View Poll Results: What is your opinion of Lois and how has it changed?

Voters
225. You may not vote on this poll
  • Adore her! Always have and always will!

188 83.56%
  • I like her more than I used to; she's grown on me.

9 4.00%
  • I like her; I don't love her more or less than I used to.

4 1.78%
  • Meh. I've never had an opinion about her one way or another.

3 1.33%
  • I dislike her, but I don't hate her more or less than I used to.

1 0.44%
  • I dislike her more than I used to; my opinon of her has soured.

10 4.44%
  • I hate her. I always hated her, and I continue to hate her.

10 4.44%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I've always loved her in nearly every incarnation. If Lois stays close in personality to the Lois from the source material, I'll generally love her. Erica's Lois has only grown on me more and more till she supplanted Teri as my favorite Lois. But yeah, she was beyond amazing in S9.

I dont like Lois.. I Love her shes so awesome. ED is my favorite Lois Lane.

Quote Originally Posted by LaneWay04 View Post
    I dont like Lois.. I Love her shes so awesome. ED is my favorite Lois Lane.
    +1
    it's exactly what i think

i love her...She's the best Lois Lane ever...
    check this out new video for clois for season 9 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLW8LfamcEM

I normally love female characters who are strong and independent like Lois, but for some reason, I just really can't stand her. Not sure why. I will admit ED does a great job of playing the role though.

I adore Lois Lane! so so much!!! She is a best female role model. Actually in comics she is such a great female character without some kind of superpower. which is rare. She is independent, funny, iconic!!! And I love how Erica portrayed her in Smallville. She brought fun and Light in the show. Her interaction with Tom is wonderful even at the beginning when they couldn't stand each other. In season 9, they worked so well together and they are fun to watch!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLIOpleweMA I like this song!!!
    Last edited by Olila; 08-18-2010 at 03:41 AM.

I've liked Lois since season four when she showed up.

New In Town
    I think the reason why I dont like her, has as much to do with Clark...... she has NO empathy whatsoever, always thinks she knows best.
    Clark fired back in the beginning, now (in season 8 here) Clark seems to just put up with how annoying she is.
    She's bossy, she's rude I can't stand her..... or how was it he said.

I think the reason why I dont like her, has as much to do with Clark...... she has NO empathy whatsoever, always thinks she knows best.
    Clark fired back in the beginning, now (in season 8 here) Clark seems to just put up with how annoying she is.
    She's bossy, she's rude I can't stand her..... or how was it he said.
    because she has SYMPATHY
    and thats what i love about her..she's tough,strong and independent..
    two thumbs up for Erica for that she managed to be Lois Lane...
    Last edited by karen24; 08-19-2010 at 05:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by karen24 View Post
    because she has SYMPATHY
    and thats what i love about her..she's tough,strong and independent..
    two thumbs up for Erica for that she managed to be Lois Lane...
    Don't forget she's funny as hell.

Banned
    Yes

I have LOVED Lois Lane since I was a child and read about her life in my comics. When Margot Kidder played her, I loved her even more. I simply ADORE her in every way, whape, incarnation possible.

That person in SR was NOT Lois Lane. It was a pod person.

I like her more than I used to; she's grown on me.

I liked her in Season 4.

Felt she was wasted after that. That's really on the writers and Producers.

Wasn't until the end of Season 7 that I really started to love her character. Season 9 and 10 she has really, really impressed me

Adore her, she's the reason i began watching Smallville.
    I actually find it hard to believe that people could hate her, whats there to hate?

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by kitty1 View Post
    I love ED's Lois Lane. I told my husband before Clark is my crush and Lois is my idol. Before Smallville I always imagine or hoped Lois to be strong willed, funny, sarcastic, caring and beautiful and could kick some serious a$$. ED protrays all I wanted Lois to be and more. I never understood why people didn't think this wasn't the real Lois before just because she wasn't into journalism at first and Chloe is the real Lois because she was into journalism for a longer then got mad when Chloe stop wanting to be a journalist. I wanted to be in Hotel Management from 14 to 19.(even took classes) Well I got bored and decided thats not for me. Clark at first wanted just to be normal farmboy or football player. He never thought of being a great superpowered alien hero who inspires the world. Lois journey into being a great journalist is parallel to Clark's journey into being a superhero just like their realitionship being together is a journey. Also I don't understand why people think Lois is a bimbo and alcholic. How many men did she sleep with on the show. We pretty sure Oliver and maybe Grant so that is 2 in 5 years and both were pretty serious relationship especially with Oliver. Then she slept with one other guy before she came on the show. I'm guessing that one guy that was a friend of Lois I think his name was Wes they showed in one episode. So that is 3 guys in at least over 6 years. I think Oliver beat that in one years but he is a man so I guess that is ok (scarasm).As far as her being an alcholic, they showed her getting drunk I think twice. One in college which I say news flash people college kids drink and do get drunk at times. Then years later at Jimmy and Chloe's engagment party. Then she mention getting a casual beer with Clark and showed her drink I think 2 glasses of wine on the internet date in Crossfire. Boy if Lois is an acholic then me, my whole family, my neighbors, my friends must all be acholics too (scarasm again). Anyway I think Lois is a great character and sorry for the rant. I couldn't help myself.

My liking or disliking Lois is like a roller-coaster. I liked her in S4 thru S6 even though I wasn't happy about her relationship with Oliver in S6. But even so, that relationship I could understand because the PTB took the time to let it develop naturally (dating which led to love and more than likely having sex).

Then, I hated Lois in S7 because of her relationship with Grant. It was like she was carrying on an affair with a married man the way she was trying to keep it secret. The PTB never showed them going out on dates but instead, after the first couple of episodes to introduce Grant, it seemed like every time they were together all they did was make out (Grant's office, supply room, etc...). Even Lex discussed with Grant, his desire to see Lois' breast size or something to that affect. And lieing to Chloe the whole time, disgusted me. Chloe called her out on her affair and Lois never refuted Chloe's allegations. She made Chloe think she called off the relationship which in fact she never did.

And because of Lois' actions in S7, I am now ambivalent towards Lois and Clark's relationship which appears to be headed toward a wedding. Without S7, I would be happy about that. But I'm not. I blame the PTB for all of this because they had a really good actress in ED playing Lois and they didn't know how to use her during the time the Clana relationship was still being written. The Grant relationship could have been written better if it had been handled like Oliver's and not been in secret and if Grant had not been her boss. And to this day, I don't know if Lois ever knew what happened to Grant or that he was a Luthor clone. After the "Siren" episode, Grant was never mentioned again and that's probably because the PTB were hoping that everyone would forget that this arc ever happened. I never forgot and as a result my feelings toward a valid Clois relationship has been tarnished.

I think some people feel she is a bimbo because of S7. Lois herself has already admitted to having had a number of bad relationships. But by showing an example of one in S7, it left a question of how many other ones she has had in off-sccreenville.

The only reason I still watch SV is because of I think ED is terrific as Lois. I just wish the PTB had written Lois' character better.

I love ED but can't say the same about Lois.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast