for the first few seasons, and what many of us have missed. If NOF can keep that vibe, I think it will be a hit for ABC.

I am disappointed that it will be shown opposite NCIS. Still, it's one of the few new shows I am looking forward to.
                              Ditto. I wasnt expecting much from this... and I was pleasently surprised. I was expecting something more Disney Channel.

Comment

4 hours 13 minutes

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Atomic girl

ya i hate its up agianst ncis but i watch this live just cause its a new show and giving it a chance. i doubt ncis would lose any ratings. thats why i love tivo. im able to watch a million shows i normally cant watch.
                                Last edited by superhippie2000; 10-12-2010, 12:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎