No announcement yet.

Shaw - is Sarah really into him?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaw - is Sarah really into him?

Sarah seems to be sending out mixed messages. Do you think she really is interested in Shaw or is he just a convenient person to turn to in her time of distress?

Sarah + Shaw = Saw

Shaw + Sam = Sham

cause that's what their relationship is....

Comment

Gosh, I hope she's not!
      You can see by the look in her eyes, while the sniper was pointing the gun at her head, that she's totally in love with Chuck - because, yes, she was obviously looking at him!

And the ending... I don't know... I just hope that's just how she's dealing with the fact that she's not able to get over Chuck, just as much as Chuck will never be able to get over her.

Even Jeff said that!!!

Plus... I really hope Sam is not her real name I want her real name to be Sarah

Comment

I've read some saying that Sarah kissing Shaw at the end reflected badly on her character. But I don't see it that way. It seems to me that Shaw is safe for Sarah. He's a spy, he's capable, he's a professional. She doesn't have to watch out for him the way she has always cared for Chuck. She doesn't love him - so she isn't emotional invested in Shaw. So if you're going to talk to someone, it's a natural to talk to a safe person. The fact that she's kissing him, just seems to be emotional neediness rather than true affection.

Comment

I forget, how long ago did Shaw's girlfriend died? For all we know they could be on rebounds. It's not to say that they don't have chemistry, they do, but it's happened so quickly. It seems like every relationship on this show (expect for Ellie/Devon) has been rushed.

Comment

I thought Shaw's wife died like 5 yrs ago. Could be wrong though

Something to remember about Sarah's emotional state right now: she hasn't just grown apart from Chuck personally, but she's also lost a connection to everything around Chuck. She lost the family gatherings at the dinner table with Ellie, Awesome, and Morgan. And it's not like she can open up to Casey. So at her most emotional time, Shaw's the only person she can vent to.

I do think she's into him enough to give it a chance, but I think her emotional state and lack of outlets for those emotions have pushed her towards Shaw more quickly

Comment

I have a feeling that Shaw was married several years ago, and his wife was killed by the Ring long before he was involved in this particular assignment. As for Sarah's involvement, I think she's physically attracted to Shaw, but she's really either just fooling herself into thinking that this relationship could work since she thinks she can't be with Chuck, or she's using him to tide her over and to meet her emotional needs as others pointed out, until Chuck (at some point) might finally step up and get back together with her.

Comment

Originally posted by closetclana
                I've read some saying that Sarah kissing Shaw at the end reflected badly on her character. But I don't see it that way. It seems to me that Shaw is safe for Sarah. He's a spy, he's capable, he's a professional. She doesn't have to watch out for him the way she has always cared for Chuck. She doesn't love him - so she isn't emotional invested in Shaw. So if you're going to talk to someone, it's a natural to talk to a safe person. The fact that she's kissing him, just seems to be emotional neediness rather than true affection.
                I agree with you there. I think Shaw is safe for Sarah, someone she can open up to in the state she's in right now.

BTW i like your screen name

Comment

She loves Chuck. Shaw is a passing moment is all. Shaw is not safe, someone will uncover what's his agenda.

Comment

Not safe that way! Safe like in Sarah feels like she's safe to open up to him emotionally when she feels like she's losing Chuck.

In short, i think Sarah is using Shaw as a crutch to help her get over Chuck. Which obviously won't work.

Comment

Originally posted by Kryptonian250
                      She loves Chuck. Shaw is a passing moment is all. Shaw is not safe, someone will uncover what's his agenda.
                      Whether Shaw is truly safe or not remains to be seen. But you can't deny that Sarah views Shaw as a very capable spy. She doesn't feel like she need to protect him. He is also emotionally safe because she doesn't love him. There is no risk in telling him things that he might reject her or judge her. So in these ways she perceives him as safe.

Personally, I don't think Shaw is a Ring Agent, but it's true that we don't know if he has other motives.

Originally posted by Daddylion
                      BTW i like your screen name
                      Thanks! It's caused me grief around here over the years. But you know, back in season 4, I really loved Clark and Lana.

Comment

Thanks! It's caused me grief around here over the years. But you know, back in season 4, I really loved Clark and Lana.
                        well, chuck 'em. Clark and Lana were so cute in season 5 for a while. The fact that Lana became the way she was is the fault of the writers and producers, not the fans who enjoyed Clark and Lana.

Comment

He is also emotionally safe because she doesn't love him. There is no risk in telling him things that he might reject her or judge her. So in these ways she perceives him as safe.

Personally, I don't think Shaw is a Ring Agent, but it's true that we don't know if he has other motives.
                          Yeah, that's what i mean too when i say safe. In terms of other motivations, it all still remains to be seen even if him being a Ring agent is a bit unlikely.

Yeah i can imagine...

But it's a bit too offtopic and dangerous to be discussing this here and now i think... Shipping is SRS BIZNESS!!! afterall... as anyone who's been on k-site for longer than a week would know... or anywhere else where there's fandom discussions for that matter. And bringing a controversial ship from another fandom to this thread might not be such a good idea.

Comment

Its like Hannah, Chuck doesn't love her, it was sex is all. He loves Sarah.

Comment

It wasn't all sex! Chuck's not that type of guy. He thought he could make it work with the secrets and get over Sarah but he couldn't.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎