Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clark giving his Blood to save Zod. Good or bad?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I voted "smart move" becasue it's clear that Clark is trying to turn the Kandorians into allies, not enemies, and in that context, saving the life of their leader is the right thing to do. Most of us assume that Zod will ultimately show his true colours, but how will his followers react to what Clark did in this episode? Won't some of them see Clark as a leader who geneuinely cares for their lives and safety? And if Zod turns on Clark, won't some of them question how he can attack the man who saved his life?

Comment

• Originally posted by dcmarriott
      I voted "smart move" becasue it's clear that Clark is trying to turn the Kandorians into allies, not enemies, and in that context, saving the life of their leader is the right thing to do. Most of us assume that Zod will ultimately show his true colours, but how will his followers react to what Clark did in this episode? Won't some of them see Clark as a leader who geneuinely cares for their lives and safety? And if Zod turns on Clark, won't some of them question how he can attack the man who saved his life?
      I agree. Clark saving Zod was a smart move b/c now, if Zod does anything fishy, the Kandorians will see Zod as the one who did wrong.

Comment

• I say Bad , VERY BAD

I wanted to shout at the screen - NO CLARK NOOOOOOO!!!!

This is another stupid Clark decision when he was supposed to be beyond that. He may well have promised his dad to save Zod but there is a difference between saving someone and bringing them back to life once they are already dead.

He knew Zod was ultimately bad - how many times had Zod tried to kill him?? Not to mention having experienced the not too distant future and Zod's plans for world dominance - the man could not be trusted. Clark didn't want to send Zod to the Phantom zone and he didn't want to kill Zod - 'cos it goes against his principles. Zod died at the hands of someone else - how convenient, Clark should have left it at that - job done, villain neutralised - zero culpability. He refused to bend the rules to help Jimmy Olsen so why should Zod get special treatment??

Comment

• its absurd to think that clark would know he was giving zod his powers. the kandorians dont have powers under a yellow sun because their physiology was changed by the blue kryptonite. how does it make sense that his blood should give them powers? if looked at from clarks perspective, i imagine he never would have guessed it would give them powers. or even heal him. the situation seemed like he was grasping at straws to try to save zod. as for saving zods life, no one is inherently good or bad, there are always shades of grey. zod could be a very powerful ally, even without his power, if he came to the 'good' side. so im saying, based on the information clark had at the time. smart move.

Comment

• Originally posted by clarkbunny
            I say Bad , VERY BAD

I wanted to shout at the screen - NO CLARK NOOOOOOO!!!!

This is another stupid Clark decision when he was supposed to be beyond that. He may well have promised his dad to save Zod but there is a difference between saving someone and bringing them back to life once they are already dead.

He knew Zod was ultimately bad - how many times had Zod tried to kill him?? Not to mention having experienced the not too distant future and Zod's plans for world dominance - the man could not be trusted. Clark didn't want to send Zod to the Phantom zone and he didn't want to kill Zod - 'cos it goes against his principles. Zod died at the hands of someone else - how convenient, Clark should have left it at that - job done, villain neutralised - zero culpability. He refused to bend the rules to help Jimmy Olsen so why should Zod get special treatment??
            I agree with that last sentence. However it was in the spur of the momment Clark panicked and just did something quickly....

Comment

• Bad move.
              Really bad move.

I'm surprised Clark didn't learn from the past when they Lionel used Clark's blood for that liver disease thing.
              And the fact that his friends become enemies.

Zod is already not trusting Clark, and now that he has his powers, he may or may not share them with fellow Kandorians.

Comment

• I am still surprised Clark even attempted to use his blood to revive Zod. Does this mean he can bring people back to life with his blood from now on? Or does it only work on Kryptonians?

I'm not sure what to think of his decision to use his blood. I would have taken him to the hospital if I was in his shoes but what he did worked. I know it's probably going to bite him in the ass but moral wise it was the right thing to do.

Comment

• It was bad in the sense that now Zod has powers, but it's not like Clark to let someone die if he's able to save them. I believe that would have been uncharacteristic of him, so I don't object that decision. And to those who claim Clark should have known his blood might give Zod powers: how would the idea have ever crossed his mind? Let alone the fact that he didn't have the time to think about it. It's not like he's watching the show like we are. Also, as some pointed out, a powerless Zod wouldn't be a good opponent for the finale. Now at least it's a battle among equals, which couldn't have happened with the tower-induced powers.
                  Last edited by Rodrigo-kun; 03-23-2010, 08:31 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperVillain
                    Bad move.
                    Really bad move.

I'm surprised Clark didn't learn from the past when they Lionel used Clark's blood for that liver disease thing.
                    And the fact that his friends become enemies.

Zod is already not trusting Clark, and now that he has his powers, he may or may not share them with fellow Kandorians.
                    Actually, it wasn't Clark's blood that cured Lionel. Lionel had hoped to use the blood to find a cure but he never got the chance. In "Transference", it was Clark's essence or soul being in Lionel's body that healed or perhaps Lionel being in Clark's body and being transferred back.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Kevin24
                    I am still surprised Clark even attempted to use his blood to revive Zod. Does this mean he can bring people back to life with his blood from now on? Or does it only work on Kryptonians?

I'm not sure what to think of his decision to use his blood. I would have taken him to the hospital if I was in his shoes but what he did worked. I know it's probably going to bite him in the ass but moral wise it was the right thing to do.
                    I think it could only cure Kryptonians. The only reason it cured people in "Rabid" was because it was a Kryptonian virus.
                    Last edited by Vergon6; 03-24-2010, 12:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• Well I didn’t like it. Not because Clark saved Zod but because it was a bit unbelievable that is worked. That means he could have saved Jor-El and Alya times 2 etc. It would have been better if Zod some way got his powers from the Book of Rau or from the FOS.

Comment

• It wasn't a smart move by any means - but Superman does 'good' moves and he isn't the type to let people innocent or guilty die. Clark saving Zod's life is another indicator of how he is progressing into Supe's shoes.

Comment

• Originally posted by PNy
                          Well I didn’t like it. Not because Clark saved Zod but because it was a bit unbelievable that is worked. That means he could have saved Jor-El and Alya times 2 etc. It would have been better if Zod some way got his powers from the Book of Rau or from the FOS.
                          ITA I thought that if he saved Zod then why didn't Clark save Jor-El? Inconsistency there.
                          Does not make sense but still a clever way for the Kryptonians to get their powers.

I really enjoyed how they portrayed Zod falling then flying. Very cool.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎