Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevin24
    Thanks Sparkle, I always look forward to your posts in the ratings thread! I like the layouts you use.

Smallville owns and I still can't help but wonder how well it would do on Thursdays.
    Aww, thanks Kevin! I try to include the pertinent info, without making it too confusing,
    but entertaining as well! !

Thursdays! *sigh*

Comment

2.53M. Nice, given the Winter Olympics and all.

Comment

Everyone, Conspiracy is #1 on iTunes!

I tweeted this to the SV Writers...This is even better news.

Comment

i am NOT surprised by that at all....this was a great episode......

Comment

Hecks yeah, SV is like a raw bulldog dog, can't be stopped. Take that, Dawnzillia! SV's chomping up your precious demographic and poohing it out.

Comment

Dawnzilla??? AHHAHHHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHA

again.... IN YOUR FACE Dawny!!!

I will never forgive you for Everwood, buddy!! Do it again with Smallville and I will not like you forever!

Comment

HaHa! Dom.

2.53 is tremendous! I honestly can't believe that number. On a Friday night, with the Olympics. The #1 on itunes is even better. It's usually #3, right? I wonder if the shows that are #1 and 2 normally weren't b/c they weren't new this week? STILL, that's quite an acheivement for our show! And if the TPTB are still looking at numbers to confirm a season10...well, this should seal that deal very quickly.

Comment

^^ Yeah, HelloKitty. 2.53 is the highest for the season, right? It was # 2 this afternoon (after Lost) and about 7 pm (when I check again) it hit #1 and still is # 1 right now on iTunes. It's usually #3 but the recents episodes (except Warrior) were #2. I don't think I've ever seen SV at the #1 slot. Usually it's Vampire Diaries.

Dawn...why do I remember that name? She took away Everwood? Was she responsible for killing off Friday night comedy - What I like About You, Reba, etc? grrrrrrrrr

LOL at the new nickname. We'll beat this Dawnpocalype. Don't you worry!

Comment

2.5 niceeee

Comment

Great news! Smallville fans, pat yourself on the back. You deserve it. Great job supporting our most worthy show

Comment

Wonder if the ratings will slowly keep going up or not

I'm not sure about this, but I've heard that the Olympics isn't really pulling them in like in previous years. But that's just what I've heard so I don't know how accurate that is. But I do know that the Smallville Fan base core is fiercely loyal. Although, sometimes that works against them because I feel that the Powers that Be often takes advantage of that loyalty by giving them a less than stellar product.

But I will admit that as of late, the stories have been kind of interesting. And I have found myself being pulled back in. Maybe not to the degree that I was a few years back, but I can definitely see the show perhaps coming back a little bit. By that I mean the viewership going beyond just the die hard fan base. A new audience as it were.

There's a lot of things that seem to be going well for it right now. I absolutely love the whole Green Arrow part of the story. Originally with the whole Oliver/Lois relationship, and now especially with Chloe as the Watchtower. Not to mention that the current Clois thing doesn't completely feel like an Anvil coming down on my head anymore. The Smallville time line now seems more appropriate for it. At least in my opinion. Not that it didn't have it's moments in the past (just finished rewatching "Hydro", and I was so laughing at the whole Clark/Oliver/Lois interaction), but in the past it often felt so forced. But if I were the powers that be right now, I would be totally advertising that one picture where Clark & Lois are standing back to back with Lois grabbing Clark's tie. That picture alone is guaranteed to raise the ratings : )

And then there's the whole Chloe/Oliver thing (which along with Clois) has now got me sucked back into this show. Everytime I see Chloe dressed in Green now, I get a big smile on my face. Team Green is so Awesome, and opens up the stories to so many possibilities. The only thing that I would respectfully ask TPTB (if they happen to be listening) is that they just keep Chloe in character....or at least reasonably so. Watching out for huge plot holes wouldn't hurt either, but given the choice, I would prefer that the characters stay in character.

If the future stories are as interesting as the last couple have been, I wonder if the show will slowly start to find a new audience or not. Not everyone is into the Olympics and so they may give Smallville a try. The show might even start to bring back some of the old fans that left. It would be nice to see the ratings come back to where they used to be, or at least close. Yeah, I'd like to see the show earn back a lot of it's original fans, but with these Smallville writters, I never know what's going to happen.
                        Last edited by CK&CK; 02-28-2010, 03:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by skatiefan608

First Season 9 episode to reach #1!

Comment

^^It will most likely be the only one, since VD is currently on hiatus.

Now, we just need to wait and see tomorrow for the final numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by skatiefan608

i was just checking it out on itunes. delighted for the show its keeps getting better and better thats brill go smallville

Comment

With all this good ratings stuff going on with SV,why don't we get season 10 renewal confirmation already?
                                Come on Dawn, you should be begging the cast to sign on for a Season 11 at this rate !

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎