Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do You Like Chloe? (Updated for S9)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Despite some of the things that have happened over the years, I absolutely LOVE her! She is my all-time favorite female character, even surpassing long-time favorites Anne Shirley and Jo March. Her green fetish, leather wearing husband is my all-time favorite male character, surpassing long-time favorite Gilbert Blythe.

Comment

Yes I do, always.
      Last edited by indy1jones2; 12-01-2011, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Chloe is one of my top 5 favorite smallville characters <3 She is amazing. I can never understand Chloe hate lol

Comment

I didn't like her in season 9. She was arrogant and so self righteous at times and that time she knocked out Lois in the factory so she wouldn't see her and Tess working together to find Clark[ episode where Metallo returns to save Clark from the red kryp], that was the boiling point for me with Chloe, lol. I liked her in all of the other seasons, though.

Comment

Always have and always will love her!!!

Comment

I like her, but I will be honest: I used to love her before season 7, and now I just "like" her. I found that from season 7 the writers lost the ability to write her well. The only reason I kept liking her was Allison Mack. She is just so nice, and has such a bright smile that the character "borrows" it from her. But if it was any other actress playing her, I think she would have become unsupportable in my eyes. The writing for her character from season 7 on was really, really bad.

Comment

It truely is fascinating to watch well loved characters evolve and grow over time, seasons, episodes or whatever. I've always been a Chloe fan. That'll never change.

Comment

I have loved Chloe character and probably always will. Sure she has had her ups and downs but she always managed set herself straight again. I also think she is the most well developed of the characters in Smallville.

Comment

I loved Chloe from the 3rd ep of Smallville I saw (I usually reserve judgment on any character for the first few episodes so that I can have some time to decide whether or not I like them), and I have never stopped loving her. I haven't always agreed with everything she's done in the series, but after Sleeper, she could have started a nuclear war and laid waste to the entire planet, and I still would love her.

Comment

I love Chloe!!! I haven't always liked or agreed with her choices, but nothing she's ever done or ever could do will change how I feel about her. She's one of my favorite fictional characters of all time.

Comment

When I first started watching SV in season 4 she didn't inspire any strong feelings of hate or love. in most episodes I somewhat liked her. Except for some moments in seasons 6 or 7 which made me annoyed with her, I kept on mildly liking her. Then the combination of Turbulence, Eternal, and Beast made me dislike her and every episode until Masquerade made me dislike her more.
                        After the series ended I got the DVDs of all the seasons and starting watching from season 1. Since I liked Chloe longer than other people I always assumed that if I had watched from the beginning I would have liked Chloe, so I went in with that preconceived idea and actively looked for reasons to like Chloe. It worked in season 1, but once I got to season 2 I realized that no matter how much I wanted to like Chloe I couldn't make myself. I found myself disliking Chloe in most of seasons 2 and 3. When my re-watch came to the seasons that I had seen and liked Chloe in before, the background of seasons 2&3 made me like her less. The moments in season 6&7 that mildly annoyed me in the past became scenes that I disliked her in. And re-watching Turbulence through Beacon my dislike shifted to hate. I would have a whole lot more like for Chloe if I had never re-watched the seasons that I missed.

Comment

Chloe didn't bug me too much in the first few seasons, then I started disliking her after seeing her in every episode of the show. Her personality just annoys me and she tries way too hard to be funny. I don't get why she's in all the seasons when she didn't even exist in the comics and thus is an irrelevant character. Why would they give Clark a best friend who doesn't exist in the comics?

Her bs hacking ability is one thing, but then the writers decided to give her healing powers which was an asspull to me. The way that she healed Lois by crying was so bad. They stole that from Harry Potter! I heard that she was originally intended to be in only one season, yet she somehow ended up being in all ten. I felt bad for her being treated like dirt by Clark in Season 2, that's it.

Pete was originally supposed to be Clark's best friend, why the writers decided to change that is beyond me.
                          Last edited by Sexy Kal; 05-18-2014, 06:29 PM.

Comment

I liked Chloe, except in season 9. She was too stuck up, know it all, on her high horse, and arrogant in that season. But, I sort of gave her a pass on that because being sucked in Watchtower really took a toll on her. BUT.........I did really feel for her when she opened up to Clark very late in that season on how she didn't want to turn back on Watchtower and how she wanted a life outside of that.

Comment

Chloe Sullivan is one of those characters that will always stay with me. Long before Smallville was ever over, I knew that she was the reason why I was watching and now that the series is over, it is her character that IMO has had the biggest influence and left the biggest impression. Not just in how I see things but in the TV and Movie landscape. I recognize her in new characters and still see her name pop up in articles and lists.

Chloe was driven, curious, passionate, independent, positive, resourceful and at the same time lonely and hurting and private and flawed and real. She grew and matured on screen. She became stronger and more determined and her loyalty unwavering and her commitment to doing the right thing came to her more naturally than it ever did to Clark. Her abilities and her fearlessness grew as did her compassion and empathy but she remained such a real character to me since at the same time she retained her insecurities and personal fears. She was the shoulder everyone could lean on but she never trusted that she could lean on others or at least for very long.

She was one of the best listeners out there and the keeper of all secrets and yet she rarely shared her secrets or spoke of her wants and needs.

And that determination to fix her problems on her own came with some massive consequences. I do not feel Chloe alone is to blame for the Doomsday mess. Frankly I think she was left with only bad options and did the best anyone could. I wish Clark had not been so unreliable at that time but that's almost beside the point.

After basically losing everything, she still found the strength to rebuild all that had been lost and to make it better than it had been before and to give even more of herself - to the point of almost losing herself. She pulled the fractured team back together. She pretty much with no thanks or even a kind word from Clark kept saving him and the world again and again. Had the future not been altered, she would have been mankind's sole reason for having a shot to overthrow their dictators. I know some disliked Chloe in season 9, but I found her heartbreaking and yet inspiring. (The one I disliked was Clark - no, dislike doesn't begin to cover it. I have never hated any character as much as I have him at that time)

She sacrificed her whole documented history and any comfort of friends and family at the behest of a helmet in order to be there to save the heroes that would save the world. AND she also finally found the strength to go back after her dreams. That determination, loyalty, heart and intelligence is what makes her so memorable and to me makes Chloe Anne Sullivan a super hero in her own right.

Comment

Originally posted by BkWurm1
                                Chloe Sullivan is one of those characters that will always stay with me. Long before Smallville was ever over, I knew that she was the reason why I was watching and now that the series is over, it is her character that IMO has had the biggest influence and left the biggest impression. Not just in how I see things but in the TV and Movie landscape. I recognize her in new characters and still see her name pop up in articles and lists.

Chloe was driven, curious, passionate, independent, positive, resourceful and at the same time lonely and hurting and private and flawed and real. She grew and matured on screen. She became stronger and more determined and her loyalty unwavering and her commitment to doing the right thing came to her more naturally than it ever did to Clark. Her abilities and her fearlessness grew as did her compassion and empathy but she remained such a real character to me since at the same time she retained her insecurities and personal fears. She was the shoulder everyone could lean on but she never trusted that she could lean on others or at least for very long.

She was one of the best listeners out there and the keeper of all secrets and yet she rarely shared her secrets or spoke of her wants and needs.

And that determination to fix her problems on her own came with some massive consequences. I do not feel Chloe alone is to blame for the Doomsday mess. Frankly I think she was left with only bad options and did the best anyone could. I wish Clark had not been so unreliable at that time but that's almost beside the point.

After basically losing everything, she still found the strength to rebuild all that had been lost and to make it better than it had been before and to give even more of herself - to the point of almost losing herself. She pulled the fractured team back together. She pretty much with no thanks or even a kind word from Clark kept saving him and the world again and again. Had the future not been altered, she would have been mankind's sole reason for having a shot to overthrow their dictators. I know some disliked Chloe in season 9, but I found her heartbreaking and yet inspiring. (The one I disliked was Clark - no, dislike doesn't begin to cover it. I have never hated any character as much as I have him at that time)

She sacrificed her whole documented history and any comfort of friends and family at the behest of a helmet in order to be there to save the heroes that would save the world. AND she also finally found the strength to go back after her dreams. That determination, loyalty, heart and intelligence is what makes her so memorable and to me makes Chloe Anne Sullivan a super hero in her own right.
                                Yes to everything you said Bkwurm1.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎