Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stop showing flight....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm pretty sure the "No flights, no tights" rule is Tom Welling's. The writers are doing the best they can to make up for that. I loved Zod's new revelation, he would have known what he was capable of having grown up with the knowledge of what a yellow sun does, so I'm not surprised to see him fly straight off (and it was obvious what Clark's blood would do).
    The recent string of episodes have been great. IMO.

Comment

Actually it doesn't matter who can fly as way back in season 1 they explained why Clark doesn't fly.

The episode where he was floating above his bed I don't remember what it was they said but the ability to fly was shown and the reason was something personal.

Comment

This whole delay of clark flying is so lame. By the time it actually happens it wont even be exciting or cool. Its past its prime.

Comment

Originally posted by Netvalar
          Actually it doesn't matter who can fly as way back in season 1 they explained why Clark doesn't fly.

The episode where he was floating above his bed I don't remember what it was they said but the ability to fly was shown and the reason was something personal.
          They said, that he (the 14 year old Clark Kent) had a fear of heights. At the time, I didn't have much of a problem with that. Because he was a kid and the fear, could've caused a mental block inside his mind (preventing conscious flight). But as the show went on (and Clark got older), it became rather obvious that Clark wasn't really afraid of heights. And now, this season, they've given the reason why he still can't fly, is because he still thinks of himself as human (not fully accepting his Kryptonian heritage).. Which has got to be, the lamest excuse, I have ever heard!

Comment

Remember Jor-El told him he has the ability, it's all in his head really. Also Clark has been growing up under the yellow and the way SV tell his story, this has affect all his abilities in several ways.

Comment

It bothers me a little.

Comment

Clark should just fly already.

Comment

At this point, him not flying is basically a huge slap-in-the-face to the fans.

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Iluvgreen
                  Clark should just fly already.
                  see user name
                  Last edited by FlyAlreadyDamnit; 02-27-2010, 11:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I totally agree.

Comment

I like that he has not developed the ability yet. If he did have it, I think he would be too "complete" already when the show is about his transitioning to the entity that he will become. We in the audience know this major fact of his life that he does not know yet, and that constant teasing and anticipation has the effect (on some of us) of bringing us back for more. If he was flying already, there would be less to look forward to.

It is not right or wrong to want him to fly or not, just a matter of preference. I like that they are holding off on this one and not giving it to him already.

Brian

Comment

Just wait until Martha returns, may not need a plane to "fly" home. It's beyond stupid that Clark doesn't fly when all the other kryptonians can.

Comment

Originally posted by vyperman7
                          Is anyone else sick of seeing flying on the show? It is just a constant reminder that Clark still can't fly and it starting to get rather annoying. Especially when you consider what season we are in and how old he is. Why do the writers continue to think we can live vicariously through other characters flying? WE WANT TO SEE CLARK FLY.

I say flight should be banned from the show until Clark himself flies. Anyone else agree? With every character that flies, it makes Clark's eventual flight less and less special because of how common it is becoming.
                          Yeah, I'm sick of other kryptonians flying.

Unfortunately, I don't see them devoting a whole episode to flight. I do however see Clark having to gain flight to be on even footing with Zod.

Comment

Yea, they better give him the ability before the end of this season and not drag it into the next one. It's beyond stupid and there's no reason for it to not be there. If they still need somethign to drag out into him becmoing superman then drag out the costume thing. They wrote themselves into that corner they can spend a season trying to wiggle back out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by vyperman7
                              With every character that flies, it makes Clark's eventual flight less and less special because of how common it is becoming.
                              Not true in my opinion. The difference is that it actually will be Clark flying, and that should make the experience so much bigger than any other character's flight, since he will become Superman.

Comment

Originally posted by uncaged
                                Yea, they better give him the ability before the end of this season and not drag it into the next one. It's beyond stupid and there's no reason for it to not be there. If they still need somethign to drag out into him becmoing superman then drag out the costume thing. They wrote themselves into that corner they can spend a season trying to wiggle back out of it.
                                I just hope flight isn't shown in the penultimate episode of the series. I want Clark to be experimenting with flight and how he comes to terms with using flight and a red-blue Superman costume together.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎