Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Chuck have broken up with Hannah?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hansioux
    about the Chuck being a jerk comments, i agree with Smeryer. Chuck and Hannah are caught in an impossible situation. Chuck has to lie to Hannah one way or another if they were to continue with their relationship.

While the timing of the breakup is awful. But the alternative is faking and lying through a dinner with Hannah and her parents. It might have been the smarter thing to do, I am not sure if that would be nicer, more tactful or "more moral" than just breaking it off then.

Since Chuck and Hannah are stuck in the impossible situation, I wouldn't say one of them is wrong. Sometimes there is just no right or wrong with love. Hannah is right about telling Chuck off, because from her perspective Chuck is totally a jerk. But from Chuck's perspective, he is trying to do the right thing.

My only beef is I don't know if Chuck decided to break off because he doesn't want to lie to Hannah like he told her, or he realized he still had feelings for Sarah, or both.

As mentioned before, the Ellie speech that inspired him to break it off is about his feelings for Sarah. That did not come up in his breakup with Hannah. Instead Chuck pulled out the secret and lies speech.

Either Ellie wasn't right, and Chuck just realized about the lies part because of the similarity, or Ellie was right, and Chuck didn't tell the whole truth in the breakup.

That last possibility is the only reason why Chuck would seem like a jerk to me.
    Closest choice for me was Ellie was right.
    I think he realized it when he overheard the conversation between Sarah and Shaw in the hotel room. That was his wake up call and the Ellie talk was just a confirmation. Sometimes it can be very hard to discover your own changes especially without a moral compass. He just realized he was about to lose himself to the lies in the spy world.

PS. Ofc Hannah was right to be mad at him for breaking up like that. But that’s from her point of view. And by the way KK was great and I am going to miss her in Chuck.

Comment

Originally posted by PNy
      PS. Ofc Hannah was right to be mad at him for breaking up like that. But that’s from her point of view. And by the way KK was great and I am going to miss her in Chuck.
      KK deserves her own show. How about Charms Re-imagined, with Grace Park as Prue, Summer Glau as Piper and KK as Phoebe...

Comment

Originally posted by PNy
        Closest choice for me was Ellie was right.
        I think he realized it when he overheard the conversation between Sarah and Shaw in the hotel room. That was his wake up call and the Ellie talk was just a confirmation. Sometimes it can be very hard to discover your own changes especially without a moral compass. He just realized he was about to lose himself to the lies in the spy world.

Agree with everything you said, especially the bolded. Watching it a second time, Chuck was really shaken during the whole Shaw/Sarah conversation about Chuck changing, and the name drop was icing on the cake.

Thought this was kind of an interesting look at Chuck's thoughts while looking through the sniper scope. It's nothing groundbreaking, but it's from nbc.com/Chuck in the "Spy Notes" section:
        PERSONAL: SARAH - OR SHOULD I SAY SAM
        What's in a name? A lot. Sam? Her real name is Sam? After all this time, I finally know. Sitting there looking through a sniper scope, it wasn't watching Sarah kiss Shaw that was the worst part, although that was deeply unpleasant. The worst of part, is that she told him her real name, before she told me. Watching her say those words to Shaw really hurt. But sometimes through pain comes clarity...

Comment

Chose "Other".

I think Chuck needs to stop fighting his feelings and just get together with Casey! (kidding! I always saw him more with Bryce actually--that's my Slash OTP for this show!)

No, I think a break up with Hannah was fairly inevitable but I think he did it all wrong and chose the wrong time.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎