Collapse
No announcement yet.

Young Justice - General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

This will be the first animated show i'll watch on tv since Batman Beyond back in the day. I've seen some animated footage online and it blows my mind very well done and from the interviews. The actual Justice League will take part in the show,giving guidance to the younger characters.

Comment

it really does look fantastic. cant wait.

i also really like the reasoning behind the team being more black-ops. the fact that the JusticeLeague has achieved a sort of celebrity that is actually interfereing with their work feels very true, and frankly, realistic to me.
      Last edited by MartianRogue; 09-03-2010, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Here is an incredibly fuzzy image taken from the audience at SDCC2010 during the preview, showing most of the JusticeLeague. Found it over at TitansTower.com;

Remember this is NOT the complete roster of the League, those shown in the image are;

TOP*Superman-Batman-Flash-GLHalJordan-Aquaman-MartianManhunter-GreenArrow-RedTornado

BOTTOM*Hawkman-Zatara(Zatanna's father)-CaptainAtom-BlackCanary-GLJohnStewart-CaptainMarvel-Hawkwoman
        Last edited by MartianRogue; 09-03-2010, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Are they def calling her Hawkwoman? Wonder if that's done only to distinguish her as an adult.

It's a little strange to me that there are TWO GL's on this Justice League when there aren't any on the Young Justice team.

Comment

No i think shes still Hawkgirl.

In the comic continuity each of the Human GreenLanterns have been or are members of the JusticeLeague. And have been members at the same time on more than one occasion. So having Hal and John on the roster isn't that strange. The reason why there aren't any GL's on the YoungJustice team is because there are no teenage, or young, GL's at the moment. All four human Lanterns are adults.

Comment

Originally posted by MartianRogue
              No i think shes still Hawkgirl.
              Then why did you post that she's Hawkwoman?

In the comic continuity each of the Human GreenLanterns have been or are members of the JusticeLeague. And have been members at the same time on more than one occasion. So having Hal and John on the roster isn't that strange. The reason why there aren't any GL's on the YoungJustice team is because there are no teenage, or young, GL's at the moment. All four human Lanterns are adults.
              I am well aware of that. I, ehem, kinda know a lot about the Corps. My point was that there doesn't appear to be a storyline need for two Lanterns. If this show is about the younger heroes, and the Justice League is primarily serving in a mentor capacity, then it wouldn't seem they need to have two. Going on the basis that every character is included for a specific purpose or reason, then I don't know what the reason is for having two Lanterns.

AKA

Aquaman makes sense for Aqualad
              Green Arrow makes sense for Artemis
              Superman makes sense for Conner
              Batman makes sense for Robin
              etc...

What role will a Lantern play? And why do they need two? Just a question.
              Last edited by Backward Galaxy; 09-03-2010, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
                I am well aware of that. I, ehem, kinda know a lot about the Corps. My point was that there doesn't appear to be a storyline need for two Lanterns. If this show is about the younger heroes, and the Justice League is primarily serving in a mentor capacity, then it wouldn't seem they need to have two. Going on the basis that every character is included for a specific purpose or reason, then I don't know what the reason is for having two Lanterns.

AKA

Aquaman makes sense for Aqualad
                Green Arrow makes sense for Artemis
                Superman makes sense for Conner
                Batman makes sense for Robin
                etc...

What role will a Lantern play? And why do they need two? Just a question.
                My guess is that, unlike previous shows, they're not just showing the characters that "make sense." As an official universe of the 52, it seems like they're throwing up everyone who would be in the league, regardless of who's on Young Justice.

Comment

They have said that this is a DC Universe show, in other words they are going to showcase the as much of the DCU as possible and not only the part of it that affects the series.

And as far as me calling her Hawkwoman, thats just my prefferance. Sorry for the confusion.

so far there are confirmations on only a handful of villians, those being;
                  QueenBee
                  Mr.Freeze
                  CaptainCold
                  Icicle
                  Last edited by MartianRogue; 09-04-2010, 11:35 AM.

Comment

I wonder why Zatanna is not on the list but her dad is. I thought only she was a member of the league.

Comment

remember this isnt the prime DCU, this is Earth-16, things are similar but also have room to be different. this universe is also fairly young with superman only having been around for 10 years. and the JusticeLeague formed only a short time ago.

Comment

yeah and Batman knew Zatanna's dad, so it makes sense for him to be on there now.

Comment

some quick images taken from the ComicCon preview;

The JusticeLeague in front of their HQ; the HallOfJustice

YoungJustice w/ their leader, the new Aqualad.

YoungJustice recieving orders from Batman & RedTornado

YoungJustice at work

Comment

There's Artemis on the team, and a Speedy/Red Arrow at least recurring, but no sign of any Wonder Girl? Strange... but still it looks like it's definitely one to catch or at the very least TIVO

Comment

Not even a Donna Troy it seems.

Comment

Isn't Superman's cape usually longer? I thought it was usually close to the middle of the boots.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎