No announcement yet.

Stop showing flight....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop showing flight....

Is anyone else sick of seeing flying on the show? It is just a constant reminder that Clark still can't fly and it starting to get rather annoying. Especially when you consider what season we are in and how old he is. Why do the writers continue to think we can live vicariously through other characters flying? WE WANT TO SEE CLARK FLY.

I say flight should be banned from the show until Clark himself flies. Anyone else agree? With every character that flies, it makes Clark's eventual flight less and less special because of how common it is becoming.

I do. I was saying right after Clark saved Zod that if Zod flies I'm going to be angry. All these people are flying around, and some aren't even Kryptonian, and none are Clark Kent. The show's budget doesn't seem to be the problem now. Plus, if Clark has to accept his Kryptonian heritage in order to fly, what better time than now, with many of them on Earth?

Comment

Originally posted by Jairid47
      I do. I was saying right after Clark saved Zod that if Zod flies I'm going to be angry. All these people are flying around, and some aren't even Kryptonian, and none are Clark Kent. The show's budget doesn't seem to be the problem now. Plus, if Clark has to accept his Kryptonian heritage in order to fly, what better time than now, with many of them on Earth?
      Exactly. The only logical reason they could have given would be budgetary constraints. However, with often they show flight on the show, that doesn't really hold any water. Plus, I completely agree with you in regards to the heritage issue.

What I am MOST WORRIED about, is that we won't get a whole episode dedicated to it like we did with X-Ray, Heat, Whisper, etc.. It will just be shoved into some random episode.

Comment

sadly the writers have made it clear that clark won't fly till the series finale if then but I to found it annoying that zod was yet another person to fly before clark who should be flying by now since he was floating in the second episode and has been on earth for years while zod has only just got his powers now after being hear for a few months yet zod fly first.

Comment

Yeah, I'm not sure what I would prefer, him just taking off and then the episode ending or him taking time to master it.

Comment

If we ever get flight it will most likely be shoved in a random scene in the series finale and instead of everyone happy to see clark fly everyone will say about freakin time.

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

As others have said in other threads clark most likely wont fly till lois is thrown off a building and he is on the other side of metropolis and the only way for him to save her is to take flight and then he will catch her moments before she hits the ground. And of course is will be compared to him saving her in idol when she was thrown off the daily planet. And sadly this won't happen till the series finale.
            Last edited by krpto; 02-27-2010, 01:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by krpto
              sadly the writers have made it clear that clark won't fly till the series finale
              I am hoping the change their mind because flight deserves its OWN EPISODE just like X-Ray, Heat, Whisper, etc.. If it saved for the season finale, it will be rushed over because of how much they will have to pack in.

Plus, having all these characters fly feels like the writers are shoving our faces in the fact that Clark still can't fly. I know they think it will make people happy because of the flight, but if anything it just makes me angrier.

Comment

I think I will probably get chills if part of the Superman theme is played when he does it.

Comment

I agree this is just another person who can fly not named Clark. I just want to see Clark fly already and I don't see why he just can't fly now. Just because he learns how to fly doesn't mean he has to become Superman!

Comment

I wouldn't mind the flight so much if other Kryptonians were missing a powers or two. It's taken Clark years to develop all of his abilities. Zod should, like, not have Super Speed or Heat Vision or something. And if the other Kryptonians get their powers, have some without Flight or Super Strength or Super Breath. To even it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin24
                      Just because he learns how to fly doesn't mean he has to become Superman!
                      Exactly!! It is just another one of his powers. Flight doesn't make him Superman. His personality and strong morals do. His powers just help to get his point across. In every other version, Clark always took flight when turned 18. To me it makes no sense how he ended up being in a relationship with Lois Lane before he knows how to fly. Talk about doing things ass backwards..LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Mr._Action
                        I wouldn't mind the flight so much if other Kryptonians were missing a powers or two. It's taken Clark years to develop all of his abilities. Zod should, like, not have Super Speed or Heat Vision or something. And if the other Kryptonians get their powers, have some without Flight or Super Strength or Super Breath. To even it out.
                        Tess better stop inviting Zod into her bathtub now, or else he might accidentally boil her alive with his heat vision.

----- Added 44 Seconds later -----

If he doesn't know about it.
                        Last edited by Jairid47; 02-27-2010, 01:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

It doesn't bother me. SV is setting it up for some dramatic moment where Clark would just suddenly fly and tower above everything.

Comment

I already tweeted the smallville writers that in bugged me that zod took flight before clark.

Comment

I would be fine with him not flying if they upgraded his suit to something like the Green Arrow's but with the Superman colors. No cape yet. Not until flight.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎