View Poll Results: What is your opinion of Lois and how has it changed?

Voters
225. You may not vote on this poll
  • Adore her! Always have and always will!

188 83.56%
  • I like her more than I used to; she's grown on me.

9 4.00%
  • I like her; I don't love her more or less than I used to.

4 1.78%
  • Meh. I've never had an opinion about her one way or another.

3 1.33%
  • I dislike her, but I don't hate her more or less than I used to.

1 0.44%
  • I dislike her more than I used to; my opinon of her has soured.

10 4.44%
  • I hate her. I always hated her, and I continue to hate her.

10 4.44%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Forum Regular The Bloody Countess's Avatar
    Absolutely love her. <3333

Lois Lane's character's been written and re-written so many times in the comics, but there is something about her that continues to draw me in. It's the idea that she can hold her own even with the man she loves being a superhero that's probably the most attractive thing about her. I've never liked damsel-in-distress types because I've never been one, myself and I feel it to be rather impractical in this day and age to be helpless. She isn't all feminist, either and you can see that in the way she lets her guard down at times with Clark. She has a tough-as-nails attitude when she tackles her job but it's ultimately her love and loyalty to Clark that reveals how much of a romantic she can be.

I remember reading an arc about her supposed death once and how she managed to survive and track down the Kents when Clark had all but given up on being Clark Kent because he honestly thought she was dead. When she finally caught up with them, she was able to convince Clark not to give up that other part of himself because not only did he need it to stay connected to humanity but it was his identity as Clark Kent that made him the Superman that he was to the world. I need to get my hands on that arc again, it's been a while and my memory is rusty. Plus it had a pretty damn good Clois kiss.

A bit unrelated but the funny thing is, one of my best friends who's such a comic book geek once told me that if he were to compare me to a female character from the comicverse, I would be like Lois Lane. (his words: "you're bossy, brutally honest to a point that you've made lots of people cry, your idea of making me get over my ex was to knee me in the crotch and tell me to stop being disgusting, you never take no for an answer, you're crude with your jokes, you can't help but have the last word all the time, you don't allow people to rescue you and go off doing things by yourself...". I was about ready to kill him but he laughed and said that he'd jump off a bridge if I suddenly did a 180 on him and wear frills and become generally helpless. Talk about backhanded compliments. XD)
    Last edited by The Bloody Countess; 03-14-2010 at 12:43 AM.

I've always enjoyed Lois Lane. She's been a great addition to the show and its progression over the years. However, this season she's been under the spotlight for too long, and this Clois relationship as them as a couple has really made me rethink my opinion of her. I think the season started out promising with her, but in episodes like Roulette, Absolute Justice, and possibly even Warrior -- a lot of her stuff seemed forced to me; she didn't have to be there. I think the episode jump has really killed the character for me; so I'm hoping next season she goes back to her limited 13-15 because she's not needed for 22.

In all honesty, and IMO, the Lois/Clark build up was wonderful. The little hints, the little clues to the future of their relationship has been great. But them together, NOW, its like too much. Its not interesting. Its sucking screentime. And I really don't like Lois when it comes around to the Clois stuff.

So overall Yes I like Lois, but my opinion of her has decresed.
    No I don't like the Clois relationship.

So ... yeah.

Banned
    Of course. What's not to love?

I have a question on Lois Lane's backround. Did Smallville writers come up with the idea on Lois being a daughter of a 3 star General or was it taken from the comics? I don't remember in the comics saying what her dad did for a living and I thought Terri H's Lois was a daughter of a doctor. Also Lois having a Black Belt was that ever mention in the comics? I think I remember Terri's Lois did know some martial art movies but I don't think she said she was a black belt. When I use to read the comics a lot I don't really remember saying much about Lois's backround. I kinda curious how much Smallville took from the comic's on Lois backround and how much they made up.

Lois' modern age background is the daughter of a general. I remember an interview with one of the writers where they said her dad was a general and she really didn't get that she wasn't one too.

Forum Regular The Bloody Countess's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kitty1 View Post
    I have a question on Lois Lane's backround. Did Smallville writers come up with the idea on Lois being a daughter of a 3 star General or was it taken from the comics? I don't remember in the comics saying what her dad did for a living and I thought Terri H's Lois was a daughter of a doctor. Also Lois having a Black Belt was that ever mention in the comics? I think I remember Terri's Lois did know some martial art movies but I don't think she said she was a black belt. When I use to read the comics a lot I don't really remember saying much about Lois's backround. I kinda curious how much Smallville took from the comic's on Lois backround and how much they made up.
    Her background was fleshed out in the comics and some arcs have actually tackled the relationship she has with her father. She's the daughter of a general who had trained her to be tough because he was disappointed that he didn't have any sons and Lois resented him for it and their relationship became really strained later on. From what I remember, although Lois had endured some of the training in boot camp, she veered away from what her father tried to enforce on her and went into journalism. And Lucy was the one who took it upon herself to try and be the son that General Lane never had.

Posting Pro
    I always thought that Lois had some of the best lines on Smallville which endeared me to her immensely. I have to say that there were times when she got on my nerves which had nothing to do with her being or not a strong woman. She's grown on me since season 8, I think loving Clark has "softened" her up a bit without making her soft.

Quote Originally Posted by kitty1 View Post
    Actually Lois in the Early Comics was a farmer's daughter. Post Crisis Lois has been established as a general's daughter. Here's a link to the DC Databse. Read Up.

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Lois_Lane

Quote Originally Posted by Iconic Couples Fan View Post
    Actually Lois in the Early Comics was a farmer's daughter. Post Crisis Lois has been established as a general's daughter. Here's a link to the DC Databse. Read Up.

Right. they also had a similar background in the Superman: Doomsday animated movie, where she is an airforce brat instead.

Banned
    I love Lois Lane. She's my favorite character this season.

Quote Originally Posted by herod View Post
    of course. What's not to love?

exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by Vergon6 View Post
    Right. they also had a similar background in the Superman: Doomsday animated movie, where she is an airforce brat instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iconic Couples Fan View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Aficionado View Post
    I always thought that Lois had some of the best lines on Smallville which endeared me to her immensely. I have to say that there were times when she got on my nerves which had nothing to do with her being or not a strong woman. She's grown on me since season 8, I think loving Clark has "softened" her up a bit without making her soft.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bloody Countess View Post
    Her background was fleshed out in the comics and some arcs have actually tackled the relationship she has with her father. She's the daughter of a general who had trained her to be tough because he was disappointed that he didn't have any sons and Lois resented him for it and their relationship became really strained later on. From what I remember, although Lois had endured some of the training in boot camp, she veered away from what her father tried to enforce on her and went into journalism. And Lucy was the one who took it upon herself to try and be the son that General Lane never had.
    Thanks everyone for answering my question on Lois's backround. I hope we get an episode next season on more of Lois's backround like flashback scenes(everyone else got one). It would be cute to see a little Lois's being all sassy.

Custom Title
    Love her.

Adore her! Always have and always will!

Want her!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast