Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clark's biggest backstabber is....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am torn between Chloe and Lana, I do have to say Lana did not know the whole truth about Clark like Chloe does and I do think she sort of looked better in the end, she sacrificed herself for him.......hope nobody kills me for saying that lol anyway as I see it now, Chloe is back-stabbing him big time, since last season and now she doesn't even use the whole "protecting him" excuse anymore, I really hate how she talks about him, I don't think she cares for him anymore as she once did

Comment

• Lex Luthor: Like I said earlier I never really considered Lex a friend, I am probably one of the only people who did not like the Lex*Clark "friendship" at the beginning of this show. Even though they were friends to an extent it was more of a shallow friendship, a highschool friendship that did not go as deep as what Clark had with Chloe and Pete.
      Brainiac: Again he was a villain from the get go so how can I label him as the biggest backstabber. To avoid being backstabbed by Braniac you would probably not want to turn your back towards him. Braniac is a villain to all Kryptonians, probably to all people who aren't braniac.
      Tess Mercer: She was written as a villain from the beginning so she is in the same category as Braniac, dont trust the villain and you won't get stabbed in the back. I do not know if she killed Jor-El, if she was lying in Persuassion or not. If she was lying that would put her higher on the totem pole. But Clark has never trusted her enough for her to be in real competition with the others.
      Chloe Sullivan: As of right now she is at the top of my list. I just finished watching some season 3 dvds and her actions with Lionel were the beginning of her two-faced ways. When she doesnt get what she wants she betrays you. It also shows her unwillingness to take responsibility for her actions. Her actions in Season 8 added up with what she has done in season 9 really paint her as a back stabber. She is jealous, vindictive, immature, self centered, and thinks she is better than she really is. She is not a hero and she is supposed to help the heroes, not try to dictate to them what they should be doing, and if they dont do what she wants go behind their backs and ruin their plans. She stole from Oliver has been spying on Oliver, Bart, Dinah, Clark etc! She is like on George Bush overload.
      Lana Lang: The only thing I can think she backstabbed Clark was when she got with Lex and preferred Bizarro to him. Unlike Chloe some of the sneaky things Lana did did not overly concern Clark; they were not necessarily his business as opposed to Doomsday and Zod/Kandorians which is his responsibility. Lana spying on Lex and torturing Lionel was bad but she wasnt backstabbing Clark by doing it, just showing herself to be a psycho! Yes she lied to Clark about what she was doing but I dont see it as being as bad as what Chloe has done because again, Lana's lying didnt have to do with things that were solely Clark's responsibility.
      Oliver Queen: The literal backstabber. Using Kryptonite against Clark in that way was disgusting and I still havent forgiven him for it. Oliver is a backstabber but I do think he is the biggest.
      Lionel Luthor: He was a villain, then he was on Clark's side then he wanted to control Clark, I think but in the end he stayed loyal to him. He could be argued as being a backstabber but not as bad as Chloe or even Oliver. Because again Clark did not give him 100% trust.
      Major Zod: Don't know yet
      Jor-El: What exactly did Jor-El do to backstab Clark? I mean this in all seriousness because I can't remember anything.

Comment

• ^^ Nice points and I agree with you! The worst thing about Chloe is her attitude towards Clark and her selfrightous judgement. She blames Clark fo everything that happened in s8 and it seems she does not seem to notice her huge part in it (and she had a major part in it), I can't stan her attitude and her character at all right now. And sometimes I'm wondering whether the writers want to convince us that Clark has got to be always wrong on this show to finally become Superman in the future (Lana case and now Chloe's case) or is it just the attitude of these characters that push everything on Clark? Too bad it rarely is resolved on Smallville. I want to see that Clark is right not Chloe or whoever!
        Last edited by ox007; 03-10-2010, 01:02 AM.

Comment

• When someone sets cameras up in my house and bugs my phone and constantly go behind my back, I'd consider them a backstabber.

Comment

• def. Chloe. it doesn't even seem like they're friends anymore. she just doesn't "trust" him anymore. makes me sad

~K

Comment

• Maybe Clark is the biggest backstabber to others. The difference is that Clark is usually seen to be right and the others are seen to be wrong in different degrees. Or that is the perception. He does things different than the others and it irk them because sometimes he doesn't reveal the reason why he does them. Which I think in some cases, strains the relationship dynamics. Maybe Clark is the one everyone is annoyed at for not trust them and so they resort in doing nutty things since Clark does not let them in the loop.

. . .Just to put a different but maybe twisted perspective on things from their POV not by Clark's POV. . . .

Comment

• I'd have to say Chloe.

Comment

• Originally posted by WhoRU?
                  Maybe Clark is the biggest backstabber to others. The difference is that Clark is usually seen to be right and the others are seen to be wrong in different degrees. Or that is the perception. He does things different than the others and it irk them because sometimes he doesn't reveal the reason why he does them. Which I think in some cases, strains the relationship dynamics. Maybe Clark is the one everyone is annoyed at for not trust them and so they resort in doing nutty things since Clark does not let them in the loop.

. . .Just to put a different but maybe twisted perspective on things from their POV not by Clark's POV. . . .
                  I see what you are trying to do but, sorry I can’t see Clark as a backstabber. He maybe did some self created hasty decisions in the past (what probably lead up to Pandora) but now he is very up front with everything he does and that’s not backstabbing.
                  I can’t help feeling that Oliver and Chloe are jealous of Clark and his powers. They both know they are very dependant of Clark while he could manage without them. Clark isn’t exactly replaceable but Chloe and Oliver are. Maybe that’s why Chloe tries to convince her surroundings and not least herself that she is a very important part in the hero world.

Comment

• Since SV started, in different ways, several characters backstabbled or 'disappointed' clark in some way. It usually happens after they are into secret. Lionel locked him in a k-cell, Oliver is the literal backstabber and now Chloe is working behind his back.

I find it interesting that most characters, after being introduced to Clark's secret, feel that they have rights over his person. It's as if they are intoxicated by Clark's secret and abilities. They go to extremes to protect him (Lionel, Chloe) as if Clark were an idiotic child that can't take care of himself. Decisions are made for him, usually very unwise ones and his opinion about matters that should only concern Clark are made without consulting him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bizarrolover
                      Since SV started, in different ways, several characters backstabbled or 'disappointed' clark in some way. It usually happens after they are into secret. Lionel locked him in a k-cell, Oliver is the literal backstabber and now Chloe is working behind his back.

I find it interesting that most characters, after being introduced to Clark's secret, feel that they have rights over his person. It's as if they are intoxicated by Clark's secret and abilities. They go to extremes to protect him (Lionel, Chloe) as if Clark were an idiotic child that can't take care of himself. Decisions are made for him, usually very unwise ones and his opinion about matters that should only concern Clark are made without consulting him.
                      I'm with you all the way there Bizzaro. Accept with Lana ofc. She thought she owned him all the time.
                      And at the end Clark ends up cleaning up the mess anyway.

PS. Question is will this go on or will there be a time when everyone start to fully trust Clark's judgement?
                      Last edited by PNy; 03-19-2010, 08:41 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bizarrolover
                        Since SV started, in different ways, several characters backstabbled or 'disappointed' clark in some way. It usually happens after they are into secret. Lionel locked him in a k-cell, Oliver is the literal backstabber and now Chloe is working behind his back.

Absolutley BANG ON!! couldn't have put it better if I tried. (Even with a Thesaurus)

Comment

• Chloe and Oliver were hero's in Pandore and will be heros again before this season is over probably save Clark too.

Chloe is not a backstabber.

Clark seems to need people to take care of him as shown on SV.

Comment

• Originally posted by PNy
                            I see what you are trying to do but, sorry I can’t see Clark as a backstabber. He maybe did some self created hasty decisions in the past (what probably lead up to Pandora) but now he is very up front with everything he does and that’s not backstabbing.
                            I can’t help feeling that Oliver and Chloe are jealous of Clark and his powers. They both know they are very dependant of Clark while he could manage without them. Clark isn’t exactly replaceable but Chloe and Oliver are. Maybe that’s why Chloe tries to convince her surroundings and not least herself that she is a very important part in the hero world.

I think Oliver has always been jealous of Clark and probably always will be. But whoever mentioned that they are jealous because they are replacable has a point. Clark doesn't need them and it is starting to show this season. Unfortunately the writers refuse to get rid of pointless characters. How many times are these morons going to play the "Clark needs to be protected for his own good" bs! I'm telling u a group of us needs to form a tar&feather militia.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎