No announcement yet.

An Analysis of Warrior: Why Clark Kent’s Apology Wasn’t Good Enough

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by newbaggy
    It appears to be based on the idea that Clark, in particular (though it applies to some extent to Lois and Zatanna as well) should always say and do the right thing.

That's actually laughable. This show has some of THE most flawed characters of any series. I really doubt that anyone taking part of this discussion is under the impression that these characters need to be perfect and always do the right thing. If that was the case, most of us would have left a long time ago because perfection this show has NEVER offered.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure psychoanalyzing members on this board is against the rules. The conversation should at all times be about the show and not about the members themselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by Candice

Zatanna is a magician
      Zatanna has the ability to take away Clark's free will
      Zatanna took away Clark's free will
      Zatanna forced herself on Clark
      Zatanna kissed Clark

Tell me again how Lois doesn't have anything to worry about? What Lois was worried about happened. So Clark telling her that she doesn't have anything to worry about doesn't make sense given the context of the episode.

Lois does have something to worry about. Clark does too.

Zatanna has boundary issues and does not respect a person's free will. What is to prevent Zatanna from returning and doing this again?

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

I'm not outraged either, but I'm also not ignoring what happened in this episode or excuse Clark's bad characterization.

Maybe.
      My thoughts exactly. For me, it wasn't the kiss itself (as nauseating to watch as it was), it was the fact that Clark didn't say anything to her about how wrong it was right after the kiss - all we got was 'I can't do this' and Clark looking guilty.

And then, as if that wasn't bad enough, he tells Zatanna later that he was flattered by her attentions. If Lois has nothing to worry about, then I'm the Queen of England.

Comment

• Originally posted by Britas15
        This is really turning into a "feel good" kind of thread, huh? LOL, fun times!

Anywho, I agree with you. He does seem to need her to just do what she does best and help him out. Take him, lead him, show him, direct him, teach him, support him, and so on.

I'm hoping that "Absolute Justice" convinced him of the nature of his regard for Lois, or at least helped him accept that she still chooses him over whatever Dr. Fate has predicted, and that it's OK for him to feel the way he does for her because those feelings are very real and are there to stay and will always have great importance to him.

Whereas, even when Lois kissed him in "Idol," she thought about it. She clearly made a decision and then went for it. Clark, oh poor Clark, barely seems to register what he's doing until he's nearly finished doing it.

I agree with you. He needs to stop worrying about keeping everything under control and just flat out tell her a few basic things. (1) "You look beautiful. Is that a new outfit." (2) "I can't describe what I'm feeling because I've never felt it before. So I'm sorry if I haven't done a good job of being clear. It's just that I can't quite figure it out myself." (3) "I'm going crazy from wanting to be closer to you. And, I've wanted -- no, needed to kiss you ever since you sat down at your desk this morning."

This is all well and good but I don't think you'll ever see the above comments coming from Clark's mouth. I posted in another thread that there is a basic fear in Smallville writing of a "sexualized" Clark Kent. Since the beginning of Smallville, notwithstanding his obvious good looks, Clark has been portrayed as primarily an asexual being. He's only been allowed to cut loose when under the influence of something or when he's got no powers.

I'm sticking to my guns on that theory, it's pretty apparent if you look at Smallville from its beginning to now. What surprises me is how much they gave us in Pandora and via Lois' vision but now that that's been dealt with, via Lois' very convenient mind swipe, it's like they're afraid to take the relationship to its natural and inevitable conclusion. Clark and Lois were generating more heat when they weren't together and that's the trend with Smallville and couples. I was hoping Clois wouldn't be dealt with in such cavalier and frankly unrealistic fashion but it seems they've chosen to go down this path again. I would love to see more touching, like real couples engage in, more fire in the belly, more lust, more passionate dialogue and encounters. The bickering is fine too but are they ever gonna be allowed to take it to the next level. Right now they're acting more like buddies than anything else, it's all so very, very TAME.

Comment

• The apology fell short because of bad writing permitted by producers that don't understand how passionate we are about Clois and their romantic relationship being done right.

This episode showed Clark in such bad light because:

a) all of a sudden he's keeping Lois at arm's length (totally contrary to him wanting to give Lois a tour of his galaxy)

b) as soon as Clark arrives, Zatanna snags him away quite abruptly and without regard to Lois.

c) when he was supposed to work with Lois at Metro-con and was late (doing Blur duties but she didn't know that). This is probably why she got even more upset with him after telling him about "the comic book" story. Because she was under the impression he was there as her partner to work on a story. So when he not only knows about it but then tells her he's going to work on finding it with Zatanna, well...she got upset. As any girlfriend/co-worker would have gotten. Then he proceeds to "open up" to Zatanna about his "stormtrooper" confessing he's keeping her a distant because of a previous relationship...you never discuss your personal life with a person that is hitting on you. You discuss it with your significant other.. Clark, without knowing it, opened the door for Zatanna to think she could have a little fun with him if he's keeping his girlfriend at arm's length. He didn't do anything to get away (ie crimson). He could've avoided the situation - but it was in the script - so Clark just looks stupid.

d) when he does show up at the DP, she knows something was up because he was trying to reassure her she had nothing to worry about. Why would he say that if nothing happened? So when she got off the phone, there was a silence. Seemed to me that she was waiting for him to tell her, at that point. He instead chooses to change the subject. And what's worse, when Lois fills him in about the missing boy, he tells her "we have to find him". Next scene, he's with Zatanna at the WT trying to find him. Not with Lois.

e) finally after a whole day and night of working with Zatanna, he shows up to the DP the next morning (late morning or early afternoon because he was with the kid at the barn before this) and there's Zatanna hitting on him just a few steps away from Lois. He says he's flattered (doesn't tell her anything about using her magic to hit on him). Nope. And then as she leaves and looks back at him, Clark looks back up at her. Nice way of showing her he thinks of her as just a friend.

f) then comes the apology. He leaves a lot out (as most guys do when they feel they messed up with their girlfriends) mentions the kiss really fast and tells her it will never happen again because he learned that Lois is his dream.

The only reason that last line worked for me was because Tom Welling is so gorgeous. And Clark finally expressed something to Lois I always wanted him to say...to bad it was under such bad writing.

I plan to have selective memory and will choose to forget everything before Clark tells Lois she is his dream and asks her to the ball.
          Last edited by smilingalways2; 02-16-2010, 09:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by smilingalways2
            The apology fell short because of bad writing permitted by producers that don't understand how passionate we are about Clois and their romantic relationship being done right.

This episode showed Clark in such bad light because:

a) all of a sudden he's keeping Lois at arm's length (totally contrary to him wanting to give Lois a tour of his galaxy)

b) as soon as Clark arrives, Zatanna snags him away quite abruptly and without regard to Lois.

c) when he was supposed to work with Lois at Metro-con and was late (doing Blur duties but she didn't know that). This is probably why she got even more upset with him after telling him about "the comic book" story. Because she was under the impression he was there as her partner to work on a story. So when he not only knows about it but then tells her he's going to work on finding it with Zatanna, well...she got upset. As any girlfriend/co-worker would have gotten.

d) when he does show up at the DP, she knows something was up because he was trying to reassure her she had nothing to worry about. Why would he say that if nothing happened? So when she got off the phone, there was a silence. Seemed to me that she was waiting for him to tell her, at that point. He instead chooses to change the subject. And what's worse, when Lois fills him in about the missing boy, he tells her "we have to find him". Next scene, he's with Zatanna at the WT trying to find him. Not with Lois.

e) finally after a whole day and night of working with Zatanna, he shows up to the DP the next morning (late morning or early afternoon because he was with the kid at the barn before this) and there's Zatanna hitting on him just a few steps away from Lois. He says he's flattered (doesn't tell her anything about using her magic to hit on him). Nope. And then as she leaves and looks back at him, Clark looks back up at her. Nice way of showing her he thinks of her as just a friend.

f) then comes the apology. He leaves a lot out (as most guys do when they feel they messed up with their girlfriends) mentions the kiss really fast and tells her it will never happen again because he learned that Lois is his dream.

The only reason that last line worked for me was because Tom Welling is so gorgeous. And Clark finally expressed something to Lois I always wanted him to say...to bad it was under such bad writing.

I plan to have selective memory and will choose to forget everything before Clark tells Lois she is his dream and asks her to the ball.
            The cliffnotes version of what was wrong with Clark in this episode, ladies and gentlemen.

I haven't watched every single episode this season but I did watch this one and I was surprised that Clark was behaving this way in his relationship with Lois. If the writers are trying to sell that Clark is going to love and value Lois more than he did Lana then they aren't doing the best job.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aficionado
              This is all well and good but I don't think you'll ever see the above comments coming from Clark's mouth. I posted in another thread that there is a basic fear in Smallville writing of a "sexualized" Clark Kent. Since the beginning of Smallville, notwithstanding his obvious good looks, Clark has been portrayed as primarily an asexual being. He's only been allowed to cut loose when under the influence of something or when he's got no powers.

I'm sticking to my guns on that theory, it's pretty apparent if you look at Smallville from its beginning to now. What surprises me is how much they gave us in Pandora and via Lois' vision but now that that's been dealt with, via Lois' very convenient mind swipe, it's like they're afraid to take the relationship to its natural and inevitable conclusion. Clark and Lois were generating more heat when they weren't together and that's the trend with Smallville and couples. I was hoping Clois wouldn't be dealt with in such cavalier and frankly unrealistic fashion but it seems they've chosen to go down this path again. I would love to see more touching, like real couples engage in, more fire in the belly, more lust, more passionate dialogue and encounters. The bickering is fine too but are they ever gonna be allowed to take it to the next level. Right now they're acting more like buddies than anything else, it's all so very, very TAME.
              I've read your comments elsewhere, where you've mentioned Smallville having demonstrated that it has problems depicting passionate, sexualized couples. I think one of the reasons you gave was that there are kiddies watching (all of whom aren't young, if you ask me).

Anywho, I agree. But part of that isn't necessarily the PTB's fault. I'm sure that one of the stipulations when this show was first approved by DC was that Clark keep his genie in the bottle. Superman is still, ultimately, a sexually conservative icon. So, the PTB of Smallville have been stuck writing a teen action/drama with a protagonist that can hardly ever have sex. And they've explained Clark's abstention by slapping him with a fear of hurting his partner. So, Clark has only ever had sex when he wasn't superpowered and his partner was a normal human, and when he did have his powers and his partner had powers too. In eight-and-a-half seasons, there have only been four episodes in which present-Clark got laid. Wow. Just wow.

Nonetheless, the PTB have established that though Clark is sexually repressed, he does still have considerable sexual interest. This is most obvious in episodes when he's on Red-K, and, thus, uninhibited. And the PTB have also established that if anyone's capable of getting Clark out of his sexual shell, it's Lois Lane. There have been many, many nods to this fact. And I'm sure you probably already know what they are, so I won't waste your time with a rehash.

I actually really enjoy Clark's Sex Arc. And I think that the PTB have done a really good job with it. It's been made perfectly clear that, at some point, Clark Kent will be able to embrace, explore, and even indulge his sexuality. And it's been made perfectly clear that all that's going to happen with Lois Lane.

But, for now, the PTB have to show that buildup, because (1) if this relationship gets too hot too fast, then the PTB will run out of story to tell with Lois and Clark's relationship, and (2) the PTB have to do due diligence in depicting Clark gradually coming out of his sexual shell, because they've spent over eight years establishing that he's never really left it (the Lana sex was never the real deal; the PTB did that on purpose).

I have every confidence in the fact that, should this series go ten seasons, we will see Clark fully embrace his sexual self, thanks in no small part to Lois. Of course, this is still a "family" show that happens at "family" hour, so there will never be a particularly explicit depiction of the sexual side of Lois and Clark's relationship. But I'm sure it'll be heavily suggested. And, on occasion, it may even be explicitly presented.
              Last edited by Britas15; 02-18-2010, 11:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by newbaggy
                I think Lois is simply referring to seeing Zatanna in her fishnets at the Con prior to her dragging Clark away. No doubt Lois bent Oliver's ear with her tale about how Clark seemed keener to go off with Zatanna than hang out with her (hence Ollie's warning to Clark). Also, she remarks later that she knew about the kiss because Clark has "no poker face and about a million tells". Zatanna didn't come bragging in Offscreenville, and nobody else told Lois - she just knew Clark well enough (and smelled Zatanna's perfume on him - the "magazine insert" remark) to spot the relevant signs. Incidentally, these "tells" were probably part of the reason why she found his apology adequate - she could sense that he was sincere. Similarly, she realised that buying the tickets for the costume ball wasn't a pathetic attempt to atone for what he had done (the classic "forgive me darling - have these flowers/chocolates/items of jewellery"), but Clark genuinely trying to give "fantasy" a chance. That's why she was rather more tolerant and forgiving than some of the fans.
                Yeah, but Lois said in that scene that she just saw his friend, and the comment about her clothing because she wore it after the fact of wonder con, prompting Clark to say she just dresses like that. She was angry before Clark arrived and how could she know he was still hanging out with Zatanna unless someone rubbed it in? So, I believe there's a deleted scene, they cut it out because Lois's dialog explained the provocation. I'm aware of the post revelations, but I believe Zatanna triggered suspicion at the DP. Anyway, just a thought

And I ignored some of your post because as it does not pertain to the subject as a whole , it refers to fans as in psycho-analyzing/generalizing disposition which is not allowed to I decline to respond, though interesting read nonetheless. However, I wholeheartedly agree 100%! it was a direction issue, but that is for another thread. Then again, it does have relevance as to why the message was poorly conveyed.

But what I have to judge is what went in the episode, I'm looking at cause and effect. I don't have problem with the kiss and prior to the episode airing I can quote myself as to looking forward to it, I like these compromising zestful scenarios, the passion and the characters respond to such scenarios. However, it was unbelievable when I watched Warrior. I didn't feel the chemistry or connection like I did with Maxima, or Alicia. I don't blame Clark for any kiss and I don't have a problem with the kiss at all, just what brought it on and how it was handled. Such accusation stating otherwise kinda trivializes the discussion. In the OP Ella did not blame Clark for the kiss, just what lead up to it, and his hesitant approach in cleaning it up.

I believe he truly got caught up in the moment as Chloe stated, I think that it was simply conveyed wrong by the director. I believe that was the intent, but the portrayal mixed signals. But I can't really excuse the post response when she gave him an opening to be forthcoming. But by the end of the episode it did awkwardly sloppily resolve itself
                Last edited by Dominicus; 02-16-2010, 10:29 PM.

Comment

• I have question. Is Clark still worried about what will happen if he has “you-know-what” with a woman? In that case it’s a huge obstacle in the relationship with Lois and that may make him keeping her at an arms length as well as the secret issue.
                  Or has he finally figured out that he can use blue kryptonite while doing it?

Comment

• Wow, this thread moves along quickly

Originally posted by GreenYarn
                    But what does THAT have to do with Clark being honest with Lois?

Why did any of the events about the comic need to be resolved before he could be honest with Lois? He didn't mention the comic book at the end, the use of magic, or any of that so what was the need of waiting? If you can explain that then maybe I could better understand your point.

THAT was the real reason for the wait and that is what bothers a lot of people. Based on this episode, Clark's opinion of Lois doesn't appear to be that high. Lois is a very strong character but she has shown Clark nothing but love and support and when Clark needs to remember this, he forgets it. He becomes afraid of Lois and he assumes that she will be the type of person who will not be able to understand the mitigating circumstances around the kiss.
                    As I said in my original post, the comic book situation and him telling Lois were completely relevant to one another. He said himself that he expected Lois' reaction to be bad, and while this obviously was a part of his reluctance to tell her (even though it wasn't his fault), I think it had more to do with the fact that he had more prevalent things to worry about: namely, the kid that just stumbled onto superpowers and could be anywhere doing anything with them. Lois even brings him back to this problem herself by telling him about what she found on the case, reminding him of the bigger issue at hand.

So let's say he told her at this point. He expected that things would degenerate into a big argument, so let's say it happened as he predicted and the two got into a fight. While they were fighting, Zatanna and Chloe worked out the truth about Stephen turning into Devilicus without him (he didn't really play a massive part in that) and Chloe goes to sort it out on her own. This triggers the transformation and he threatens Chloe's life. Chances are, by this point, Zatanna wouldn't have found a place to set up her spell without Clark, and even if she had, she wouldn't have been able to carry it out because Clark wouldn't have been around to tell her who to aim it at. In this scenario, Chloe is dead and Devilicus is still on the loose.

But let's say that Zatanna found out what was going on and called Clark for help in the middle of his fight with Lois. Clark would have had to sputtered out some rubbish excuse to explain his leaving during the middle of an argument which would most likely have made him look like a complete moron - because he would, from Lois' perspective, be storming out of an argument he caused.

So yeah, the timing of him telling Lois was important.

Originally posted by Dominicus
                    That's the point of his error, he assumed. All this stuff is neither her nor there, Clark has left Lois in middle of fights before to do what's necessary. It's really no excuse, this is a different Clark. That's why people were pissed because this is how his character was last season, not the proactive confident we seen in the episode prior. But I agree, Ella has even said as much as the kiss was not his fault. But his guilt lies in him allowing himself to get caught up in the first place, and Zatanna put the whammy on him because he let her get too close. This was in his apology to her. So that what clearly on his mind, he blamed himself, though I feel Zatanna got the light end of the stick. Too bad no Lois smackdown on Zatanna.
                    Yes, Clark has left Lois in the middle of stuff before, not nothing as big as what had potential to be a full-blown argument. Besides, isn't he meant to have learnt from his mistakes with Lana, where he was bursting in and out of problems all the time? He's trying to give his relationship with Lois a proper go, and even though it seems stupid to me that he's going to do it without telling her his secret, introducing a big issue and then seemingly running away from it isn't a good way of showing that. As for letting Zatanna get too close, I'd argue that he didn't really have enough time to realise that she was going to cast a spell on him before she actually did it. And even if he did, what was he going to do - run away in the middle of a search? Order her not to do it? How much attention do you think she'd pay for that?

Oh, and I agree it's a shame we didn't get to see Lois give Zatanna a good beating

One of my biggest confusions about this debate, though, is the people that say that they don't like Clark "suddenly" keeping Lois at arm's length. Erm, to my recollection, this isn't sudden. He's been doing it for nearly five seasons now! Sure, he's gotten closer to her, but until he tells her his secret, he is always going to be keeping her at arm's length.
                    Last edited by Mars Investigations; 02-17-2010, 04:04 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mars Investigations
                      Wow, this thread moves along quickly

One of my biggest confusions about this debate, though, is the people that say that they don't like Clark "suddenly" keeping Lois at arm's length. Erm, to my recollection, this isn't sudden. He's been doing it for nearly five seasons now! Sure, he's gotten closer to her, but until he tells her his secret, he is always going to be keeping her at arm's length.
                      It's controversial topic, people have various opinions

The past seasons were one thing but this season started off with a different premise, Clark realized his feelings for Lois. Now keeping her away from danger, ie his dual-life hasn't changed, but this doesn't effect the relationship in terms of intimacy or moving forward, rather that's a safeguard to keep her out of harms way.

However, his resolve, his conviction have been solid this season, he wasn't holding back, he initiated them becoming a couple going full throttle, at the same time balancing the hero role. Whereas Lois was the one holding back with Oliver and her past relationships failing and wanting to get this one right, and take it slow. This has been the case for most of the season. Ultimately, Warrior completely flipped the script with that inconsistency sending instant mixed signals, it was caught right away by fans as a wtf moment. This is a writer's error losing touch of the subject and continuity. So what happened last season in regards to Clark's hesitation that wasn't the theme of this season and the story they've been selling since the final scene in Doomsday with Clark's self proclaimed demise.

When Lois came back Clark back as a more confident man, and had been taking charge this season in regards to the relationship. Still, this is all about balance both Clark and the Blur, human and kryptonian side into one. There's strife, conflict, chaos at this point, road blocks, however I think Lois as his support will balance these two severed opposites, to combine them and be the man of legends.

Oh well, maybe the next Zatanna visit well get an exclusive Lois vs Zee smackdown.

I also somewhat agree that Clark didn't realize what was going on, and that was due to Zatanna. Cedric said this in the love/hate thread about the best depiction of the scene I can find

They talk about life as a Superhero and how responsibilities don't allow you to kick back and enjoy fantasies. But, she finishes, at least he has Lois. Then gives him a knowing glance.

OK. Now thats obviously her way of seeing if there is a crack in his armor that she could penetrate. Clark needs a solid definitive reply that lets Zee know that Lois is the only woman for him.

"Yeah well, based on my last relationship, I'm afraid I'm keeping Lois at arms length."
                      - What NOT to say, 7:28 PM.

Right away she jumps on his insecurities and he tries to back track but its too late. She smacks her lips, offers him a real fantasy, and gets all up on his chest before whispering a romantic setting spell. Confused hardon meet desperate hardon. Right about now would be the point where you punch yourself out Clark. On second thought don't. She might do something while you're asleep. She circles him and he looks unsure of what to do, so she makes the choice for him and casts a lust spell. With that Clark grabs her in a kiss and pulls her on top of his lap.
                      Clark opened up, unguarded and exposed leaving himself open for the attack, because of his hesitation, pent up emotions, because of his uncertainties, because of his gullibility. He simply confided into the wrong woman.
                      Last edited by Dominicus; 02-17-2010, 04:32 AM.

Comment

• I think that some things were a little off in this episode, but I didn't read Clark's behavior as bad or wrong, I think he was shocked, surprised himself and didn't know how to explain everything to Lois (magic, etc.), cause she wouldn't believe him. And besides, knowing Clark and his interactions with females, even though the situation with Zatanna was obvious to us viewers, it didn't have to be that obvious to Clark (I'm talking about the scenes before she cast a spell on him), he was pretty shocked and didn't know what to do.

I don't want to speculate more, my bottom line is: I didn't take Clark's behavior that badly as some of the posters here. But another thing is, I didn't like Zatanna being used as Clark's seducer (I don't see the point-Clark noticing some fun in life is a lame excuse!)

And that to me was bad writing!

Comment

• I don't want to speculate more, my bottom line is: I didn't take Clark's behavior that badly as some of the posters here.
                          Me neither...I looked at it as him being under the influence of Zee mojo. That he was able to snap out of it seemed like quite the feat and spoke volumes of his feelings towards Lois to me. I blame Zee for trying to roofie him with magic.

I think he is trying with Lois, though. He just has other obligations in a lot of cases and as long as she doesn't know who and what he is he has to keep running out on her when there is trouble. It complicates the relationship. I don't know that there is anything he could do to stop it outside of tell her the truth about everything and he isn't ready to do that yet.
                          Last edited by NYMeggi; 02-17-2010, 05:28 PM.

Comment

• I honestly give Clark a little bit of a pass on not telling Lois until the end of the ep. I think he was just trying to get his thoughts together before he started in on the situation with Lois. But I do have a slight problem with him not telling her the whole truth i.e straddling the lap and him kissing her first; but I assume he left that out because the magic stuff would have to be brought up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Britas15
                              I've read your comments elsewhere, where you've mentioned Smallville having demonstrated that it has problems depicting passionate, sexualized couples. I think one of the reasons you gave was that there are kiddies watching (all of whom aren't young, if you ask me).

Anywho, I agree. But part of that isn't necessarily the PTB's fault. I'm sure that one of the stipulations when this show was first approved by DC was that Clark keep his genie in the bottle. Superman is still, ultimately, a sexually conservative icon. So, the PTB of Smallville have been stuck writing a teen action/drama with a protagonist that can hardly ever have sex. And they've explained Clark's abstention by slapping him with a fear of hurting his partner. So, Clark has only ever had sex when he wasn't superpowered and his partner was a normal human, and when he did have his powers and his partner had powers too. In eight-and-a-half seasons, there have only been four episodes in which present-Clark got laid. Wow. Just wow.

Nonetheless, the PTB have established that though Clark is sexually repressed, he does still have considerable sexual interest. This is most obvious in episodes when he's on Red-K, and, thus, uninhibited. And the PTB have also established that if anyone's capable of getting Clark out of his sexual shell, it's Lois Lane. There have been many, many nods to this fact. And I'm sure you probably already know what they are, so I won't waste your time with a rehash.

I actually really enjoy Clark's Sex Arc. And I think that the PTB have done a really good job with it. It's been made perfectly clear that, at some point, Clark Kent will be able to embrace, explore, and even indulge his sexuality. And it's been made perfectly clear that all that's going to happen with Lois Lane.

But, for now, the PTB have to show that buildup, because (1) if this relationship gets too hot too fast, then the PTB will run out of story to tell with Lois and Clark's relationship, and (2) the PTB have to do due diligence in depicting Clark gradually coming out of his sexual shell, because they've spent over eight years establishing that he's never really left it (the Lana sex was never the real deal; the PTB did that on purpose).

I have every confidence in the fact that, should this series go nine seasons, we will see Clark fully embrace his sexual self, thanks in no small part to Lois. Of course, this is still a "family" show that happens at "family" hour, so there will never be a particularly explicit depiction of the sexual side of Lois and Clark's relationship. But I'm sure it'll be heavily suggested. And, on occasion, it may even be explicitly presented.
                              I agree to a certain extent with your analysis. In Superman movies, which is the only real reference I have, Clark Kent either in reporter mode or in Superman mode was seldom depicted as a highly sexual being although he did get it on with Lois on a number of occasions. I don't remember the movies very well, they're kind of a blur so I can't give specifics on the when and where.
                              All I can say with respect to the "sexual arc" of Clark Kent is I hope you're right. I too recognize that Smallville is a "kiddie" show so to expect grand fireworks is probably a misplaced expectation.

Comment

• Omg yes thank you! The thing that annoys me the most about this episode is that zatanna lights a million candles and clark just stands there! He's not that stupid he can clearly see what's happening like seriously ughhh. I feel that he totally disrespected his and lois' relationship. I just don't even know what to say. I feel that all the characters were off in this episode. It should just be thrown away and out of the season. I seriously don't understand where any of this came from at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎