Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does Smokey have to do so he can go home?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does Smokey have to do so he can go home?

What do you think Smokey has to do to leave the island?

My guess is he's planning to make a giant raft out of everyone's dead bodies.

Or he needs all his followers to inhale him, and then when they arrive to their off-island destination, exhale. heh

But seriously, I think Smokey is after yet another loophole designed to "trick" the island or to cheat the "rules" he is apparently bound to, as I talk about here: http://www.kryptonsite.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=140045

Comment

ya i can see that hahaha

ya smokey getting off the island is really confusing have no clue where its going. he probably has to kill all the candidates cause with no one to follow jacob then there is no need for the island or something.

Comment

Originally posted by superhippie2000
        he probably has to kill all the candidates cause with no one to follow jacob then there is no need for the island or something.
        I don't think Smokey is physically able to kill the candidates, I think they are under the "protection" of the island. Just as Smokey was not able to kill Jacob, without finding a loophole first (ie. a trick). So stands to reason Smokey getting off the island is all about tricking the island once again.

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderman
          My guess is he's planning to make a giant raft out of everyone's dead bodies.
          This. Ha ha.

Comment

I think he has to open a black hole doorway so he can escape the Island and this universe return to some kind of anti-matter universe. All the references to Stephen Hawking have got to mean something.

Comment

Originally posted by Pal-El
              This. Ha ha.
              And knowing him he'd probably be singing "Row row row your boat" all the way home, right. lol

Originally posted by FotW
              I think he has to open a black hole doorway so he can escape the Island and this universe return to some kind of anti-matter universe. All the references to Stephen Hawking have got to mean something.
              Do you think he's from some sort of anti-matter universe because he's a cloud of smoke? Or for another reason? As we have to factor in that Smokey told Sawyer "I used to be a man, just like you". Implying his original or natural form was human. I suppose it could be that his form was human in the alternate reality/universe he came from, and that he cannot exist in that form here for whatever reason? But my feeling is that Smokey was a man with a past in our universe.

Comment

Yes, he was a man a long time ago in his world or universe but here he can only be a smoke monster unless he magically or through some techno-science-magic copies the matter of dead person's body. Jacob is the same kind of being (not a Smoke Monster but he comes from the same universe) only Jacob wants to stay in this universe the rest of his life because he "loves us" and thinks we can make progress as a species and if they were to open the doorway it would destroy our planet. If not I want to see a show like this! lol I still don't have a theory on why he would need candidates to replace him unless he's dying and Smokey is immortal.
                Last edited by FotW; 03-13-2010, 06:11 AM.

Comment

Yes, he was a man a long time ago in his world or universe but here he can only be a smoke monster unless he magically or through some techno-science-magic copies the matter of dead person's body. Jacob is the same kind of being (not a Smoke Monster but he comes from the same universe) only Jacob wants to stay in this universe the rest of his life because he "loves us" and thinks we can make progress as a species and if they were to open the doorway it would destroy our planet. If not I want to see a show like this! lol I still don't have a theory on why he would need candidates to replace him unless he's dying and Smokey is immortal.
                  That's a definite possibility. Instead of going the more typical/predictable "aliens from another planet" route, they can go with beings from another dimension (which ends up being pretty much the same thing). Which would be similar to Fringe, where I suspect the Observers to be something similar.

And they can make it so that the whole Egyptian gods thing can be explained as beings from another universe being seen as gods to ancient humans. Pretty much the same thing as if it were aliens (like stuff done on Stargate/Star Trek and other sci-fi).

And the whole ghosts thing they can connect to the idea of people's "souls" transcending to another dimension/reality after they die in this reality.

If not I want to see a show like this! lol
                  You can -- it's called Fringe. heh
                  Last edited by Xanderman; 03-15-2010, 12:08 AM.

Comment

Almost, but FRINGE seems different there's not really any "magic" and so far there are no godlike entities like the "Q" from Star Trek. Just more advanced or different science and tech. Alias had technology that seemed like magic but no parallel worlds , oh well can't have it all. lol
                    They could go directly to the Egyptian gods thing and skip sci-fi all together. Then maybe Smokey is a form of Anubis and to go home he to the Underworld he needs to collect millions of human souls.
                    Last edited by FotW; 03-23-2010, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎