No announcement yet.

Let's bring Lana back for the finale

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ssa
    It always seemed to me that they pissed on a fairy tale and replaced it with Bold and the Beautiful.

Yeah and Prince Charming should have eneded up with Cinderella's evil step sister.

Which is bad writing. A prequel shouldn't undermine the eventual outcome. After all these years of Clark sniffing after Lana like she's heroin I have a hard time buying Clois. It seems to me that they only brought Lois in to try and make clana look epic. Kinda like "see Clark's so in love with Lana that he barely notices the woman he's destined to be with."
    You are so right about the bad writing. From S4 to S7, the writing of Clana was bad.
    All I kept thinking was how many ways can they keep beating a dead horse. I not the only one who thought that even TW was not happy with it. He thought Clana should end.

You are also right about Clark barely noticeing Lois. They introduced Lois in S4, his soulmate and future wife, and he barely notices she's around. In fact when Lois is around, they can barely tolerate each other.

In S4, Lois is Clark's senior prom date, he doesn't even notice how beautiful she looks in her prom gown and then leaves her in the middle of the floor to go and dance with Lana.

So Lana leaves in S7. And for the first 10 episodes of S8 tptb push Clois hard. Then Lana returns for the AoS and Clark forgets that Lois is even alive and starts chasing after Lana again. In fact Lana does not return to Smallville for Clark, she came back for the suit.

Now in S9 tptb are again pushing Clois. They are trying to align with the mythos but with 7 seasons of Clana behind them they have alot of bad writing to overcome.
    Last edited by supercatmom; 03-11-2010, 08:48 AM.

Comment

• Why would Kristin Kruek possibly consider coming back in to belittle her character? She's got work and I'm sure she'll get more after the Chuck stunt.

The only "open" issue for me is why she is not around when a crisis comes. A casual comment from Ollie to Chloe:

OLLIE: "Have you considered contacting Lana as she herself is an anti-Kandorian?"
      CHLOE: "Lana dropped off the grid shortly after she left Smallville, I think she was spending some time in Asia but she told me point blank that she considers herself a threat to Clark and his enemies might try to exploit that so she is staying as far away from SV as possible --- I don't even have a way to contact her. I'm afraid Lana is just not an option."

And that's it. It reinforces Lana doesn't show up for crises on purpose. I don't think anything more needs to be said about the Clana relationship. They showed Clark moving on and that's all that is necessary IMO.

Comment

• Lana should come back for an episode, so that she can die of kryptonite-poisoning.

Comment

• Nah, I'd rather poke my eyes out with the sharp end of a pencil then go through yet another part of the never ending Clana Saga.

Besides as a Clark AND a Clois fan, I would be highly horrified if this was to happen. No way would Clark be as immature as to go and cheat on Lois with Lana. This would also completely defeat the point of the season 9 CLOIS arc and the fact that Clark had shoved Lana's picture away!!!

I have no problems with Lana returning for a final appearance in the finale, just as long as there's no romance or lingering feelings between her and Clark.

That relationship died long ago.

----- Added 46 Seconds later -----

Originally posted by Kneel before Zod
          Lana should come back for an episode, so that she can die of kryptonite-poisoning.
          That's harsh!

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by amberdawn
          How about not.
          Last edited by CloisShipper; 03-11-2010, 12:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• Originally posted by Kneel before Zod
            Lana should come back for an episode, so that she can die of kryptonite-poisoning.
            How about she just dies of kryptonite poisoning, without the coming back part.

Comment

• One thing that they have never shown in this series that they had in the comics - Lana, jealous of Lois - If they write it well, it could be a great dynamic - if they write it well and give the actresses something to work with

Peace

Comment

• Originally posted by markbot
                Yeah, I would be so delighted if the writers did it this way.....Clark as the putz, Lana as the hero.
                I'm sure the Clana fans over in the CW Lounge would mark out for that. They worship her like she is the 2nd coming and no one else matters.

----- Added 11 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by pizzahead2490
                Not even KK liked Lana
                Try telling that to the Clana fans. Especially the ones over in the CW Lounge.
                Last edited by BigT; 03-14-2010, 05:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• If they bring back Lana, something bad would happen to my wrists

Comment

• Originally posted by supercatmom
                    You are so right about the bad writing. From S4 to S7, the writing of Clana was bad.
                    All I kept thinking was how many ways can they keep beating a dead horse. I not the only one who thought that even TW was not happy with it. He thought Clana should end.

You are also right about Clark barely noticeing Lois. They introduced Lois in S4, his soulmate and future wife, and he barely notices she's around. In fact when Lois is around, they can barely tolerate each other.

In S4, Lois is Clark's senior prom date, he doesn't even notice how beautiful she looks in her prom gown and then leaves her in the middle of the floor to go and dance with Lana.

So Lana leaves in S7. And for the first 10 episodes of S8 tptb push Clois hard. Then Lana returns for the AoS and Clark forgets that Lois is even alive and starts chasing after Lana again. In fact Lana does not return to Smallville for Clark, she came back for the suit.

Now in S9 tptb are again pushing Clois. They are trying to align with the mythos but with 7 seasons of Clana behind them they have alot of bad writing to overcome.
                    That is still a problem for me; plus I do not trust these writers not to do what they did in season 8. I am still having a hard time believing Lois isn't convenient and only remembering Pandora and how Clark shut down when he thought she was dead when he didn't do that when he thought Lana was dead keeps me going.

Comment

• How about we don't bring Lana back and forget she even exists?! I like that plan much better!!! lol

Comment

• um no and start another clark and lana fiasco the first part was okay i guess now how i would imagine it but I could kind of see it a little bit

but how the 2nd part should have been would they would have been content in their love love (at last clark anyways, but it would be nice for lana to be happy too) and lana could be a bystander in the clark and lois wedding, and there would be no hard feelings between anyone. lana was clark's first love, and she will always have a special place, but lois is the (future) romantic lady of clark

Comment

• I would like lana coming back, ending like normal person ( without powers) and a proper ending with Clark. The last real proper ending for the Clana fans. They can do whatever they wnat then with Clois. Everyone knows they are forcing us with clois bc of his destiny with her... sometimes i wish they wouldnt be so stricted to comics...

Comment

• Originally posted by Exedore
                            Sometime in S10 we should get a news report that Gorilla Grodd went on the rampage recently and one of his first victims was SVLana. Turns out she married Grodd and joined him in his world conquest plans. Then she got bored and sent him a 'Dear John' video. Needless to say Grodd was angry. Very angry. Also, the report should tell us that Lana had "some sort of power suit" which was neutralized by Grodd using technology from Gorilla City. There you go, SVLana's arc all wrapped up.

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn
                              It always seemed to me that they pissed on a fairy tale and replaced it with Bold and the Beautiful.

Yeah and Prince Charming should have ended up with Cinderella's evil step sister.

Which is bad writing. A prequel shouldn't undermine the eventual outcome. After all these years of Clark sniffing after Lana like she's heroin I have a hard time buying Clois. It seems to me that they only brought Lois in to try and make clana look epic. Kinda like "see Clark's so in love with Lana that he barely notices the woman he's destined to be with."
                              If you re watch all the seasons after S4. They tell use this all time by dropping anvil after anvil after anvil!

It got annoying after awhile, but was always great. Very clever. Very well done.
                              Last edited by Simba_Muffy; 03-10-2011, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎