View Poll Results: Were You A Fan of the X-Files??

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

52 86.67%
  • Somewhat

5 8.33%
  • No

3 5.00%
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: The X-Files

I'm curious to see how it pans out.

I was a big fan of X-Files and stuck with it even as Duchovny and Anderson faded away from the latter seasons. I liked Agents Doggett and Reyes, but I'd have to admit that by the final seasons, the series as a whole was a bit long in the tooth -- not unlike a few series on TV that extended their runs past their 'best before' dates.

Hindsight is 20/20 and it would have been wiser to wrap it up a season or two sooner once it looked like the leads were on their way out. They waited far too long to put out the second movie and I'd have to count myself as one of many X-Files viewers who didn't watch the second one.

I am intrigued by word that they're even trying to get additional cast members involved: Annabeth Gish, Robert Patrick, Mitch Pileggi among them.

A short-run series is probably ideal, as they will have to essentially "re-introduce" Mulder, Scully and their universe. I think they'll need to do this -- both for longtime X-Files fans who haven't watched it since the series finale, and for newer or younger viewers who have only heard about the X-Files and know little about its mythology (which was very intricate, complex and even at times confounding).

Quote Originally Posted by President_Luthor View Post
    I was a big fan of X-Files and stuck with it even as Duchovny and Anderson faded away from the latter seasons.
    The thing that I always found interesting about Season 9 was the dynamic it introduced. Mulder was gone, then Scully got new partners. All of a sudden, Scully was more of a believer while Doggett was the skeptic, which mirrored how the series began (with Mulder believing and Scully being skeptical).

A short-run series is probably ideal, as they will have to essentially "re-introduce" Mulder, Scully and their universe. I think they'll need to do this -- both for longtime X-Files fans who haven't watched it since the series finale, and for newer or younger viewers who have only heard about the X-Files and know little about its mythology (which was very intricate, complex and even at times confounding).
    Agreed. At the very least, I hope there is some mention of what happened in 2012 (since that was a major plotline) and what happened to their son, William—even if both subjects only get minor mentions in passing.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin 3:16 View Post
    E reports that Fox has confirmed it. The X-Files will be returning as a 6 episode limited series. Chris Carter and stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson will be returning and the show will film this summer for a release date to be determined. I Want To Believe! The Truth Is Most Definitely Out There!
    MUST MARATHON THE ENTIRE SERIES. I cannot wait.

Spirit Of Vengeance Firestormthenuclearman's Avatar
    One of the greatest cliffhangers is what happened to the Lazarus formula did the man destroy it, make copies and hide it, or hide it in a location.

The artist formerly known as "KryptonSite" KSiteTV's Avatar
    The show returns tonight!

I cannot wait! Are they really going to air an after show first? That's stupid.

Ugh, let's make us wait LONGER...

^^^ Right? I cannot stand it when they do this stuff. I haven't been this excited for something on TV in a LONG time!

I mean I'm a football fan but enough of this, arrgh...

Yaaay they did the old credits!!

OMG, that was AWESOME! I got goosebumps...LOL.

Chris Carter wrote and directed, woohoo!

I'm LOVING it so far!

Same

Wow, GO Scully!...

Edit: Well, I thought it was AMAZING!

One thing I didn't get, though: If Roswell was a smoke screen and there are—technically—no aliens, then why show one when the saucer crashed?

I cannot wait for tomorrow! If all the episodes are as good as that was, I hope it can continue!
    Last edited by Aries83; 01-24-2016 at 09:28 PM.

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast