Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

His name is Richard and this is his story.............

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• His name is Richard and this is his story.............

im really excited to learn about richard. something ive been wondering about since season 3.

Me too...it'll be the best ep thus far i think.

Comment

Very good episode. Loved the Richard story. Only question who was in the ship at the end of season 5? Was it the Black Rock...or another ship we haven't seen yet?

Comment

think it was the black rock. it just threw me off cause it dwas day and sunny then. maybe they goofed or maybe it was a couple hours later.

Comment

Yeah but during the day the ship was just off shore and no storm in sight. Why would Jacob wash them to shore with a Tsunami when they were already there? It's got to be another ship. Then again could be a plot-hole ah well.

Comment

ya guess we will never know.

Comment

I think a huge storm must've come up out of nowhere once day turned to night, and they'd been fighting against strong winds, and then the huge storm brought them to the Island. Those are my thoughts... But I was also quite excited to learn the truth about Richard Alpert!

Comment

Sorry I missed parts of the episode, but did they give a definite answer on how Richard remains ageless? Was the answer smokey's touch or something else?

Comment

Mmmm, I can see the following situation happening...

-The Black Rock comes near the island, Jacob and MIB watch from the shore.
                  -The Black Rock keeps sailing toward the New World, but keeps on coming upon the Island.
                  -The Tsunami picks the Black Rock up, smashes it through the statue, and into the jungle.

At least that's what I'm choosing to believe. I mean, coming on, day... night... Does it really matter? The Island does strange things. Any discontinuity I blame on the Island.

Comment

Yeah, I don't think it matters a whole lot. Sudden storms can come up on the open seas pretty easily anyway, so that's what I thought was going on. It didn't really bother me. And Angel, to answer your question, Jacob asked Richard what he wanted. Richard first said he wanted his wife back, and Jacob said he couldn't do that. He then asked Jacob to absolve him for the sin of murdering that doctor dude from the flashbacks, and Jacob said he couldn't do that either. Then Richard finally concluded that he wanted to live for ever, and Jacob said, "Now, that... that I can do," and touched him on the shoulder.

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
                      Sorry I missed parts of the episode, but did they give a definite answer on how Richard remains ageless? Was the answer smokey's touch or something else?
                      richard was talking to jacob and was like i want my wife back and jacob said no then he said but i dont want to go to hell and jacob said no then he said i mine as well live forever and jacob said well i can help with that. that was basically all we saw.

Comment

Originally posted by superhippie2000
                        richard was talking to jacob and was like i want my wife back and jacob said no then he said but i dont want to go to hell and jacob said no then he said i mine as well live forever and jacob said well i can help with that. that was basically all we saw.
                        This is why I would have preferred if the scene ran like this:

Smokey: I need your help Ricardo. I want out of this Island. All I want is to be freed.
                        Smokey: If you help me I will reunite you with Isabella.
                        Richard: What do you want me to do?
                        Smokey: Jacob has a list of potential replacements. I want you to get to them before he does. But, I warn you Ricardo it will take time and you will have plenty of time.

Something that wasn't so vague.
                        Last edited by darkphoenix21; 03-24-2010, 01:51 PM.

Comment

smokey and jacob are both similar in the way they dont explain anything to anyone they are like do this do that. i wish they would just explain something to someone at some point.

i also wonder why did jacob kick richards butt when he was going to be killed but didnt when ben killed him. i know jacob had hopes for ben but still ben didnt even come that fast at him. perhaps jacob is losing it in his acient age haha

Comment

Yeah, I wish the writers would be specific and less cryptic about certain things. We have 7 episodes left, now is the definite time to answer our burning questions as specifically as possible. For example: If Smokey and Jacob's touch is the key to how they've been manipulating everything (the crash, the survivors, the Island and Richard) show us how/why? What's so hard about that.
                            Last edited by darkphoenix21; 03-24-2010, 02:10 PM.

Comment

i think their touch is just a magic thing. cant explain magic it just is. but ya wish they would explain more but i guess they will explain everything in the last 3 episodes.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎