No announcement yet.

I just don't think Zod is that bad...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DiabeticDude202
    Well people only seem to be upset about it when we label Chloe bashers. But say one negative thing, or have opinions that aren't so light hearted on Clark or Lois we get labelled bashers, and held accountable for. Besides, I think it was meant more of a joke, like "Chloe a villain" sort of thing. Just made you want to roll your eyes at first.

Sorry for being off topic...
    well firstly chloe is just a charactor and I think that shes makes for a much more interesting charactor now that she is straying from her morals. Just because she is turning a wee bit sinister and people are talking about her sinisterness doesnt neccessarily mean that they are bashing her. Not all charactors can be good as then we would have no baddies at all and how boring would that be. Fair enough she has been in the show for ages and ye are all fond of her but she does have to leave eventually she is not in the comics and I am afraid she wont be brought back next season. This show is about the future superman afterall and that is the important aspect of it ie clark and lois lex and zod. So a few people are going to be unhappy but you cant risk not telling a good story to keep the fans happy. Its like jimmy he had to go because his age was wrong for the charactor and as much as i thought he rocked bigtime I appreciate that he didnt belong because of the writers trying to keep to the mythos. I like chloe but I am more fond of Clark and Lois because they are the STORY of superman along with lex and zod. Chloe is getting alittle mean but that doesnt mean I dont like her. Chin up chloe fans. In the same way zod will no doubt turn into the baddie to fight against Clark.So far he seems to be protrayed as being not fully bad but not a good guy either. I am pretty sure he will end up being bad but he does seem to have morals towards his people. He is good to his people but not humans. But as he said himself Clark cant save him and he will become what fate has in store for him...Clarks enemy!! which is all the better for us as its entertaining to watch.
    Last edited by aerdna; 03-14-2010, 12:35 PM.

Comment

I still see Zod as a villain, although I do see where he's coming from since he's trying to defend his people. But yeah still very much so a vilalin in my book. I don't think Chloe is so much a villain as much as she's just misguided in her way of going about things.

Comment

i think the next episode will give us a much better idea of who the villain is. depending on how zod uses his new found powers, it could go one of two ways. i think the writers are setting chloe up to be the villain. they have zod in there to throw off the scent, as he would be the most obvious choice it would seem. if it works out that way, its quite a clever bit of writing.

Comment

Zod may not be the complete villain-- he's not a crazed supervillain dedicated to nought but destruction-- but he's the best candidate for one on this show, by far.

Heroes and villains on Smallville are not 100%. Clark's the hero, and he has done some dubious things. Green Arrow is a hero, but Oliver has done even more ambiguous things. Lex Luthor is a villain, but he was also quite sympathetic. Ditto Lionel-- even he had his redeeming features.

Heck, even Doomsday could be seen as kinda sympathetic in this iteration, fer cryin' out loud!

It's a question of degree. Chloe has her dark, dubious side just as Zod exhibits a possibility of redemption (if he did not, the current story arc would make no sense.) But Zod is the one beheading his own soldiers. He's the one conspiring to take over the Earth... and we've seen a glimpse of the future so we know his plans when he does take over. Chloe spying on her friends, going behind Clark's back, even her embezzling $13 million from Oliver, kinda pales by comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by Curious_Jor-El
            i think the next episode will give us a much better idea of who the villain is. depending on how zod uses his new found powers, it could go one of two ways. i think the writers are setting chloe up to be the villain. they have zod in there to throw off the scent, as he would be the most obvious choice it would seem. if it works out that way, its quite a clever bit of writing.
            me too, I think this will be her exit from the show and I dont think she will be outwardly bad just that she will no longer have clarks back like she used to. I think maybe she will do somthing bad and then at the end before she leaves dies whatever she may redeem herself. I dont think she will be left a villain. either way I think it will be a sad end for chloe alas.

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by actaeon
            Zod may not be the complete villain-- he's not a crazed supervillain dedicated to nought but destruction-- but he's the best candidate for one on this show, by far.

Heroes and villains on Smallville are not 100%. Clark's the hero, and he has done some dubious things. Green Arrow is a hero, but Oliver has done even more ambiguous things. Lex Luthor is a villain, but he was also quite sympathetic. Ditto Lionel-- even he had his redeeming features.

Heck, even Doomsday could be seen as kinda sympathetic in this iteration, fer cryin' out loud!

It's a question of degree. Chloe has her dark, dubious side just as Zod exhibits a possibility of redemption (if he did not, the current story arc would make no sense.) But Zod is the one beheading his own soldiers. He's the one conspiring to take over the Earth... and we've seen a glimpse of the future so we know his plans when he does take over. Chloe spying on her friends, going behind Clark's back, even her embezzling $13 million from Oliver, kinda pales by comparison.
            your dead right, it isnt black and white well not yet for zod but that doesnt really mean that they arent bad. I guess its to show that clark is all good and makes the morally right decision even though its hard and thats what makes him a hero. Chloe on the other hand should know better and seems to be bitter inside cause of jimmy.but she not all bad and you have to feel sorry for her
            Last edited by aerdna; 03-20-2010, 05:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Clark's unwillingness to trust Zod might send him over the edge...

Comment

I don’t think we can have an empowered Zod running around the earth in the future like Lana does so I voted Zod.

Comment

Zod is the villian this season he just hasn't shown his true colors yet.

Comment

Originally posted by KalEltheBoyscout
                    Clark's unwillingness to trust Zod might send him over the edge...
                    Yes because before that he wasn't chopping off people's heads or torturing anyone... oh wait...

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎