CW renews Supernatural for S6

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kirmacat
    Oooh. New Kripke show sounds exciting.

Still not sure, at all, where I stand on s6... Guess I'll have to wait for the s5 finale and the s6 premier to really form an opinion :S
    maybe its that supernatural prequal

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Lexgirl33
    Hes still involved Jeff, hes just not in charge. Basically Sera will have the say now.

So....we can't say DAMN YOU KRIPKE!
    yes we can we can say damn you kripke for leaving and making the show suck.

i just dont get how next year will work. even if god is a main guy what are they going to do try to off him or something lol. i just wonder what the bigger bad will be. maybe we get sam and dean in space and we can get some uranus jokes haha
    Last edited by superhippie2000; 02-16-2010, 05:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Ah the joy of creative minds.

I have faith in them all though. Its basically just Kripke and Sera switching places. So its going to be them and Robert Singer.

Comment

I just read the news about Krikpe While this does dampen my enthusiasm, I will reserve judgement till I see how it works out.

Sera is great and she's been on the show since season 1 so its not like they got some outsider to come in. Plus, Kripke will still be involved, just not as involved.

As for next season, I keep seeing people saying it will be a return to the roots of Supernatural, more like S1. Also will return to focusing on the brothers relationship. This could just be speculation as I haven't seen any specific quotes from anyone involved that point to this.

Comment

Originally posted by LexGossip
          only good news if eric is returning, if not then i'm not intrested.
          sorry he's not gamble is taking over

Comment

Originally posted by kirmacat
            Oooh. New Kripke show sounds exciting.
            We don't know anything about it...isn't it too early to say this? Lol.

And....I don't know what I think about a sixth season. I dare to think the CW will turn it into Smallville...

I'll probably force my mind to think that Supernatural ends this season, because I can't see it becoming amazing or as amazing as this season. I always trusted Kripke's vision anyways, so...let's just see.

Comment

That to bad that Eric Kripke won't be as involved as the earlier seasons but at least his isn't abandoning it completely. I guess we have to take a wait and see attitude when season six airs.

Comment

Looks like the folks over at cinemaspy were correct in their announcement. BTW, Kripke is stepping down as a showrunner but will carry on as an exec producer and still have lots of creative input. He's freeing up time to work on another WB show I just read at EW.

Comment

I trust Sera Gamble....and I think EK staying on board as EP will work out great! Fresh blood is good...look at what it did for Smallville!

Comment

Originally posted by Magda Halliwell
                    I trust Sera Gamble....and I think EK staying on board as EP will work out great! Fresh blood is good...look at what it did for Smallville!

Now I agree that fresh blood did Smallville wonders. Season 7 was fairly disapointing but Season 8 was awesome. But ,in my opinion, there is a big difference between Al&Miles leaving Smallville and Kripke leaving Supernatural: Supernatural never reached the point where it started to fail. Supernatural has been going good and getting stronger for 5 years so far and now Kripke is leaving. Smallville was going for 7 years and was starting to dip in quality when Al and Miles left. I love Supernatural, its my favorite show and as much as I love it, I wanted this to be the last season. I liked the 5 year plan because it let Supernatural go out with a bang and being on top. Now it has season 6 and it's entering "Smallville Territory"= Potentially running way longer than it should.

P.S. I like Smallville too but possibly ten seasons is a bit much

Comment

i think season 5 is the strongest in terms of writing yet. hopefully it will keep getting better.... though it is hard to imagine how to up the game from Lucifer...

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Skylord
                        I'm a little disappointed. What will happen to the angels, demons, and God? After the apocalypse is over, will they just disappear?
                        I don't think they'll disappear - I think Kripke will wrap it up and then they'll be around but not in every storyline or episode.

I'm thinking they'll end this arch, then they'll show us they boys more into the future, maybe with families and maybe introduce their kids. I mean, who knows if Jensen and Jared are planning to be in every episode this season - any confirmation on that? Be interesting to introduce a new family dynamic into the show since the show is about family anyway. Just my opinion anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Lexgirl33
                          Ah the joy of creative minds.

I have faith in them all though. Its basically just Kripke and Sera switching places. So its going to be them and Robert Singer.
                          ya im just glad they arent going to outsiders for help on the show. always good when it stays in the family.

Comment

Wow, good news 'n all, but I just hope it turns out awesome.

I mean I really wouldn't want it to turn into something like...

Sam:
                            "Ok Dean, now that we stopped the Apocalypse and ditched Lucifer and Michael for good, I hear there's something down in Kentucky. Wanna go shoot it??"

Dean:
                            "Yeah Sammy, let's go shoot something. I mean our lives are sooooo boring now."

Bobby: "Idjits! Why don't you boys just come and work in Singer Salvage Yard. We can all sing songs together and keep each other warm at night."

Would just be too weird you know??? Even for Supernatural standards!

Comment

Maybe Castiel can search for Lex Luthor next season.

Comment

Originally posted by smallvilleaddict15
                                Wow, good news 'n all, but I just hope it turns out awesome.

I mean I really wouldn't want it to turn into something like...

Sam:
                                "Ok Dean, now that we stopped the Apocalypse and ditched Lucifer and Michael for good, I hear there's something down in Kentucky. Wanna go shoot it??"

Dean:
                                "Yeah Sammy, let's go shoot something. I mean our lives are sooooo boring now."

Bobby: "Idjits! Why don't you boys just come and work in Singer Salvage Yard. We can all sing songs together and keep each other warm at night."

Would just be too weird you know??? Even for Supernatural standards!

*Dean, Sam and Bobby around the camp fire* "Kumbaya my lord, Kumbaya..."

----- Added 37 Seconds later -----

Originally posted by Call_Me_Ishmael
                                Maybe Castiel can search for Lex Luthor next season.
                                And Shelby!!
                                Last edited by chole_fan; 02-17-2010, 07:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎