No announcement yet.

Red sun gives Kandorians powers?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Britas15
    I don't think the show itself ever stipulated that the amount of solar energy is what matters in regard to the Kandorians. As I wrote earlier:

I'm saying that, from the way I understand it, the following is NOT true:

The Kandorians DO NOT have powers under a yellow sun, thus, they DO have powers under a red sun.

Whatever would happen to the Kandorians under a red sun is irrelevant and has never been addressed. The relevant point here is that the Kandorians SHOULD have powers under a yellow sun, because they have the same Kryptonian physiology as Clark. Essentially, they are all the same.

Under a yellow sun, the Blue-K with which Jor-El corrupted the orb robs the Kandorians of their powers. But, if the yellowness of the yellow suns rays gets filtered out by some kind of change to the Earth's atmosphere (as we saw in "Pandora"), then the Blue-K no longer works/matters and the Kandorians gain their powers, because, technically, they are still under a yellow sun, it's just that the negative effects of some aspect of the yellow sun is filtered out.
    It's never been adressed on THIS SHOW... which is entirely the problem, and why i'm having to ask questions...

Because what this show is suggesting, goes against everything I have learned about kryptonian physiology and the way that the two sun's affect their powers. And the way Blue kryptonite works.

Comment

Originally posted by Hopefulsuicide
      It's never been adressed on THIS SHOW... which is entirely the problem, and why i'm having to ask questions...

Because what this show is suggesting, goes against everything I have learned about kryptonian physiology and the way that the two sun's affect their powers. And the way Blue kryptonite works.
      I'm sure it's difficult to ignore what you've learned elsewhere. Smallville has gone in its own direction with many things. So, even though I'm sure it's frustrating and unsatisfying to hear, we kind of just have to take what they give us and move forward. A sci-fi show often contradicts and undermines and ignores and retcons itself. Especially one that's been on for over eight-and-a-half years.

I can only interpret and restate what I believe the show itself to have said. But since I'm not in my happy place right now, I'm not prepared to talk this subject to death, as I normally would. I hope I've been able to help. Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Britas15
        I'm sure it's difficult to ignore what you've learned elsewhere. Smallville has gone in its own direction with many things. So, even though I'm sure it's frustrating and unsatisfying to hear, we kind of just have to take what they give us and move forward. A sci-fi show often contradicts and undermines and ignores and retcons itself. Especially one that's been on for over eight-and-a-half years.

I can only interpret and restate what I believe the show itself to have said. But since I'm not in my happy place right now, I'm not prepared to talk this subject to death, as I normally would. I hope I've been able to help. Cheers!
        Don't get me wrong, I understand what we are EXPECTED to believe. As you say, the smallville writers expect us to just accept that yellow sun works for Clark, red sun/filtered out yellow sun works for kandorians.

I'm simply pointing out that it doesn't make sense, and the writers are yet again expecting us to digest something thats both inconsistent and illogical.

Comment

the only legit explanation i can think of is simply that blue k having been infused with the dna samples just had a varied effect on their physiology and the said effect is that apparently they have powers when absorbing yellow sun rays that are traveling on a red wavelenght, its prolly best just to take said events for granted, and consider alia just another plothole :/

Comment

This is how i see it, pretty much like most of the above. The Blue Kypronite is not the exact same that we have come to know. A few things are different here.

All the kryptonite on Earth is different from that of Krypton due to breaking through our atmosphere. Our earthly kryptonite has radiation that is only poisonous to kryptonians. With that in mind, we know that Jor-el has fused Zod and himself along with the army with SOME TYPE of blue kryptonite, not necessarily the radiated one. This means that under yellow rays those individuals would not have powers, but due to not being radiated, it may also GIVE them powers under the red rays.

I'm not sure, but blue kryptonite should not work exactly the same on their planet as ours, because there the kryptonian sun is not as powerful as ours. However, due to the ray changes from the satellite, what ever that does, it will have an effect on those with blue kryptonite.

Comment

I believe that kriptonian powers require yellow light plus a specific combination of radiation (neutrinos?) , not found in red suns, to reach its full potential, otherwise they would get powers in Krypton simply by using a lamp with the right color and enough intensity.
              Filtering the atmosphere would change the predominant color of the light but wouldn't alter that radiation.

Comment

My take on the superpowers under red sun are two main possibilities that I believe.

We know for a fact that blue K does not give u superpowers under a red sun. Now why when kandorians have them, that would be that blue K on krypton was not radiated by the massive explosion of the planet or the method jorel used is not the same as when clark lost his.
                Take for example that maybe the kandorians have all the right genetic code to absorb yellow sun light but something in the genetic code is not activating them. That yellow sun is maybe putting out A when there bodies have been altered to activate with B. Clark needs A but under the filtered sun there is only B coming through.

Thats just my take on the situation since I always wondered why kryptonians did not have power's when in the presence of blue K.

Comment

Here's how I see it:

Jor-El infused the orb with Blue K, lining the clones' genetic make-up with it. Because of this, when they were released from the orb, they are literally made up partially of blue k, so they do not have powers under the yellow sun. It's not that hard to imagine that after a Kryptonians make-up was tampered by Jor-El like it was, there is a potential that they gain strength over something different than the yellow sun. Their bodies are changed on the inside, so it's very possible that their bodies absorb the rays of the sun differently.

Comment

This is a freakin' TV show they don't need to explain the science down to every little detail

Comment

Originally posted by LilMo
                      This is a freakin' TV show they don't need to explain the science down to every little detail
                      Exactly.

Comment

The solar-powered kryptonian doesn't make much sense. If it did, solar panels would have replaced coal power a long time ago.

Also, superman always gets recharged at night and underground.

Don't take it too seriously. Physics is different in that universe, pretend the sun is different too.

Comment

Red sun

Because Jor-El changed the clones composition. Thats why they have only powers under red sun. Itīs going to be fun to see what will happen with CK vs Zod
                          Total Warzone?

Comment

if the Red sun gives Kandorians their powers why they take Clarks powers i mean he is also Kandorian right so it wouldnt affect him

Comment

Originally posted by PJBoy
                              They still need to explain why Alia had her powers under both yellow sun and red sun in "Pandora". She turned back in time ("Savior") and still had her powers to kill Clark. Now that she's dead...

If they don't explain this, that would be a hell of a plothole.
                              Yes, exactly. I know this is three years after the original discussion yes, but like he says, how the hell did alia still have her powers after they took out the towers??? Right after the took out the towers and the sky cleared, she like supersped over to lois and touched the ring then she still had the powers after she went to the past. It just doesnt make any sense!! I need to know what the hell happened with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dantheman23
                                Yes, exactly. I know this is three years after the original discussion yes, but like he says, how the hell did alia still have her powers after they took out the towers??? Right after the took out the towers and the sky cleared, she like supersped over to lois and touched the ring then she still had the powers after she went to the past. It just doesnt make any sense!! I need to know what the hell happened with it.
                                This is just an educated guess, but I'd assume it was for the same reason Clark has his powers in space or underground where the sun's rays couldn't reach him. So it's not that she had powers under both a red and yellow sun. It's that her body had stored enough of the sun's energy in her body for her to continue using her powers. If she hadn't been killed, the energy in her cells would have eventually run out and she'd have been just as powerless as the other Kandorians.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎