Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AU John's different life--what does it mean?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AU John's different life--what does it mean?

Going by original events, our John should have already broken up with Peg (Bundy ) by this point in his life but in the AU he's still with her. This implies that he never had a run-in with his father in the AU, right? But if that's the case, how did he get paralyzed?

And if the same thing did happen with his dad pushing him out the window in the AU, the fact that he survived implies Jacob was doing his magic touch thing in the AU too, right? As Jacob brought our Locke back to life with his touch. Or at least, that's how they made it seem.

Anybody have any thoughts/theories/explanations. I'm probably forgetting something.

ya i have no clue. she left him cause he was obssesed with his dad. when they talked she mentioned having dinner with his dad so it seems like he is either a good guy or perhaps locke was adopted and this is his adoptive father. i wonder how he broke his spine tho too. if his dad isnt a con man then does this mean sawyers dad didnt kill his mom and then himself? or could that have still happened cause it seems if sawyers mom would fall for one con man shed probably cheat with anyone. so confusing haha.

Comment

I don't know, that flash sideways crap is annoying. Not only should John not be with "Peg" (hehe), but I remember her saying she wanted to elope with just the two of them, her parents and HIS FATHER. Considering Johns pappy is the reason John is in the wheelchair... yeah... that fool shouldn't be invited to their ceremony, lol.

Comment

I'm thinking the AU is a world without Jacob so Jacob wasn't pushing Locke in a certain direction. It's possible that Locke is now in a good relationship with his father and I'm thinking maybe Locke has been paralyzed since he was a kid.

Comment

The way it was played, made it seem as if John's accident was something that was more recent then something he's live with since childhood.

Comment

If it was recent, I have a feeling (from their last conversation in the episode) that Peg had always known him as the guy in the wheelchair. So his accident would've happened earlier in the AU.

Comment

ya i had a feeling the wheelchair thing was something different. i have no clue. but if he was born with it id figure he would have gotten over it 50 years later. it seems recenyt cause he hates it.

oh and i rewatched the episode and noticed that locks ramp didnt hit hurleys car and was like oh ya it didnt hit his car cause hurley is lucky haha.

Comment

Originally posted by RedPhoenix23
                I don't know, that flash sideways crap is annoying. Not only should John not be with "Peg" (hehe), but I remember her saying she wanted to elope with just the two of them, her parents and HIS FATHER. Considering Johns pappy is the reason John is in the wheelchair... yeah... that fool shouldn't be invited to their ceremony, lol.
                the man in black (fake locke) told james that when jacob touched all the people that altered their course in life. so that expains why things are a bit different in the AU reality.

Comment

but who did jacob touch to make lockes dad bad? he touched locke after his dad pushed him. unless if richards visits played a role at some point.

Comment

Got to remember that the AU seems to have come from the Island never have discovered...when the Island stank to the bottom of the ocean is still to be seen. The power of Jacob's touch is also a mystery of what it exactly does. So Locke, regardless if his father throw him off the building, through Jacob's touch or something else was always suppposed to get paralyzed and survive.

Maybe Jacob's touch was only meant to guide them all to the Island. And we still don't know if the MIB could get off the Island. He could have made contact through others before Jacob, counter-acting the touch to produce all the misfortune in their lives. Remember, we are being shown what they're lives could have been if life went about as normally...without interference from Jacob/MIB.
                    Last edited by darkphoenix21; 02-17-2010, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tabularasa
                      I'm thinking the AU is a world without Jacob so Jacob wasn't pushing Locke in a certain direction. It's possible that Locke is now in a good relationship with his father and I'm thinking maybe Locke has been paralyzed since he was a kid.
                      One of the problems I have with the idea of this being a "non Jacob-containing" world is the fact that the same people ended up on the plane. As weren't they all "pushed" to be there in some way? For example, wasn't John given the idea of going on a walkabout by Broyles from Fringe? And he was connected to the whole island thing. So I'm confused.

Originally posted by HiroFromHeroes
                      the man in black (fake locke) told james that when jacob touched all the people that altered their course in life. so that expains why things are a bit different in the AU reality.
                      But Jacob didn't touch Locke until after he was thrown out the window, so that means that event should have been common in both universes. But if that's the case, then AU John should be dead as there's no way he could have survived that fall (to me it was clearly implied that Jacob had resurrected/healed John with his touch). So again, I'm confused.

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
                      Maybe Jacob's touch was only meant to guide them all to the Island.
                      They all ended up on the same plane together again though, without Jacob's touch presumably. The only difference is that there was no longer an island below to crash the plane. So if Jacob is truly not around in the AU/not touching people etc, this implies that Jacob's touch was actually doing something different. As afterall, he didn't touch everybody, right. Only certain people, and yet pretty much all the same people ended up on the same plane in the AU at the same point in time. And the only reason they didn't crash this time, was because there was no island/hatch incident to rip the plane in half.

Comment

but locke going on the walk about wasnt about being told to go he did it because he was sent by his company and he never went to the company meeting.

we still dont know if locke broke his spine the same way as before since this time seems as if locke and his dad are on good terms.

id guess everyone was on the plane cause it was still their fate to interact but this time it was the act of god and not the act of jacob.

Comment

Originally posted by superhippie2000
                          but locke going on the walk about wasnt about being told to go he did it because he was sent by his company and he never went to the company meeting.
                          In the original universe John specifically went to Australia on vacation for the walkabout, right (after being given the idea by Broyles from Fringe in the hospital). And in the AU, it was a company thing that brought him to Australia, and for some reason (we don't yet know) he decided to go on the walkabout. I wonder if Broyles influenced him in the AU too (we don't know whether or not he was told/pushed to go by someone yet--he just told his boss the reasons were "personal").

we still dont know if locke broke his spine the same way as before since this time seems as if locke and his dad are on good terms.
                          Right and this is one of the issues I have, as it is not clear why this event should be different if Jacob's touch is the "turning point" in a person's life. How does the island not existing/no Jacob connect with his dad being a better guy, etc. We don't know yet but hopefully it will make proper sense.

id guess everyone was on the plane cause it was still their fate to interact but this time it was the act of god and not the act of jacob
                          Yeah but the act of WHICH god. heh I mean I'm not sure we can call anything an act of God when we're not really clear what's going on (like is this an Egyptian god-containing/ruled universe? something else? etc). I prefer not to use the words destiny/fate as it's a copout that allows them to do anything they want. I want there to be specific reasons why things are happening the same way despite changes relating to no island/no jacob (if in fact there is no Jacob influence in the AU, which we don't know yet).

Still lots of unknowns in this crazy show of ours eh

Comment

ya thats true. i wonder why he wanted to go on the walkabut whether he ment to go to austirala to do that and used his company or if it was a spur of the moment thing. could be the guy told him to do it agian because the ialsnd did exisist since we know dharama was there since the houses were underwater.

im sure this is something we will learn at some point. i mean if they explained already then it just wouldnt be lost haha.

ya could be any god seeing how we dont even know if jacob is a god to begin with lol.

perhaps jacob is alive in the flashsideways. unless he was killed due to something different the the island sinking. could have been killed at the time the ship came to the island and he talked to the man in black. but why the island sinking in the 70s has anything to do with the past who knows. i have speculation tho but thats in the spoiler section. but if jacob is alive he would be off the island cause it may have been around the time he was off visiting someone. perhaps kate. and he couldnt come back. or maybe the man in black visited everyone to cause them not to go to the island. ah so confusing.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎