No announcement yet.

Did Clark fall under his own spell?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DC Fanboy
    well...yeah...and Tom Welling has the face of Aladdin.

Comment

Yes he has the power of persuasion, and he can persuade himself... so when he told Zod that "you dont think I want justice? you dont think i want revenge? you dont think sometimes i wish i was a killer like you?" the gem stone effected him.

Which makes sense if you can persuade others why not yourself.

Comment

It seemed as though Zod had somehow turned the Persuasion power against Clark. Or are we just supposed to believe that Clark persuaded himself? I don't know... This gemstone kryptonite is kinda confusing...

Comment

I think he persuaded himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Kneel before Zod
            It seemed as though Zod had somehow turned the Persuasion power against Clark. Or are we just supposed to believe that Clark persuaded himself? I don't know... This gemstone kryptonite is kinda confusing...
            Nah I think Zod in his mind thought Tess really did it because he confessed that he beat and tortured Jor-El but didn't kill him he assumed Tess did... And he had no idea what Alia was up to and when she confessed it looked like Zod was kinda shocked... why else would he just kill her?
            Last edited by PrincessKent; 02-19-2010, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessKent
              Yes he has the power of persuasion, and he can persuade himself... so when he told Zod that "you dont think I want justice? you dont think i want revenge? you dont think sometimes i wish i was a killer like you?" the gem stone effected him.

Which makes sense if you can persuade others why not yourself.
              Exactly, right when he said this in bold he hexed himself.

Comment

^^^Oh, thanks, that's right. Forgot he'd been saying that at the time. My gosh, that was an INTENSE scene.

Originally posted by Clark-Lois
                Strangely i feel sry for tess. Cool ring of fire

That's exactly what I said in the live thread. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Before the commercial break I was confused at what had happened, and how Clark got his own persuasion to work on himself. Interesting...how that particular blend of Kryptonite affected him.

Comment

I think it just backfired on him when he confronted Zod.

Comment

This is what happens when you have Kryptonite in your mind; it makes you do crazy things.

Zod has powerful mind powers, so the persuasion thing backfired on Clark big time.

Its so ironic that the green K can kill you, but it can also save your life.

Comment

I wish that they'd found a different source of the craziness this time around. Did we even really see what color Kryptonite caused all of this? Clark hexing himself seemed kind of silly. And Persuasion is the reason why episodes like Warrior and Disciple really seemed to have derailed the main arc in the second half. Clark's reaction to Jor-el's murder hasn't really been addressed at all, and yet now he's pushed to the edge for revenge?

I feel bad for Tess. Geeze, the poor girl's getting beat left and right. In this episode she was interrupted during her bath, beaten around by Chloe, thrown around by Clark, and told that her great aspiration to get the towers up to save Clark is really just going to bring about his downfall. Also, when she said that she had never told anyone his secret, I did have to agree with her. Everyone feels bad for Chloe because she gets blamed when everything goes wrong, but man, poor Tess can't catch a break either. The good guys kick her around more than the bad guys do. I wonder what that's supposed to mean?

Comment

Originally posted by uncaged
                        I wish that they'd found a different source of the craziness this time around. Did we even really see what color Kryptonite caused all of this? Clark hexing himself seemed kind of silly. And Persuasion is the reason why episodes like Warrior and Disciple really seemed to have derailed the main arc in the second half. Clark's reaction to Jor-el's murder hasn't really been addressed at all, and yet now he's pushed to the edge for revenge?

I feel bad for Tess. Geeze, the poor girl's getting beat left and right. In this episode she was interrupted during her bath, beaten around by Chloe, thrown around by Clark, and told that her great aspiration to get the towers up to save Clark is really just going to bring about his downfall. Also, when she said that she had never told anyone his secret, I did have to agree with her. Everyone feels bad for Chloe because she gets blamed when everything goes wrong, but man, poor Tess can't catch a break either. The good guys kick her around more than the bad guys do. I wonder what that's supposed to mean?
                        Has your mom ever told you about the birds and the bees, it means she is being liked specially by Clark

Comment

he certainly did. somehow. it backfired...

Comment

Yup, he did fall under his own spell. And they showed what Zod would be like with powers.

Comment

Clark Kent wishes he could kill people?

Anyone else irked by this?

If you look at the contrast between Superman and Batman, i'd say that one of the biggest of their differences is exactly this.

Batman doesn't kill. But he wishes he could. Sometimes it takes all his strength not to do it. But he knows, because of the way he stops criminals with violence, and because he's considered a vigilante, that he is only one step away from just becoming one of them. Thats part of why he doesn't cross that line.

Superman doesn't kill. He simply doesn't have it in him. He would never want to kill anyone. He gets angry, sure, we all get angry. But he wouldn't even wish death on Lex Luthor. It's not an urge he has to fight. He doesn't secretly yearn to take his revenge on his enemies by taking their lives.

By telling Zod he wished he could kill people like he does, he made it sound like it's always a constant struggle not to. Which is not how I see Superman.

Comment

Originally posted by Hopefulsuicide
                                Anyone else irked by this?

If you look at the contrast between Superman and Batman, i'd say that one of the biggest of their differences is exactly this.

Batman doesn't kill. But he wishes he could. Sometimes it takes all his strength not to do it. But he knows, because of the way he stops criminals with violence, and because he's considered a vigilante, that he is only one step away from just becoming one of them. Thats part of why he doesn't cross that line.

Superman doesn't kill. He simply doesn't have it in him. He would never want to kill anyone. He gets angry, sure, we all get angry. But he wouldn't even wish death on Lex Luthor. It's not an urge he has to fight. He doesn't secretly yearn to take his revenge on his enemies by taking their lives.

By telling Zod he wished he could kill people like he does, he made it sound like it's always a constant struggle not to. Which is not how I see Superman.
                                Yeah it was weird for him to say. I almost think at that point the gem kryponite was slowly starting to affect him (like how green k slowly turned John Corben insane) and that his eyes only flashed blue or whatever once it fully took hold of him.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎