Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This Lois must not be a very good investigative journalist...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Lois must not be a very good investigative journalist...

otherwise, she would have discovered that Clark's friend Zod was chairman and CEO of RAO Inc.

In Crossfire, Zod reveals that he is Chairman and CEO of RAO Inc. during Tess's 3D presentation of the solar towers

In Disciple, Lois meets Zod, and Zod indicates he is a friend of Clark's

In Persuasion, we see Lois and Clark investigating the site of the RAO towers, and Lois suspects they are up to something (indicating she is doing an investigation) - I guess she just forgot to check on who the CEO is...

In Conspiracy, Zod tells Lois he is an FBI man...she investigates and finds out he is not listed with any of the agencies...but still does not make the connection to RAO

That's some hard nosed investigating there Lois...

...and this coming from a big fan of ED's portrayal of Lois Lane

Come on writers...gotta be a little less sloppy

Tess is the head of a corporation and is a Checkmate agent. Oliver Queen is the head of a corporation and is Green Arrow.

I don't think it would be too out there for Lois to think Zod could be the head of corporation who also works as an FBI agent.

Comment

I'm pretty sure she knows.

Comment

Originally posted by ginevrakent
        Tess is the head of a corporation and is a Checkmate agent. Oliver Queen is the head of a corporation and is Green Arrow.

I don't think it would be too out there for Lois to think Zod could be the head of corporation who also works as an FBI agent.

It would not raise any eyebrows that he is partnered with Tess Mercer, is a CEO of a company which is working on a project she claims is suspicious, and claims to be a good friend of her boyfriend?

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Iluvgreen
        I'm pretty sure she knows.

She must be holding back quite a bit of information...

I can't make heads or tails of her...does she know, or is she being written as clueless regarding all things Clark?
        Last edited by ClubXerxes; 02-27-2010, 10:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by ClubXerxes
          It would not raise any eyebrows that he is partnered with Tess Mercer, is a CEO of a company which is working on a project she claims is suspicious, and claims to be a good friend of her boyfriend?
          You've just described Oliver Queen. Oliver is partnering with Tess and is one of Lois and Clark's friends.

I can't make heads or tails of her...does she know, or is she being written as clueless regarding all things Clark?
          Yeah, I can't tell if she knows either. I'd be surprised if she didn't.

Comment

otherwise, she would have discovered that Clark's friend Zod was chairman and CEO of RAO Inc.

In Crossfire, Zod reveals that he is Chairman and CEO of RAO Inc. during Tess's 3D presentation of the solar towers

In Persuasion, we see Lois and Clark investigating the site of the RAO towers, and Lois suspects they are up to something (indicating she is doing an investigation) - I guess she just forgot to check on who the CEO is...

In Conspiracy, Zod tells Lois he is an FBI man...she investigates and finds out he is not listed with any of the agencies...but still does not make the connection to RAO

yeah you would think the name alone would stand out - hi I am fbi guy zod smith

Comment

You've just described Oliver Queen. Oliver is partnering with Tess and is one of Lois and Clark's friends.
              Exactly...she continuously implies that Clark is a simple (though admirable) farm boy who could never possibly make the front page, yet he is good friends with billionaire Oliver Queen (whom Lois also knows is the Green Arrow), was friends with Lex Luthor and Lionel Luthor (after his spiritual awakening), and who seems to pique the interest of another corporate big wig, Tess Mercer?

If all this does not cause her to ask questions, she must not be a very good journalist, is clouded by her feelings for him, or is keeping all this hidden (which to me, does not do anything for the story).

Personally, I would like to see some indication she is perplexed by this all...at least so we know she is on the ball...

Comment

Exactly...she continuously implies that Clark is a simple (though admirable) farm boy who could never possibly make the front page, yet he is good friends with billionaire Oliver Queen (whom Lois also knows is the Green Arrow), was friends with Lex Luthor and Lionel Luthor (after his spiritual awakening), and who seems to pique the interest of another corporate big wig, Tess Mercer?

If all this does not cause her to ask questions, she must not be a very good journalist, is clouded by her feelings for him, or is keeping all this hidden (which to me, does not do anything for the story).

Personally, I would like to see some indication she is perplexed by this all...at least so we know she is on the ball...
                thank you

Comment

I get were you're coming from but darling sorry to break it to you but this is smallville and TV. The writers want you to believe whatever story they come up with. Good/Bad it's up to the viewer to accept it.

Trying to make sense of this is like trying to make sense that there are superheroes some aliens others meta humans and some billionaire play boys who have arrows and bat fetishes and like to patrol the streets to keep our society safe
                  Last edited by SuperJoeLL; 02-27-2010, 10:48 AM.

Comment

i have to agree somewhat, i do feel she's not as savvy then her counterparts, as she should be. This is what the complaints usually around Lois boil down to, they give her more screentime but have no clue what to do with her character. Quite frankly Zod is looking like Lois and Clark combined with his wit and digging for information. Somebody needs to write these characters with the same type of tenacity. I think to see Lois doing investigating rather assume she's investigating like checkmate. But I can say Lois was suspicious of Zod, and did investigate him, He suspicions are on point, but linking the connections is a bit rusty, or raw

Comment

You mean, the way she asked if Clark was keeping something from her about the towers in Persuasion or how she intimated Clark had a secret at the end of Conspiracy right after he was talking about Zod? Lois has been asking questions and staying curious.

Heck, Lois Lane herself works for an institution owned by Tess Mercer, and has herself piqued the interest of said Tess Mercer. Lois knows that Clark ix friends with Oliver because she brought Oliver into his life. Lois understands Clark's history with Lex because she researched it toward the end of S7 and even asked Clark about it in Arctic.

If she still likes to tease him by referring to him as a simple farm boy that's part of her being flirtatious, and not necessarily her genuine opinion. Even in Idol it was revealed that Lois thinks that Clark hides things from her and that deep down he's a hero, but she respects his privacy.
                      Thank you. Perfect post.

Comment

Too much tea with the Dalai Lama

Comment

Originally posted by Ella
                          Thank you. Perfect post.
                          Aw, thank you. Now I feel silly for deleting it, though. I wanted to change some things, but I guess it was fine the way it was.

Comment

Originally posted by Ella
                            Thank you. Perfect post.
                            yeah if there is one thing that smallville has taught us is that a healthy relationship is built on lies.

Comment

Originally posted by bluewolv1970
                              yeah if there is one thing that smallville has taught us is that a healthy relationship is built on lies.
                              No one said anything about the Lois and Clark relationship being perfect or a hundred percent healthy. However, I will say that relationships are strong when there's a foundation of trust. Lois and Clark are keeping secrets from each other for reasons other than lack of trust in one another.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎