View Poll Results: What is your opinion of Lois and how has it changed?

Voters
225. You may not vote on this poll
  • Adore her! Always have and always will!

188 83.56%
  • I like her more than I used to; she's grown on me.

9 4.00%
  • I like her; I don't love her more or less than I used to.

4 1.78%
  • Meh. I've never had an opinion about her one way or another.

3 1.33%
  • I dislike her, but I don't hate her more or less than I used to.

1 0.44%
  • I dislike her more than I used to; my opinon of her has soured.

10 4.44%
  • I hate her. I always hated her, and I continue to hate her.

10 4.44%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I voted adore her! I should have voted that I like her more than I used to. I always liked Lois but... I didn't really like the writing for her near the end of season 4 and into season 5. I could tell they were trying to figure out what to do with Lois. So that's what I hated, not the character. I have always loved her dynamic with Clark. She's fun and energetic and just delightful. I probably wouldn't be watching the show right now if Lois wasn't there. Lois and Clark pulled me out of my Season 8 depression. LOL!

ADORE her plus 10!

I've always loved the Lois Lane character in all variances that I've seen her. Always.

She is the archetype woman that I most closely identify with, that I can see in other characters in literature and film and am inspired by.

I love Superman, but for me, there is so much more to love when there's also Lois Lane.

Quote Originally Posted by CloisShipper View Post
    Seriously, I don't understand how anyone can't love Lois Lane let alone hate her!
    Oh, I can. I think she's a character you tend to either love or hate. She's definitely a character who's not everyone's cup of tea - either in the comics, the movies, or on TV.

I guess that's part of why I love her so much. Like Lois, I'm not everyone's cup of tea myself. (Also like Lois, this fact doesn't bother me.) I can relate!

Wellington, New Zealand - and proud of it!
    Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
    She is the archetype woman that I most closely identify with, that I can see in other characters in literature and film and am inspired by.
    Me too. A strong take-no-prisoners female who has a soft vulnerable center that she protects fiercely, she'll do anything for the people she loves and is always willing to be everyone else's shoulder to lean on, it takes a very special guy to get her to lean on him so it's always very rewarding to ship this character archetype because if the writers can come up with a guy who she can respect and be vulnerable with then he has to be an awesome character too - well provided the writers get it right (which they sooooo have this season).

Quote Originally Posted by Jade4813 View Post
    Oh, I can. I think she's a character you tend to either love or hate. She's definitely a character who's not everyone's cup of tea - either in the comics, the movies, or on TV.

I guess that's part of why I love her so much. Like Lois, I'm not everyone's cup of tea myself. (Also like Lois, this fact doesn't bother me.) I can relate!

I guess you do have a point there and as a Lois supporter, I'm probably biased lol.

I do like those kinds of women characters. Strong, independent and fiesty

She's also the only character on the show to never have annoyed me at some point!

She grew on me. This season, she might even be my favorite character; I know I always look forward to her scenes! It's tough to say who I like more, Clark or Lois. They've both become a lot more likable & admirable lately.

I never disliked Lois, and I always admired ED as an actress, but I have to say in all honesty that back when, she really didn't have much of a role on the show. She had her cute moments, but she was mostly kept in the background. When they started giving her more to do, she just blossomed!

<<< So much so that I had to change my avatar!
    Last edited by actaeon; 03-13-2010 at 11:17 AM.

Hate solves nothing A Flawed Fashion's Avatar
    Very much so. I've loved her character since season 4.

I love Lois and Erica D.

I love ED's Lois Lane. I told my husband before Clark is my crush and Lois is my idol. Before Smallville I always imagine or hoped Lois to be strong willed, funny, sarcastic, caring and beautiful and could kick some serious a$$. ED protrays all I wanted Lois to be and more. I never understood why people didn't think this wasn't the real Lois before just because she wasn't into journalism at first and Chloe is the real Lois because she was into journalism for a longer then got mad when Chloe stop wanting to be a journalist. I wanted to be in Hotel Management from 14 to 19.(even took classes) Well I got bored and decided thats not for me. Clark at first wanted just to be normal farmboy or football player. He never thought of being a great superpowered alien hero who inspires the world. Lois journey into being a great journalist is parallel to Clark's journey into being a superhero just like their realitionship being together is a journey. Also I don't understand why people think Lois is a bimbo and alcholic. How many men did she sleep with on the show. We pretty sure Oliver and maybe Grant so that is 2 in 5 years and both were pretty serious relationship especially with Oliver. Then she slept with one other guy before she came on the show. I'm guessing that one guy that was a friend of Lois I think his name was Wes they showed in one episode. So that is 3 guys in at least over 6 years. I think Oliver beat that in one years but he is a man so I guess that is ok (scarasm).As far as her being an alcholic, they showed her getting drunk I think twice. One in college which I say news flash people college kids drink and do get drunk at times. Then years later at Jimmy and Chloe's engagment party. Then she mention getting a casual beer with Clark and showed her drink I think 2 glasses of wine on the internet date in Crossfire. Boy if Lois is an acholic then me, my whole family, my neighbors, my friends must all be acholics too (scarasm again). Anyway I think Lois is a great character and sorry for the rant. I couldn't help myself.

Freaking LOVE her!

Honestly, what is not to love? ED played her to a T.

since S4 Lois has been super awesome !

Banned
    Supposedly she is supposed to be Chloe*Lana combined. I cant help but sometimes wish she was a little more Lana (the good things) and a little less Chloe.

Lois rocks my world.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyanara View Post
    Supposedly she is supposed to be Chloe*Lana combined. I cant help but sometimes wish she was a little more Lana (the good things) and a little less Chloe.
    No, Lois is Lois.

Lana Lang was basically a proto-Lois in the comics. She was created after Lois and in many comics actually resembles her very closely (including working for a newspaper and trying to figure out Superman's identity).

Chloe Sullivan is also a proto-Lois from the comics. When AlMiles did not receive permission to bring in ILL, they created a character that had some of Lois Lane's most important traits so that the Lois/Superman dynamic could still be found in Smallville.

So both Lana and Chloe are proto-Lois characters.

The original character is Lois Lane. So Lois isn't Chloe and Lana combined. Lois is Lois.

However, when you reduce Lana to the love interest and Chloe to the reporter then that does equal Lois who is BOTH the love interest and the reporter in the Superman mythology. In that very simplistic way, Lana (love interest) + Chloe (reporter) = Lois (whole package), and I believe the writers/producers who have been quoted to say something similar meant just that.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast