Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am angry on Chloe's behalf because...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

THAT is the problem. Chloe has NOT talked to Clark or even intimated that she is going through some emotional/mental problem.
    We saw Clark at the end of Metallo talking to Chloe about what he had gone through. SHE could have in turn told him how she was feeling but she didn't do that. So the opportunity to communicate for Chloe was there in at least that one moment, but Chloe didn't take the opportunity.
    But one doesn't need a formal meeting with a friend to let them know that something is wrong. Any time is the right time to let someone know that you are going through a rough situation that you are afraid may be taking you to a dangerous place.
    The responsibility of dealing with her emotiona/mental problems falls on CHLOE and Chloe only. Clark may be her friend but he's not responsible for her and he cannot help Chloe if she doesn't open up or let him know what's going on.
    How does he know that? Chloe didn't have a problem gonig to Clark and BURDENING him by asking him to reverse time to save Jimmy. How is that less burdensome then Chloe simply asking Clark to hear her out as she explains her emotional situation?
    How does that make any sense, though? Chloe is an adult and you're saying that she cannot take responsibility for her own emotional well being and instead must wait for Clark to approach her? Why?
    Chloe has closed herself off and is not showing herself to be in need and has not open herself up to Clark in terms of what is bothering her right now. Clark cannot be expected to "fix" a problem that he has no idea exists!
    Read the above. Clark cannot fix a problem he's unaware above.
    However, I'd also add that the flip side of what you have stated is that Clark has been there for Chloe every single time she needed him in the past with the exception of the Doomsday episode (which is when he was going through his OWN crisis).
    So why can't Chloe go to Clark and rationalize that just because Clark let her down (in her mind) *one* time that it does not erase the countless time he has NOT let her down and has been there for him?
    He cut her off AND the entire world for a few weeks. That's it. He's not cutting Chloe out of his life right now.
    For the same reason that Clark will always have Chloe's back. Because that's what friends do and Clark still views Chloe as a friend.
    You and I are obviusly watching two different shows, because Chloe and Clark are currently at best business associates! And frankly given the climate in that particular firm, it's a matter of time before the said cooperation goes belly up!
    She doesn't consider him a friend, doesn't trust him with personal nor business details, and the same can be said for him!
    Frankly the best thing for those two would be to hire an intermediary, someone they both trust, who will run between them whenever they have a job for eachother!
    Cause the fact that Clark ignored Chloe's many calls in Absolute Justice and only reacted upon finding out she was in the hospital is prof he realy want's to have as little as possible to do with her! And as for her, when ever Clark is in the room her forced, fake smile, can win her the 'how much longer can I keep up this face without getting a cramp?' award! They can't work with each other, they are done, broken!

Comment

Originally posted by Ella
      THAT is the problem. Chloe has NOT talked to Clark or even intimated that she is going through some emotional/mental problem.
      If my best friends husband just died and she wasn't dealing with it, i'd talk to her about it. Especially if i noticed a change in her.

Comment

Can someone remember that Jimbo was a good friend to everyone and Oliver left just like Clark did? And He could yes go back in time to save Jimbo just as he could just play HG Wells and go back in time to save Lois as well? Or Lex? Or Lana? Can someone just bear in mind that Chloe Sullivan could just deal with his death in another way. She is not the only widow on Earth and people who have lost that loved ones just dont go all dark about it? (only if you are a sith)

I just dont understand why this madness, I just cant put up with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hopefulsuicide
          If my best friends husband just died and she wasn't dealing with it, i'd talk to her about it. Especially if i noticed a change in her.
          And if I was going through an emotional problem, I'd seek help, either from those closest to me or from a professional. I've done BOTH in my personal life. I took responsibility for my own mental health (just as I would for my own physical health) and this was before I was even 18!

It's common sense that if you are having a problem and it is overwhelming you that you need to seek help. You can't just wait for help to come to you, especially if you are going out of your way to pretend that you're okay.

Lois did the exact same thing in Idol. She was having strange dreams, visions really, that would come to her in the oddest times and she didn't just wait around for someone to notice that something was happening to her. She went to a psychiatrist and tried to work through her problems.

Lois took responsibility for her mental and emotional health, was proactive, and sought out help.

Why can't Chloe do the same?

Comment

One can't notice the change if one doesn't take the time to notice the change! We came back to the same problem!
            Clark's list: deal with Zod and the Kandorians, chasing the story of the day with Lois for the DP, chasing the villain of the day, romancing Lois, thinking about how to succefuly court Lois, do a quick look over Metropolis at night to make sure no one is getting violated, robbed etc., do some chores at the farm, go to sleep!
            Then do the same thing again the next day!
            Granted some of the things on his list are very important, like Zod, Kandorians, chasing the villain of the day, some less like thinking about how to romance a person, I mean how hard can kan it be, but knowing him he is probably writing thesis on it! So that can be postponed!
            Point is if he really wanted to he would have founded the time to talk to Chloe!

Comment

First episode of the season, when Chloe asked Clark to go back and save him, she said 'he did because of what WE did'.

I think the whole doomsday situation was so complicated, with basically everyone betraying everyone, that it had a massive effect on how the characters felt about each other and what they now feel they owe each other... which is apparently not a lot.

I personally don't think Jimmy's death is Clark's fault. I'm not even sure why he does. But I do think that Chloe's state of mind right now IS his fault, and a result of having no one to help her.

No, she didn't need Clark's shoulder to grieve. But when you've just lost your husband, are you honestly saying that being abandonded by everyone else straight after isn't going to push you over the edge?
              That's precisely the problem, she coupled her responsibility. Clark has aways taken the the blame alone, his responsibility in any situation, he doesn't excuse his behavior. Clark is not responsible for Jimmy's death, however. In truth, Chloe set off the chain of events that lead to his death. Chloe blames Clark because he won't reverse the tragedy. Chloe has to live with her actions and rather then take full responsibility, she splits it and after Clark refuses she puts everything on him, holding it against him.

Chloe side is considered but there are other sides to the story other then Chloe's pain, tragedy can either make or break you, and has broken Chloe. Clark wasn't around anyone, it wasn't just Chloe, it was everyone. And he had a right to, Chloe took Davis over Clark, and Oliver's gang betrayed and tried to kill him with kryptonite poisoning. Look at the reason why Clark left, there was nothing keeping him there.

This chlark interaction never existed on an equal level, it was always seen from Chloe's POV, but Clark clearly choses other Splinter rings a bell.

After Dooms. this is when Clark decides to focus on his training and not allowing the distraction to get in his way. Chloe in his ear holding him back from doing what was necessary P-Zone. Whereas tragedy, pain, it has strengthen Clark losing Jor-el, thinking he lost Lois, Jimmy. Chloe wasn't the only one suffering and Chloe's marriage was a farce in the end, she chose Davis over Jimmy and Clark, words mean nothing when it comes from someone who has a silver-tongue and has a hidden truth between two lies. I think Clark felt abandoned with the krypto-laced arrows in his backside.

Past is the past, now it's time Chloe started moving on from the jimmy death crutch as an excuse to her behavior. I'm not seeing any love lost in WT love nest, where Jimmy and Davis died in while Chollie were getting their jollies on.

Chloe has buried her guilt.
              Last edited by Dominicus; 02-27-2010, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ella
                And if I was going through an emotional problem, I'd seek help, either from those closest to me or from a professional. I've done BOTH in my personal life. I took responsibility for my own mental health (just as I would for my own physical health) and this was before I was even 18!

It's common sense that if you are having a problem and it is overwhelming you that you need to seek help. You can't just wait for help to come to you, especially if you are going out of your way to pretend that you're okay.

Lois did the exact same thing in Idol. She was having strange dreams, visions really, that would come to her in the oddest times and she didn't just wait around for someone to notice that something was happening to her. She went to a psychiatrist and tried to work through her problems.

Lois took responsibility for her mental and emotional health, was proactive, and sought out help.

Why can't Chloe do the same?
                Many people do it, and eventually fall into depression, go crazy or commit suicide. It might be common sense for you, but there are persons who prefer to keep to themselves. Do you really think Chloe could have gone to a professional to explain truthfully what happened to her??

Comment

But you're not Clark, and Clark has been this way with Chloe for a long time, only this time Chloe gave up.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicus
                    But you're not Clark, and Clark has been this way with Chloe for a long time, only this time Chloe gave up.
                    About time... Clark will never deserve her friendship.

Comment

Please Clark has been to good of a friend to Chloe and she no longer deserves to be in his inner circle. She is too untrustwothy with everything and Im sure Clark is regrettng telling her the truth about him. What Chloe did last season clearly affected Clark as what Oliver and the others did. The last people around him who he trusted with his secret and they all betrayed him. I wish Clark would finally tell them and stop holding everything in. If Chloe is so damaged then Clark and Oliver should just have her committed.

Comment

Originally posted by cara410
                        About time... Clark will never deserve her friendship.
                        Agreed no one deserve Chloe's kinda friendship nowadays. I'm quite certain Chloe has sold Clark's nudey pics and getting paid off that as well as Ollie sex-tapes from the belt buckle

Comment

Originally posted by Dyanara
                          Please Clark has been to good of a friend to Chloe and she no longer deserves to be in his inner circle. She is too untrustwothy with everything and Im sure Clark is regrettng telling her the truth about him. What Chloe did last season clearly affected Clark as what Oliver and the others did. The last people around him who he trusted with his secret and they all betrayed him. I wish Clark would finally tell them and stop holding everything in. If Chloe is so damaged then Clark and Oliver should just have her committed.
                          Oh really? Wow, abandoning her after the death of her husband was really being too good of a friend to her. Untrustworthy, because she's been sacrificing herself to keep his secret or because she disagrees with Clark's methods and tells him about it? Oh and right, Clark should just have her committed because after all, he has the right to make such decisions... just like when he decided to make her forget about his secret... Clark is such a good friend. I really want my BFF to be just like him.

Comment

My only point I have to make is Chloe has always had Kryptonite in a box somewhere and she loves/worships clark. She's never afraid to use it if she thinks he is breaking his moral code or some how out of his mind. So the fact she started getting a stash of wepaons together for people who hold us little earthlings in such a lowly manner with different values and different moral code I totally understand it.

She's keeps lots of things from Clark because he is who he is. I'm sure she hasn't mentioned her booty call from Oliver either to him. Not surprised.

Comment

Oh so it's not ok for Clark to have Chloe psychologically evaluated but it is ok for Chloe to spy on him, interfere with his work and condemn 2 dozen people for what they might possibly do? Ok I got it now Chloe is the only person on this show who should play God.
                              And if you want to keep blaming Clark for leaving Chloe after Jimmy died fine, have fun with that. In that situation Clark should have been a man and told Chloe what she did was wrong and he could no longer trust her instead of just leaving. The only thing Chloe apologist have up their sleeve is that Clark wasn't Chloe's shoulder to cry on after Jimmy. Some people think it was wrong others forgive him because everyone was going through something after that. But that one possible mistake does not excuse Chloe blaming Clark for everything when it was actually her fault, nor does it excuse spying on him, lying to him about his father and what he was doing in his house and trying to dictate to him how to deal with his people. She is doing the same hint she did last season and it is going to end badly yet again!

Comment

Originally posted by nickyjean_1
                                My only point I have to make is Chloe has always had Kryptonite in a box somewhere and she loves/worships clark. She's never afraid to use it if she thinks he is breaking his moral code or some how out of his mind. So the fact she started getting a stash of wepaons together for people who hold us little earthlings in such a lowly manner with different values and different moral code I totally understand it.

She's keeps lots of things from Clark because he is who he is. I'm sure she hasn't mentioned her booty call from Oliver either to him. Not surprised.
                                Not all the Kandorians/Kryptonians think of the 'little earthlings' as lower to them. The point is that Clark is helping these Kandorians change and become a part of society. Chloe has breached every kind of privacy anyone had and broken any kind of trust she has with Clark especially, once he finds out.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎