View Poll Results: Were You A Fan of the X-Files??

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

52 86.67%
  • Somewhat

5 8.33%
  • No

3 5.00%
Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The X-Files

The X-Files

this show deserves a thread

it sort of burned away like a comet that got eaten up by the earth's ozone layer, and finished with barely a whimper

but it was a cult phenomenon in its time which filled all the hormonal urges of teenagers that were frightened and horny but it didnt stop us a life of living and scoring

this show definitely opened doors to shows of today like 24 and Alias

eventually the show's formula did wear thin because it wasnt the most versatile show

definitely the most acceptable show to be ever made about aliens, much like how buffy is a show about vampires

KryptonSite Moderator Big Albowski's Avatar
    I loved the X-files! I do agree that it did not go out with a bang but a whimper! But when the X-files was at it's best... it was THE best show on TV!
    They should have ended the series on Scully's "I'm pregnant" and then started planning the next movie!

Al

I used to love the X-Files. i started watching at the beginning and stopped watching at about season 6/7. It really did go down hill.

my fave ep is tooms, i used to know it word for word.

the other two

also does anybody remember that celebrity craze that swept the world around season 3 / 4 when the x-files was at its ultimate peak

both David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson with one of the great cover shots on the cover of Rolling Stone Magazine, like all the magazines had to have Gillian Anderson on the cover

it was tremendous hype

a lot has changed since and lord knows what the two actors are now doing, but it will be yonks before two mere tv actors will ever THAT popular again

The X-Files is my favourite show of all time!

But it should've ended after the 7th season, I hated Doggett! So I didn't watch the show anymore after the 8th season.

Can't wait to see the second movie...if they ever end up making it!

The X-Files

Is anyone else a fan of this show??

Up until recently I had never seen a single episode. I never watched at all while the show was on FOX. I wanted to check the show out on DVD, but the DVD sets were always so damned expensive. However, FOX recently lowered the prices of their sets from $129.99 to $79.99. Based on the fact that I loved the premise of the show, I decided to buy the first season to check it out.

I loved the show immediately and was impressed with David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson's performances. Gillian is so hot by the way. After I finished with season 1, I purchased season 2, and I liked it as well. I am going to wait a few months and then buy seasons 3 and 4.

My only gripe with this show is that it seems to go back and forth in terms of good episodes. There will be some great episodes, and then two or three in a row that are just average. I wish there were more of the alien mythology episodes because they are the best. But there have been some great regular episodes as well.

Huge X-FIles fan here. Lots of fun. Season 5 was the best IMO.

KryptonSite Moderator Big Albowski's Avatar
    Love The X-files!!! Gillian and David had some of the best chemistry on TV!!!

Al

HUGE xfile fan! (mulder ones only!)

hey vyperman7!

yes, xfiles was awesome, i'm sure you'll start to see some parallels with smallville soon.

duchovny, like rosenbaum, is enchanting to watch, and you totally get sucked into his obsessive broody performance.

it's always exciting to talk to someone experiencing it for the first time! i hope you enjoy!! as you know, i am a clex fan, when you get into the series, check out the relationship between mulder and alex krychek. (VERY slashy.)

also, scully is like a grown up chloe. (hey that would be fun!)

Re: HUGE xfile fan! (mulder ones only!)

Originally posted by lexslave
    hey vyperman7!

yes, xfiles was awesome, i'm sure you'll start to see some parallels with smallville soon.

Actually I have noticed the similarity between Smallville and The X-Files. When they are not dealing with mythology, the both deal in a FOTW like manner.

With X-Files I would have to say that 75% of the episodes are good-great, while there is about 25% that are average to bad. A couple bad episodes that come to mind are : season 1's "Space" with the astronaut who was possessed by a ghost from space, and season 2's "Fearful Symmetry" which deals with angry and violent zoo animals.

It would be great if the X-Files could stick to the conspiracy and overall alien mythology for the whole series, but they have to do it randomly to have it seem more special.

The X-Files basically introduced me to science fiction. I loved the Mulder/Scully, Believer/Skeptic dynamic, and I love stories about the paranormal period. I was devoted to it through season six. I lost a lot of interest when in season seven when Duchovny left. As much as I love both Anderson, it wasn't the same without Mulder. He's the "X" in the X-Files, if that makes sense. But I still watched nearly all of the episodes and tuned in for the finale.

The X-Files was a first for me in a lot of ways. It was the first show I got addicted to. Mulder and Scully were the first couple I ever rooted for and the first characters I really cared about. And Mulder was my first TV infatuation.

I usually tend not to ship couples on shows. The only other show in which I rooted for a couple to get together, was in Lois and Clark. However, ever since the first episode I have been hoping that Mulder and Scully become romantically involved. You can tell they are both attracted to each other, but mask it behind business. They seem like they have geniune chemistry and would work well together as a couple.

Chris Carter said on the season 1 DVD bonus features that he liked the fact that Mulder and Scully never become romantically involved because he wanted to have a male/female partnership that was driven based on their work and need for the truth, rather than their sexual attraction to each other.

I have seen the X-Files movie so I know that Mulder and Scully almost kissed, and I have also read that they share 4 on screen kisses over the course of the show. I don't know in which seasons or episodes though, and I want to find out for myself. I just hope that when "X-Files 2" comes out, that it ends with Mulder and Scully finally becoming involved.

By the way, what was the reason that Duchovny gave for leaving the show? I assume it was over contract disputes, but that is just a guess on my part.

I watched a few epsidodes when it was on the air. I thought it was scary ( hey i was young and the theme music gave me the creeps) It must have been pretty good 2 last as long as it did ( didn't is go on for about 9 seasons?)

The X-Files is like my favourite show of all time! I loved the mythological episodes about the alien/government conspiracies stories and the whole Mulder/Scully Relationship. I was absolutely obsessed with the show until David Duchovney left and the show became crap. Season 8 was horrible and I couldn't even bare to watch the final season. So for me the show ended after season 7.

I think Duchovney left because he wanted to persue other roles.

david duchovny and gillian anderson vs teri hatcher and dean cain was one of the bigger rivalries 90s tv had

along with gillian anderson and all the actresses on Friends

and what for and what not!

but

the stark reality is

it was the show for the GEEKS!

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast